bilki
Site Admin

June 11th, 2017, 10:37 pm #11

It feels too contrived for my taste. I know things have to happen but it's like the characters are morons just so something is happening. Varga is annoying and I'm sick of hearing his stupid anecdotes. I hate it when I just want the villain to go away. It's more fun when I feel conflicted about that type of character. The only reason I'm still watching is because of Nikki Swango. If they had killed her off, I would have been done.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

June 12th, 2017, 9:11 pm #12

We are very disappointed in this season. Rumor has it the writer has nothing for the next season so they are saying this might be the last.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

June 13th, 2017, 6:16 am #13

Not just a rumor, Hawley has said it. But he also had no second or third seasons planned, either, until he got to them.

I'm behind. Will catch up.

Krystal
Site Admin

June 13th, 2017, 2:53 pm #14

Well if it's another season like this one it's just as well that it's gone. Like bilki, Varga extremely annoying and almost repulsive. Usually the villains have some redeeming qualities and he has none. The show is too surreal. For instance who was the guy that gave the Volkswagen to them? Then the Russian guy who was chasing her why was he seeing all those dead people or whatever they were? That kind of stuff does nothing for the show. In the past it was just believable human stupidity that made it ironic and funny.

bilki
Site Admin

June 19th, 2017, 12:35 am #15

Swango vs. Varga was fun. I loved the hijacking of the truck, and Nikki and Mr. Wrench outsmarting Varga at the hotel.

There, I said something positive about this crappy season, lol.

Krystal
Site Admin

June 19th, 2017, 4:06 pm #16

ITA, probably the best epi so far.

Krystal
Site Admin

June 23rd, 2017, 4:32 am #17

Terrible finale

bilki
Site Admin

June 25th, 2017, 10:55 pm #18

I was enjoying it until the cop showed up to interrupt Nikki and Emmit. Then I groaned because it became too obvious that Nikki was going to die. Speculation was that Nikki was the one to put the stamp on Emmit's forehead, but why'd she have him drive out there to kill him? And why was Emmit's car miraculously able to start again?

The showdown at the warehouse between Nikki and Varga's crew was cool but I found it hard to believe that Varga was quick and agile enough to escape out of that elevator.

The final scene with Varga and Gloria Burgle could have been great if Varga had actually been a fascinating villain.

Perhaps Varga was meant to demonstrate the absurdity of Good attempting to triumph over Evil. I don't know. I didn't feel like I ever had a good sense of his purpose, then his rambling stories/lies became so annoying that I just started to tune him out.

I really enjoyed Carrie Coon during the first season of The Leftovers but it felt like her talents were wasted here. She seemed like a version of Molly Solverson from Season 1 but I actually cared about Molly.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead was the only one who was able to keep her character fascinating throughout crappy season.

Dax
Site Admin

July 26th, 2017, 3:14 am #19

I finally caught up.

I liked it all.