bilki
Site Admin

September 22nd, 2014, 11:05 pm #81

Time Heist was fun. I like how they played with guilt, which is an emotion I've been fascinated with for some time. I see a number of comments about hoping we get to see Psi and Saibra again, and I'd have to agree.

I'm enjoying how they're developing the dynamic between the Doctor and Clara, though I'm still not sure how much I care about Daniel Pink. At least, the actor is nice to look at.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

September 23rd, 2014, 1:25 am #82

Okay my post isn't here. ::sniff and whimper::

Essentially I said this was a great caper episode, reminded me more of the Ten-Donna episodes, some of my favorites. Loved the twist with the disintegrater/teleporter device. Loved the real mission reveal.

Also, that Twelve seems to be experiencing jealousy with Pink in the picture. So after all of the flirty romance skating with Amy and then Clara, it'll be the 'unexpected' doctor (because older) who will confront the companion romance?
iii
iii
iii

blosslover
Site Admin

September 23rd, 2014, 1:26 am #83

What I don't get is how did the TARDIS end up on Gallifrey...really how is that possible? So while I thought the idea of Listen was interesting that went into my brain. I'm hoping that was the end of another universe as wasn't that where Jack caused the TARDIS to go when he hitched a ride?

I liked the newbies in Time Heist...it would be cool to have a companion that wasn't from present day Earth again.

Just read that there is a new ITV show with Alex Kingston and Noel Clarke hope we get to see it in the US...

2nd ETA: The rogues gallery included John Hart aka Spike... LMAO I can't believe I forgot to mention that...
Last edited by blosslover on September 23rd, 2014, 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

bilki
Site Admin

September 23rd, 2014, 3:26 am #84

wrote:it'll be the 'unexpected' doctor (because older) who will confront the companion romance?
In a way, that makes some sense. The younger Doctors may not want to disrupt the status quo by broaching the subject but this Doctor may feel like he doesn't have much to lose by expressing his jealousy.

I like that 12 seems to be struggling with some lingering feelings of romance for Clara. Like it's a pest from a past life.

bilki
Site Admin

September 29th, 2014, 2:37 am #85

Enjoyed The Caretaker more than I expected. I hated Closing Time, so I was a bit concerned going into this one. The Skovox Blitzer felt like an after-thought but I kinda love the Doctor/Clara/Danny dynamic. Some nice comedy in there, too.

Really liked the Doctor taking Courtney Woods for a ride in the TARDIS after Danny "saved" the day. Peter Capaldi is great.
Last edited by bilki on September 29th, 2014, 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

September 29th, 2014, 10:33 am #86

>>>>>kinda love the Doctor/Clara/Danny dynamic.
Yes indeed. I have never liked Clara so much. The relationship with Danny may have moved a bit fast, and the 'reveal' of the Doctor and the Tardis a bit quick, but I would rather that than a long dragged out soapy style of plot with Clara and Danny almost a separate show.

Adored that the Doctor thought the nerdy science guy with the bow tie the the BF.

And I need to be very careful that I don't applaud The Doctor's views about PE vs Maths in front of the wrong people. :D

The actor playing Danny is terrific. As is Capaldi, of course.

I hope Courtney sticks around.
iii
iii
iii

bilki
Site Admin

September 29th, 2014, 2:51 pm #87

wrote:I have never liked Clara so much.
I can't believe how much I like her now, especially after barely caring about her when this season started.

wrote:The relationship with Danny may have moved a bit fast
Yes, I was thrown when Clara said she loved Danny. Wait, what? I know there are things happening that we don't see but it felt like they were still just in the "dating" phase.

I'm seeing mostly positive comments about the Missy/Netherworld scenes. One reviewer said he didn't want to speculate at this point but I wish he had. I have no idea how it's all going to connect.
Last edited by bilki on September 29th, 2014, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blosslover
Site Admin

September 29th, 2014, 5:15 pm #88

The line from the Doctor about him and Clara being the same age. What???

I think I'd like Capaldi's Doctor more if they would lay off him making comments about her looks that are negative.

The other teacher who was nerdy was an English teacher. The Doctor would like an English teacher...to me the whole Danny is a PE teacher was a bit offensive though I doubt that DW was trying to be racist, but an American show doing that would have been.

I thought the alien was an afterthought. The guy who wrote this episode was also responsible for The Shakespeare Code...

The teen girl cracked me up as did the Go Away Humans sign...her parents being glad about her being slightly more well behaved, but not really....

I also don't get the Doctor's hatred of soldiers...as this theme is just odd considering the character's past. Is it supposed to be self-loathing?
Last edited by blosslover on September 29th, 2014, 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bilki
Site Admin

September 29th, 2014, 10:43 pm #89

wrote:I also don't get the Doctor's hatred of soldiers
Yeah, I'm with you on that. I don't recall him making those kinds of comments before but I figured something happened in the last season that I missed. Maybe not?

blosslover
Site Admin

September 29th, 2014, 11:13 pm #90

I don't think you really missed anything... In the past, the Doctor has been against certain weapons (Osterhagen Key) and some soldiers' behavior, but he didn't hate anyone based solely on their being in the military or else how could he be friends with the Brig or others at UNIT.