KMInfinity
Site Admin

January 18th, 2014, 9:24 pm #51

I would LOVE Whithouse. I loved the BBC's Being Human - much superior to the amercanized version. I am firmly rooting for this to happen sooner rather than later.

Gatiss would be a middle of the road acceptable choice. I liked Night Terrors, but some of his other episodes have been 'plotty' and gimmicky, rather than character driven. Yet, the docudrama "Adventures in Time and Space" was gorgeous. He has a LOT of support from a certain segment of the fanbase.

Not familiar with Overman or Misfits.

Neil Cross would be very cool. I even liked his "Ring" episode, as I rather enjoy grand failures better than mediocre safety. My big concern would be that he seems to represent a high likelihood of someone who would drop out midstream and cause chaos for awhile.

Chibnall is a very mixed bag, as noted. I loved Broadchurch, but have a feeling he will fall victim to the Moffat syndrome of doing better work away from Who. Some people seem to think SF and Who are excuses to break the generally sensible writing rules they otherwise follow.

Gaiman. Well, why dream of the impossible?

Stryzcinski, intriguing but risky. And unlikely.

And of course, all speculative, and probably someone never even mentioned.

I wonder if he has promised to get the 12th Doctor (Capaldi) off and running and then pass the torch after one season of #12?
iii
iii
iii

Dax
Site Admin

January 18th, 2014, 9:40 pm #52

Hulu just showed me an ad for the new/final season of Misfits, and I thought I saw Michael Socha from your Being Human and my OUATiW, but imdb doesn't show him being in Misfits, so I wonder who that was...

Did you watch Babylon 5? I've heard plenty of good things about it over the years, but think I dislike JMS from his comics work, or at least reading interviews with him...

Cross... I have 1 & 2 of Luther on dvd... had 3 on the dvr, but let it go because I needed the space... I'll be interested in reading his Luther novels when I DO get around to watching the show...

Gaiman - well, yes, but I expected that article would include him when I clicked on it...

Wonder where American Gods is maybe set up at now... Neil posted a journal entry today saying he has a good half-dozen things he can't talk about right now, and that's surely one of them...

Did you like Neil's Cybermen episode?

KMInfinity
Site Admin

January 19th, 2014, 12:01 am #53

His Cybermen episode was pretty good, but I really loved his Doctor's Wife episode. It's one of my alltime favorite.

I liked the Babylon Five episodes I saw randomly, but it is VERY arc driven, one of the earliest to be so, and it was pre-Buffy so I didn't realize the commitment. I kept feeling lost, then miss a couple, then needing to get caight up and couldn't in the days before onDemand and repeats etc. One day I mean to watch them all in order, as it deserves to be watched. Almost everyone I know who's seen it all has at least liked it. It apparently varies wildly from one season to the next in tone and focus, etc. I still remember some of the key characters, such as Delenn. and G'Kar and Sheridan. It's on my "retirement' list.
iii
iii
iii

blosslover
Site Admin

January 19th, 2014, 3:12 am #54

I feel the same way, Neil's cybermen episode was decent, but Doctor's Wife was one of the best during Smith's time as the Doctor.

With Babylon 5, I can't really comment...

Just about finished with Luther, I like it a lot...though I was disappointed that McGann was only in the first two series.

Chibnall is way too busy, so he shouldn't have even been on the list.

blosslover
Site Admin

February 19th, 2014, 1:54 am #55

Karen Gillan aka Amy got a lead in a pilot. http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/do ... elfie-lead

KMInfinity
Site Admin

February 20th, 2014, 2:13 am #56

Good for her.
iii
iii
iii

blosslover
Site Admin

July 8th, 2014, 3:36 am #57

Not sharing spoilers, but the new season is starting on August 23 for the US (8 pm ET), Canada, the UK (obviously) and other places too. They are doing a world tour and the first will be in Cardiff. During that event, they get to meet Jenna and Calpaldi will be able to see the first episode of the series in early August. Of course, they will be going to other places outside the UK on other dates, but no Comicon.

Of course, the really insane thing going on in Whofandom is the leak, again there was a HUGE leak of the first five episodes of the new series. Somehow they were at the translators in Miami and the scripts were posted in full. The BBC and others of course are upset, which is very understandable, but I'm amused as the idea they would post these things on an non-secure server is a bit daft. Then again I just read they accidentally leaked the last episode of last series on Blu-Ray before it aired, so I guess this is sort of par for the course.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

August 16th, 2014, 2:44 pm #58

I have skipped the Leak and spoilers, so I am getting really excited.

Meanwhile, RetroTV is playing two half hour episodes nightly of old OLD Dr. Who from the Hartnell years. http://www.myretrotv.com/affiliates--schedules.html
Pretty stilted and bad in a lot of ways, yet like watching old old soaps. The power lurks underneath, if only to see how little things from long ago connect and resonate with to present. I LOL a lot at unintentionally funny lines. Ex:

Dr. #1: It's non of our business. We need to go. :fall:
iii
iii
iii

blosslover
Site Admin

August 16th, 2014, 4:00 pm #59

I've seen very few spoilers, (like episode titles)...but I didn't want to read the show ahead of time.

Saw a couple of the DW reruns with Hartnell, but I forget they are on...love that line.

BBCAmerica is marathoning DW all week, and on Saturday they have a new special....(according to my tv listings there is a second special on Monday also. No idea if they will make them any sort of spoilery.)

KMInfinity
Site Admin

August 16th, 2014, 4:07 pm #60

Their specials are always like long commercials, very little substance. I'll check them out tho.
iii
iii
iii