blosslover
Site Admin

October 27th, 2014, 5:07 pm #101

The part with the wolves and the tiger was weird...as really would Danny take the kids to confront the tiger. That was ridiculous as no teacher would do that.

I do think that Danny is written as controlling, and I don't like that. The best thing about him is how BBCAmerica misunderstood a Danny line in one episode and people thought he called Clara a b#tch but he said bench. It was got our bench...but captions said what up b#tch...

I thought this episode was a bit weak due to the inclusion of the kids and how London was treated. If it was a class trip, then there would have been parents and the like not just two teachers. They were in Trafalgar Square, which became a forest, and they were the only ones there. That makes no sense...

It is also like the issue I had with Mummy on the Orient Express, as where were the female scientists...

bilki
Site Admin

October 27th, 2014, 10:34 pm #102

wrote:They were in Trafalgar Square, which became a forest, and they were the only ones there. That makes no sense...
That was one of the first things that annoyed me. Where were all the people? No one was out in a panic?
And, what was up with the sister showing up at the end? I had no idea what that had to do with the forest protecting the planet from the solar flare.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

October 28th, 2014, 12:12 am #103

I like that Danny has all of these issues from his past (PTSD?) and loved his convo with Clara about why he doesn't want to trust the Doctor, or travel to see 'wonders.' I also like the way they're weaving his timeline in as a boy and his descendants. That said, I do think he's a bit of a grumpus, and controlling, and not Clara's type at all. I'm hoping there's payoff relative to that somewhere down the road.

I agree they needed a throwaway 'handwavy' explanation for why everyone was MIA. Even a quick statement that everyone was ordered indoors in case the plants were poisonous. Anything.

>>>>>And, what was up with the sister showing up at the end? I had no idea what that had to do with the forest protecting the planet from the solar flare.
yes, very lame. But the reason I've read is that hearing Maebh's voice on the world wide phone call inspired the sister to come home.

>>>>>If it was a class trip, then there would have been parents and the like not just two teachers.
HAHAHAHA! I'm taking 22 kids on a field trip tomorrow with another teacher. No parents.

here
http://thefrickpittsburgh.org/about/restoration.php
and here...
http://www.pittsburghtours.org/Carrie-B ... rnace.html
iii
iii
iii

blosslover
Site Admin

October 28th, 2014, 12:32 am #104

I liked to think that the sister was held hostage by the fairies that were in that Torchwood episode. It makes no sense, but whatever.

I read Digital Spy and their forums have mixed opinions on DW this series. That said this last episode wasn't as popular...

Doctorwhotv.co.uk has a weekly poll on each episode out of 10...(this doesn't include this week's episode) & isn't for spoiler avoiders...

Listen – 8.918
Flatline – 8.774
Mummy on the Orient Express - 8.679
Deep Breath – 8.282
Into the Dalek – 8.052
Time Heist - 7.823
Kill the Moon – 7.808
The Caretaker - 7.795
Robot of Sherwood – 7.512

Link to UK ratings etc...

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who ... -66394.htm

Deep Breath 6.8m (overnight) 9.17m (final) 10.76m (L+7) AI 82
Into the Dalek 5.2m (overnight) 7.29m (final) 8.26m (L+7) AI 84
Robot of Sherwood 5.2m (overnight) 7.28m (final) 8.25m (L+7) AI 82
Listen 4.8m (overnight) 7.01m (final) 7.80m (L+7) AI 82
Time Heist 4.93m (overnight) 6.99m (final) AI 84
The Caretaker 4.89m (overnight) 6.82m (final) AI 83
Kill the Moon 4.81m (overnight) 6.91m (final) AI 82
Mummy on the Orient Express 5.08m (overnight) 7.11m (final) AI 85
Flatline 4.6m (overnight) 6.71m (final) AI 85
In the Forest of the Night 5.03m (overnight) TBCm (final) AI 83

(iPlayer figures are not included in the ‘final’ figure)
(Live Plus 7 (L+7) counts those who watched live and all repeats, including iPlayer, within seven days following broadcast.)
(The Audience Appreciation Index (AI) is a score out of 100 which is used as an indicator of the public’s appreciation for a show.)

blosslover
Site Admin

October 28th, 2014, 12:36 am #105

Really it must depend on the age of the students and the district regarding field trips (even the state). It isn't an overnight event though?

Maebh's phone call reaching everyone was farfetched....I handwaved the sister coming home as the invisible beings had her hostage, but returned her no harm no foul..as they looked like fireflies...

blosslover
Site Admin

November 2nd, 2014, 5:40 pm #106

Prelim ratings from the UK plus last week's full ratings:

In the Forest of the Night 5.03m (overnight) 6.92m (final) AI 83
Dark Water 5.27m (overnight) TBCm (final) AI TBC

Okay so Moff strikes again. I love that in an interview he says Missy is not a particular character and then Missy is that character. WHAT? I'm sorry, can he just say I'm not discussing spoilers, by doing that I just get annoyed.

Otherwise I wish they had not spoiled certain things in the promos/pictures for adverts as that ruined the surprise of the cybermen.

My favorite line had to do with the hitting with a shoe comment as I say that. Humorous to me that people on the other side of the pond also say that.
Last edited by blosslover on November 2nd, 2014, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bilki
Site Admin

November 2nd, 2014, 11:05 pm #107

Somebody call the WAH-bulance! I forgot to record the episode, so I'll have to wait until after it re-airs next week.

Were you pleased and disappointed, BL?

blosslover
Site Admin

November 2nd, 2014, 11:31 pm #108

Bilki programming note for you: due to BBCAmerica adding Sherlock reruns, Dark Water will be on at 6 PM ET instead of right before the series 8 finale. (I wish you got BBCAmerica on demand so we could discuss it.)

I was thinking the chemistry is not what it should/could have been...and now Capaldi had to do those kind of scenes...

KMInfinity
Site Admin

November 3rd, 2014, 2:37 am #109

I was majorly disappointed. I'll reserve judgment because sometimes a two parter finishes so much stronger but I actually disliked much of it a lot.

iii
iii
iii

KMInfinity
Site Admin

November 3rd, 2014, 2:46 am #110

PS

I have been really enjoying Pertwee's #3 on Retro TV. Some of it is silly and some of it is just bad 70's TV, but yet, it seems to be 'more than its parts' which is a problem this season imo. Dr. Bond style action adventure, snarky, clueless but dependable and lovable Brigadier, annoying but true-hearted Jo... And Delgado! whew...
iii
iii
iii