~Days of Our Lives Spoilers & Discussion~

2buddy4u
Site Admin

December 29th, 2015, 3:44 pm #1

Spoilers for the Week of January 4th

Monday January 4:
Abigail urges Chad to believe Thomas is his son.
Maggie is faced with an impossible decision.

Tuesday January 5:
John offers to make a huge sacrifice for Brady.
A bereft Nicole lashes out at Jennifer.
Ciara, Joey, Claire, Chase, Theo, and their friends sneak into Club TBD to hold their own New Year’s Eve party.

Wednesday January 6:
Nicole says a final goodbye to Daniel.
Brady and Eric’s fate is decided.

Thursday January 7:
Ava 'accidentally' leaves evidence of her secret for Steve to find.
Chad deceives Stefano and Andre.

Friday January 8:
Hope and Stefano have an epic confrontation.
Nicole and Chloe reunite in their mutual grief.
Brady is devastated when he discovers all that has transpired.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

January 4th, 2016, 11:45 pm #2

Kate Mansi leaving Days

Just as 2016 gets off to a rip-roaring start for everyone’s favorite DAYS couple, Chad and Abby, comes the news that Kate Mansi has already finished taping her scenes and is the latest in a string of actors to leave the 50-year-old soap.

According to Serial Scoop, fans will still catch Mansi and Abby on-screen through May, as DAYS tapes nearly six months ahead.
However, this news comes as a devastating blow to “Chabby” fans the week Abby reveals to Chad he is indeed Thomas’s father, prompting Chad to soon propose marriage.

Mansi joined DAYS in 2011 soon after graduating from Pepperdine University and auditioning for two other Days of Our Lives roles she didn’t land.

Last edited by 2buddy4u on January 4th, 2016, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bilki
Site Admin

January 5th, 2016, 1:28 am #3

They spend so much time bitching and moaning about Kate Mansi/Abigail over at PreTV that it sometimes gives me a headache when I'm there. I do think Abigail gets too much screen time but I'm only mildly annoyed by it. Plus, that's why they invented the FF button.

I still hate that the show tapes so far ahead.

And I still think the show isn't doing a good job of juggling all of its storylines. I wish they would have spent more time on why Kate is so intent on making life difficult for Theresa. Kate really thought the designs of that other guy were good? Isn't she supposed to be a shrewd business woman? That colorful dress Gabi had on was worse than the anniversary celebration outfits. And now Eric is drinking heavily? When did this start?

I kept thinking it was going to get better after the anniversary stuff was finished but I still feel like the show is just a little better than average.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

January 5th, 2016, 7:34 am #4

Yeah I've never really understood all the hate for Kate Mansi/Abigail. I dont know if it was started by the crazy EJami fans during her tryst with EJ or what because I dont remember it being bad before that. She doesn't bother me that much, I'm not a fan but I can name a dozen other actresses I find way more annoying. I was kind of enjoying Chabby but its fine if shes gone too as long as we get to keep Billy Flynn. So I guess maybe the rumors of the female leaving was her and not AZ?

I'm a few episodes behind so I havent seen the fashion show yet. I do agree it would have been nice to know why Kate is so bitchy to Theresa but I love bitchy Kate so its kind of ok lol.

They are still missing alot of beats and the pacing is still weird but its hands down the best soap right now. Not sure what that says about soaps as a whole but i guess its good for Days.

Why do we need Ava? I need that to be over quickly. Part of it could be my aversion to Tamara Braun but it seems pointless and just an obvious roadblock for Steve/Kayla.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

January 5th, 2016, 12:06 pm #5

I think the whole "hate' thing started when Abby went after Austin, the whole storyline was poorly written and it wasn't her fault they made her look so bad. Like you said jbrr, there are worse actress' than her on the show. So I don't get it either.
Same goes for Daniel, all the boards hate Daniel and I don't get that either... He's not that bad!
Eric has been drinking heavy ever since Nicole picked Daniel over him.
Totally agree on Ava, she is a waste of space.
Yesterdays episode was really sad...The show has been pretty depressing for awhile now. I hope no one else dies and they start to liven things up soon.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

January 5th, 2016, 11:04 pm #6

I had forgotten about Abby/Austin, yeah that was bad. I wonder if they are recasting or just writing her off.

I actually really like Shawn Christian and have since his ATWT days. Daniel was way over exposed in the last year or two though. I loved him at the very beginning when he was with Chelsea. Its kinda funny he was on pretty much everyday for a long time and just before he leaves his screen time was cut so much I almost thought he left already.

bilki
Site Admin

January 6th, 2016, 4:30 am #7

wrote:Eric has been drinking heavy ever since Nicole picked Daniel over him.
Thanks, 2 buddy! Now that you mention it, I vaguely remember a random scene or two of him drinking. It feels like he hasn't even been on since Nicole couldn't hire him at Basic Black.

I'd be surprised if they didn't recast Abigail, unless Corday really does have a crush on Kate Mansi and that's why she's on 4-5 days a week.

Ava Vitali is one of Dena Higley's creations, which is the only reason some think she's back in Salem. I find Tamara Braun mildly amusing and can see why Joey would have a crush on Ava. But Ava isn't a compelling character on her own. She's so forgettable that I didn't remember she played a part in Shawn Brady's death.

I don't mind all of the death and gloom as long as the writers use it to do something interesting with the characters. I'm not sad that Guy Wilson is gone but I'm disappointed that Will's death didn't cause more of a ripple effect across the canvas. They could have spun a strong story for at least one character in the aftermath of Will's passing, and it didn't have to be Sami. Hopefully, Daniel's death will Nicole something to do for awhile but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Sami, Kate and Gabi after Nick's "death" was a good example of doing something fun with a dark storyline. I can see why people are getting tired of all the gloom and doom. It's been a long time since Jennifer had a book club meeting, lol!

How far away is Vincent Irizarry?

2buddy4u
Site Admin

January 6th, 2016, 11:45 am #8

Spoilers for the Week of January 11th

Monday, January 11, 2016
Rafe offers his help to a traumatized Hope.
Chad proposes to Abigail!
Nicole angrily rips into Eric, blaming him for Daniel’s death.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Theo finds a cruel message in his locker.
Rafe risks everything to protect Hope
Steve is stunned when Ava reveals the story behind the baby pictures.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Melanie returns to Salem to help plan her father’s funeral.
Nicole has a difficult time dealing with Daniel’s death.
Eric is wracked with guilt over his actions.
Eduardo gives John key information about his mother.

Thursday, January 14, 2016
Andre becomes suspicious of Hope.
Eric and Brady have an intense confrontation.
Brady has an odd dream… involving Nicole.
Victor reacts mysteriously when Caroline describes another disturbing vision she had about him.

Friday, January 15, 2016
Chad is unnerved by Andre’s theory.
Kayla squares off against Ava.
Jennifer tries to hide the pain she’s suffering.
Hope debates making a risky move.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

January 6th, 2016, 11:49 am #9

bilki wrote: How far away is Vincent Irizarry?
Him and Jordi should be showing up soon.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

January 9th, 2016, 11:24 am #10

I'm all caught up now.

Geez.......this show is a freaking bloodbath. Holy cow!

It has its issues but Fridays show was pretty good. The guys finding out what happened, Chloe/Nicole telling Parker, the ladies comforting Maggie, Hope/Stefano all worked really well. I couldnt decide if AZ went completely make-up free or it was just really light to look like that but she certainly looked the part of the grieving fiance. Was it weird to anyone else Rafe found out about Daniel by reading the paper?

I know bilki probably hasnt watched yet so I dont want to spoil the ending but.....DAMN!