~Days of Our Lives Spoilers & Discussion~

2buddy4u
Site Admin

November 28th, 2015, 9:18 pm #1

Spoilers for the Week of December 7th

Monday December 7:
Theo receives a cruel, anonymous text.

Tuesday December 8:
Eduardo and Kate get to know one another… and later Eduardo gets an unexpected visitor.

Wednesday December 9:
Hope strikes a deal with Dr. Malcolm.

Thursday December 10:
Philip returns home with big plans for Titan.

Friday December 11:
Steve and Kayla make plans for the future, unaware their relationship is facing a new threat.
Chad provides comfort as Abigail tries to put her life back together.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

December 1st, 2015, 4:38 am #2

Greg Vaughan Leaving 'Days of our Lives'

Throughout his career, Greg Vaughan has played memorable characters in film (Poison Ivy, The New Seduction, Children of the Corn V), primetime television (Charmed, Beverly Hills 90210) and daytime drama (General Hospital, The Young and the Restless). The busy actor has wracked up an impressive list of credits, including his latest starring role for Hallmark in last night's world premiere of The Christmas Note. In 2012, Vaughan joined the cast of NBC daytime drama Days of our Lives as photojournalist-turned-priest Eric Brady. He now reveals to Serial Scoop that Days has elected to write out his popular character.

The character of Eric Brady has led a very complicated life. He left Salem in 2000 (played then by Jensen Ackles) as a photographer and returned 12 years later as a priest (played by Vaughan). In 2013, Eric dealt with the aftermath of being drugged and sexually assaulted by Kristen DiMera (played by Eileen Davidson), with Vaughan turning in one mesmerizing performance after another as the tortured character questioned his path in life. Since that time, Eric has been busy managing his longtime friendship/relationship with Nicole Walker (Arianne Zucker). He also welcomed his ex, Serena Mason (Melissa Archer), to town only to see her murdered months later. He has now returned to his photography roots, and to the bottle.

Vaughan revealed in August that he had renewed his contract with Days. It turns out it was just a short-term extension to wrap up the character's story. It wasn't his decision to leave his popular character behind.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

December 1st, 2015, 6:57 am #3

I've never been a GV fan but I do think there was alot left they could have done with the character. I guess they needed to make room for JPLs Phillip and whoever VI is playing.

bilki
Site Admin

December 1st, 2015, 3:37 pm #4

wrote:with Vaughan turning in one mesmerizing performance after another
Really? I don't remember that ever happening. I probably didn't FF through as many of his scenes in the aftermath of Kristin's rape but I don't recall him doing anything great with the material. He's too dull to be Sami's twin.

I don't know why they had Abigail squawking so much about the baby coming too soon if they're were going to use a healthy looking baby in the scenes after its birth.

Belle's snarky comments about Sami amused me. I didn't care for Martha Madison during her previous stint but that's probably because I was so fond of Kirsten Storms.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

December 1st, 2015, 7:01 pm #5

Vaughan has always been dull as dishwater. Hes keeps getting miscast into what should be dynamic roles that just arent right for him.

I thought the same thing about that baby! I was expecting at least a little drama surrounding his health.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2015, 12:45 pm #6

Matt Ashford Returns To Days!

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/56606/matthew-ash...
Ashford has only signed for a five-episode arc.
Ashford is due to report for work the week of November 30.
He won't hit the air until late spring.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2015, 12:50 pm #7

Judi Evans, Wally Kurth Off Contract at Days of our Lives

Apparently, Bo and Hope aren't the only Salem supercouple, who have reached the end of the line. According to behind-the-scenes sources, Judi Evans and Wally Kurth, who created the roles of Adrienne and Justin back in 1987, have been taken off contract at Days of our Lives.

The pair received the news on Monday, November 30, and were understandably surprised. After all, both actors had only been put back on contract with the soap earlier this year.

On March 30, 2015, Kurth tweeted: "Hey all, guess I should confirm. I did sign a contract with #Days. Which will require me to leave #GH. It's bittersweet. I can't do both."

Kurth, in fact, did leave his recurring role as Ned Ashton on General Hospital to return to Days full-time, shortly thereafter. Now, that contract has been terminated.

The Days writers had separated Adrienne and Justin a few months ago, after Justin had an affair with a co-worker named Elsa. Adrienne then found solace in Lucas' arms. Lately, however, Justin had grown closer to Eve, while comforting her over the loss of her daughter Paige.

There's no word yet as to whether or not Evans and Kurth will remain on the show as recurring players. No matter, don't expect the pair to be involved in major storyline moving forward. The two actors' screen time has dwindled considerably, since the departure of Freddie Smith, who played their son, Sonny.

Evans and Kurth will be both missed.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2015, 12:54 pm #8

Spoilers for the Week of December 7th

Monday, December 7, 2015
As the cabin burns down around them, Abigail and Chad frantically try to escape.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015
Abigail pleads with Ben to tell her what he did with her baby.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Andre targets Belle to get to Sami.

Thursday, December 10, 2015
Steve and Kayla make love!
Brady confides to Theresa his concerns about Philip.

Friday, December 11, 2015
Hope’s arrangement with Dr. Malcolm takes an unexpected twist.

-Someone from Steve’s past shows up in Salem with a secret.

-John questions Eduardo about Winterthorne Academy.

-JJ and Lani are on the hunt for Ben.

-Rafe becomes suspicious of Hope’s behavior.

-Joey is unaware that he is in over his head.

-Hope is pushed over the edge as she demands answers from Dr. Malcolm.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

December 5th, 2015, 1:52 am #9

SOD: Hope's Shocking Decision

After a dangerous game of Russian Roulette with Dr. Malcolm, Hope gets a visit from Roman.

Rafe has told Roman that Hope is out of control. Roman comes over and takes Hope's gun.

Hope tells Roman she should quit the force but Roman won't accept her resignation. He puts her on leave.

Because of Bo's death, Hope is has every emotion running through her and is completely broken.

But she won't give up her plan to avenge the people who tortured Bo.

Dr Malcolm contacts her and offers 500k for the information she wants

The meeting with Dr Malcolm takes an unexpected twist but it doesn't stop Hope. She has tunnel vision and her main objective is to avenge Bo's death

2buddy4u
Site Admin

December 5th, 2015, 1:53 am #10

SOD: JPL Debuts as Philip

This week John Paul Lavoisier makes his first appearance as Kate and Victor's son.

One thing he was told before he started was Philip was working in company's out of town branches. He's come back to take over everything in Salem.

His reps were called to ask for a screen test. He was the only actor being seen that day and tested with Jen Lilley. Says it was a wonderful and fun scene- a power struggle between Theresa and Philip with a sexual overtone involved.

He was hesitant when offered the role. He wasn't sure about all of the dialogue he'd have to memorize because he hadn't done it in so long

He purposely didn't ask for a lot of information about the character because he didn't want to fill his head with a lot of stuff. His decision was to take each script and treat each script as the truth, but also be willing to divorce from the script if they gave him notes to change things after dress rehearsals.

He was so focused on creating his character that it didn't really hit him that he was a recast until people started mentioning other actors who played Philip. He remembers thinking he was like "the third husband" (laughs). At first he considered getting footage of the other actors but then nixed the idea.

He starts as Philip on December 10