jbrr1212
Elite Members

November 21st, 2015, 10:48 am #31

That. Was. Beautiful.

Thats how you bring closure to a supercouple. While the pacing of the lead up felt a bit rushed and weird Fridays episode was pretty much perfection. I seriously couldnt find a single thing to complain about. I'm sure they will probably submit the gala episode for the Emmys but they should use this one (not sure if they still have the flashback rules so maybe they cant because of that) best episode of any soap all year hands down! I even teared up quite a bit toward the end.

Well done Days!

2buddy4u
Site Admin

November 21st, 2015, 1:44 pm #32

Having watched Days from the early 80's, I hated how they wrote Bo off the show and left Hope just hanging. I am so glad PR decided to come out of retirement to end their love story. The writers did a great job and the episode was bittersweet and beautiful, one of the best I have seen on a soap in a very long time.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

November 21st, 2015, 1:46 pm #33

Spoilers for the Week of November 30th

Monday November 30:
Steve and Kayla's mysterious stalker is revealed.

Tuesday December 1:
While trapped in a supply closet, things turn romantic for Kayla and Steve.

Wednesday December 2:
Hope interrogates Claudia, demanding answers about who was behind Bo’s kidnapping.

Thursday December 3:
Lani and JJ take off to search for Abigail.

Friday December 4:
Caroline has a distressing vision concerning Victor.
Brady gives up everything for Theresa.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

November 21st, 2015, 1:48 pm #34

SOD: John gets a lead on his past

This is a week of celebration for John. It's Thanksgiving and his daughter, Belle and granddaughter, Claire make a surprise entrance!

The happiness is cut short when Belle reveals to her parents some bad news and this makes John rather disappointed. After the disappointment come anger and he's not happy with Shawn. Belle quickly calms him by telling the issues there are NOT Shawn's fault but that of herself. This hurt John.

After this, Paul comes to John with information he's gotten about Winterborne Academy. DH says, "John has basically given Paul information that he wouldn't give to anyone that he didn't love and trust." Paul, at first, was amazed by John's past but now he's willing to help her father.

Paul tells John that someone who went to Winterborne is staying at the Salem Inn. John doesn't know this person but it's possible that he and John were in a class together there. John then makes the plan to put this person under surveillance. Marlena suspects that something is up with John and he tries to placate her. "He assures Marlena that what he's doing has nothing to do with the ISA. But John wants to know so badly about his past that it's a slippery slope." Balancing acts are not John's strong suit and he realizes that at any moment Marlena could "pull the swith and say, 'See ya, Pal.'"

2buddy4u
Site Admin

November 21st, 2015, 1:49 pm #35

SOD: Chad recalls Ben is a killer!

Chad has tried telling Rafe his beliefs as to why Ben and Abigail left but he doesn't have solid evidence. Chad is really upset over this because he doesn't know why Ben would take off with Abigail. In the meantime, Abigail is having severe pains and is begging Ben to take her to the hospital. Abigail tells him that their baby's life is in danger but Ben doesn't want to risk taking her to the hospital for fear of being outed as the Necktie Killer so he brings a midwife in to take care of Abigail.

Meanwhile, Chad is beginning to have these flashbacks and then he remembers "confronting Ben about being the Necktie Killer." Chad finally realizes the true danger Abigail is in and once again tells Rafe. "they pick up a signal from Abigail's phone but the location isn't specific. But, it's enough for Chad to mount a search." BF says.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

November 21st, 2015, 1:50 pm #36

SOD: Stuff we know and shouldn't tell you....

Any ideas?

"Fans who have been hoping for this soap fave to return will be disappointed to know that the actor has no intention of coming back to the role that put him on the daytime map..."

"This performer is alienating co-stars with a lazy approach to scenes"..

"This Emmy-winning actor has put out feelers to reprise his character but there is currently no room available at the inn".....

Thoughts?

2buddy4u
Site Admin

November 23rd, 2015, 1:20 pm #37

Spoilers for the Week of November 30th

Monday, November 30, 2015
Rafe and Chad get a lead on Abigail’s whereabouts.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015
Gabi and Paul get new job opportunities.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015
Fearing for her life, Abigail desperately tries to get through to an unraveling Ben.

Thursday, December 3, 2015
Hope plays a dangerous game when she finally tracks down Dr. Malcolm.

Belle gets sucked into Sami’s mess.

Friday, December 4, 2015
Ben seals Abigail and Chad’s fate.

-In her quest for vengeance, Hope receives a vital tip from Steve.

-Shawn-D says goodbye to a heartbroken Belle.

-Daniel is not thrilled that Fynn continues to flirt with Nicole.

-Chad attempts to rescue Abigail from Ben.

-Belle opens up to Marlena and John about what happened in Maine.

-Victor forces Brady to make a choice between Theresa and Titan.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

November 25th, 2015, 1:14 pm #38

SOD: Why Bo Brady Had To Die; "The Bo/Hope era has come to a final chapter and closed..."

So... why did Bo have to die? Ken Corday explains.

"With the new writing regime, there was one scenario, which was to get Bo back on the show. And after discussions with Peter, we knew it was only going to be for a very limited time. Thus, the decision was made that it was best to bring Bo and Hope's relationship to closure. It wasn't done cavalierly. But Peter made it clear he wasn't going to return to the show anytime soon, so we made the decision to really kill the character. The Bo/Hope era has come to a final chapter and closed."

Corday is concerned about fan response. "If the viewers are upset, I ask them to understand the outside factors that weigh here. We need to move Hope on. And we can't do it with Bo still alive. It's impossible."

Corday goes on to praise Peter Reckell's performance. He recalls sitting with Susan Seaforth Hayes as they watched him tape his final scenes. "She whispered in my ear, 'This is the end of an era.' There wasn't a dry eye in the house. We all cried our eyes out."

So what's ahead for Hope? Corday hints, "There's a real twist and you have to stay tuned. We have a surprise or two in the months to come..."

Kristian Weighs In

"I was as shocked as the viewers were," says Kristian Alfonso of Bo's death. "But this is what Pete wanted, as far as I know from him. He wanted closure to the character."

She talks about their final scenes and how difficult they were to film. "Oh my God, it was so sad. They were such dramatic/heartbreaking scenes for the characters because we had gone full circle so many times and overcome everything and here it was, Bo's death, and it happened so quickly."

2buddy4u
Site Admin

November 25th, 2015, 1:17 pm #39

Chad Reunites with Abby

This week, Chad gets help from Rafe in the form of a significant lead on Ben and Abby's whereabouts.

"They get a tip about a midwife who was contacted by Ben Weston," explains Billy Flynn. "Chad freaks out because he immediately realizes that Abigail is having her baby."

Chad jumps on the lead but encounters a huge obstacle when a snowstorm hits. "Chad isn't going to let a snowstorm stop him," asserts Flynn. "His main objective is finding Abigail. [The danger] doesn't matter to him."

Finally, Chad locates the cabin were Ben is holding Abby captive but he tries to stay undetected. "Things don't go exactly as planned," previews Flynn. "Because Chad has just come out of a coma, he hasn't completely recovered." When Ben sees Chad, he flies into a rage and takes him hostage.

Angry, Ben blasts both Chad and Abigail for making a fool of him. Then, he does something that could have fatal consequences...