2buddy4u
Site Admin

October 9th, 2015, 2:00 pm #21

SOD: To tell the Truth..the Alison Sweeney interview

She was angry when she found out that Will was being killed. She was hurt and betrayed and didn't want to be a part of this because she was so upset over this. She felt like she went through the 5 stages of grief with this and then came to terms with it. "I haven't seen every scene that Will has done that put them in this situation, but I think there are other ways they could have handled it. It breaks my heart that there is no Will anymore. There have been a lot of storylines that I haven't agreed with, but I always understood the motive behind them and the value of getting the audience riled. up. I'm a company girl and I've always been super supportive of that. But this particular story point is something that I just don't agree with and I didn't from the moment they told me. I don't understand why they did it."

She felt that Will was a legacy character. The character of will has been there since 1994 (according to AS) and has been on canvas since then in some way. She felt that he was written into a corner toward the end but it was heartbreaking. She was sad to have to play out those scenes. She said that it was difficult to keep things together and then having to let go when she was in Will's apartment. She was nervous reading the scripts and had a difficult time even acting those scenes. She noted that everyone was affected by this, including the crew.

She is invested into the possibility of EJ being alive. "I went in knowing that not all of the fans are going to be thrilled and I get that, but Rafe and Lucas are staying in Salem and they've moved on and they have other relationships. I hope that their fans are excited and remember Sami's time with them fondly, but for me, the idea of giving the hope that there's a happily ever after for Sami off camera was worth fighting for, I was so thrilled it was being rewritten." She went on to say that Sami has had such loss in the past year with EJ and Will that the idea of EJ being back was something that she was going grab and run with.

We will see more of Sami. There are whispers of "Easter eggs" that EJ left for her so will see her fairly soon.

She loved seeing and working with everyone once again. She adores the crew and was so happy to see them. She was thrilled to visit.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

October 9th, 2015, 7:00 pm #22

Sad today!!! Can't wait for Ben to get his!

jbrr1212
Elite Members

October 9th, 2015, 8:22 pm #23

Thanks 2buddy!

Havent watched yesterday or today yet but it does sound like some really good stuff coming up.

bilki
Site Admin

October 9th, 2015, 11:17 pm #24

It's refreshing to hear how Ali Sweeney really feels about the show killing off Will. I wonder if we'd gotten such honesty if she was still a contract player.

I was surprised to see a flashback of Victor kissing Caroline. Where was Shawn when that happened???

Many at PreTV were assuming Will would find evidence of Ben being the Necktie Killer and go confront him, rather than go to the police with the information. They were all wrong, lol.

Andre basically called Ben a fool in the scene right before Ben catches Will with the tie. Are the writers mocking their own serial killer? Sounds like it, lol. It's ridiculous that he'd hide the tie in that kind of trash basket.

I haven't watched Friday's show, yet, but I'm not sure I'll wait until Monday morning.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

October 9th, 2015, 11:44 pm #25

Yes, Victor and Caroline had an affair while she was married to Shawn (and along came Bo). They had some close moments together thru the years even before she revealed the big secret to Bo just when he was going to kill Victor.

bilki
Site Admin

October 10th, 2015, 2:04 am #26

Oh, that's interesting! Lots of history between Caroline and Victor that I wasn't aware of. Thanks, 2buddy!

bilki
Site Admin

October 12th, 2015, 3:21 pm #27

Poor Will. The scene with Will wanting to get out the door and ended with Ben throwing him against the refrigerator was pretty creepy. Kudos to both actors because I usually think they both suck.

I'm assuming this was done as a grab for ratings, as it wasn't necessary to have Will killed off. While the show is in better shape, I'm not sure it's actually good enough to keep people watching for long. Maybe they think Alison Sweeney's presence will hold people for a couple months?

Anyways, I'm happy to have Sami back for as long as it lasts. I miss all of Sweeney's screeching, lol.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

October 13th, 2015, 9:22 am #28

I never thought I would miss her screeching but I do too. I'm not sure if its her specifically or just that the show got so dull when she left that it just feels like it was her I was missing. I'm glad shes back either way for a least a little bit.

It does feel like a ratings grab but I'm assuming they think the audience will stay around with all the old faces returning and the anniversary celebration coming up. I agree its wasnt necessary to kill Will but I wont miss Guy Wilson, I'd probably be way more upset if it was still Chandler Massey smirks and all.

Kinda bummed we didnt get a scene of Marlena actually hearing the news. It has been pretty well played so far otherwise though.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

October 13th, 2015, 1:00 pm #29

Spoilers for the Week of October 19th

Monday October 19:
Salem mourns one of its most beloved citizens during a heartbreaking funeral.
Sami makes a decision about EJ’s letter.
Steve questions Caroline about her visions of Bo, hoping she can provide a clue to her son’s whereabouts.

Tuesday October 20:
Ben admits to someone he’s the Necktie Killer!
Rafe tries to ignore his feelings for Hope by turning his attention to another woman in town.

Wednesday October 21:
Aiden takes the first steps to carry out his deadly plot.

Thursday October 22:
Sonny says good-bye to Salem once again.
Abigail visits Chad in the hospital, still conflicted over whether or not he’s innocent.
Adrienne blows up at Justin when she feels he’s trying to control her life.

Friday October 23:
Shawn returns to Salem to find Hope and Aiden celebrating their upcoming wedding.
Steve and Bo are finally reunited – but not under the best circumstances.
Jennifer and Abigail balk at JJ’s new career choice.

bilki
Site Admin

October 14th, 2015, 4:44 am #30

The thing that annoyed me was Hope calling Lucas to come meet her at an active crime scene. But I guess "dramatic license" and all that jazz.

Sami showing up there at the station to find Marlena pulled at my cold, little heart, especially after reading how Sweeney felt about the show killing off Will.