Dax
Site Admin

December 9th, 2015, 8:10 pm #11

I didn't remember/realize Moss was in that... fun.

I remember Brittany Murphy getting a lot of well-deserved attention for it.

Krystal
Site Admin

December 30th, 2015, 9:14 pm #12

We also watched Escape from Alcatraz which held up pretty well. Also black rain an old Michael Douglas flick.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

December 31st, 2015, 1:53 pm #13

I re-watched all the Star Wars movies. :chewy: :BB8: :leia: :yoda: :vadar:
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

March 4th, 2016, 9:05 pm #14

The departed is about 10 years old but I'm putting it into the classic movies. We watched it yesterday hadn't seen it since probably its release on DVD. Have to say it was a pretty good quality movie.

blosslover
Site Admin

March 4th, 2016, 9:11 pm #15

I wish we would figure out how to define things. Like is classic things at least 10 years old, or is classic something that came out in the 20th Century? if something is old, but crappy is it classic?

Dax
Site Admin

March 4th, 2016, 11:01 pm #16

While it's maybe not all THAT important (we're not gonna judge each other too harshly if we discuss something in the 'wrong' topic, I'm sure)... yeah, 'classic' kinda sorta usually denotes 'good' (not that there is ever universal agreement on what that is...) and I'd say 'OLDER' (than ten years), but going by how Gate set up the threads...

In theaters now or coming soon

Modern movies (the last ten years) - if it's out on dvd or cable or Netflix or Amazon Prime or...

Classic movies - Are those, say, older than ten years.

There is a Star Wars thread.

There are/were Hunger Games and Twilight threads.

The modern/classic designations are pretty arbitrary... I think most of us read both anyway, right? And though Krystal never goes to a theater to see a movie (and many of us rarely do, these days), it's still fair game to peek in that thread...

If discussing a huge spoiler, the spoiler bars are good. Within reason. I'd say '___ dies in SW:TFA' should probably be behind a spoiler bar (although Gate DID add a 'spoilers posted' to the topic, so... entering the thread DOES mean you've been warned that spoilers are being openly discussed), but 'Darth Vader is Luke's father', 'Rosebud was the sled', 'Norman Bates is also his Mom' are pretty fair game, you know?
Last edited by Dax on March 4th, 2016, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

March 5th, 2016, 12:32 am #17

Yes I certainly wouldn't spoil anything for anybody and I have to say even when I read spoilers half the time I forget what I read by the time I finally get around to seeing the movie. I considered that Departed a classic although it was still within the 10 year frame because it had won the award for Best Picture. It was well acted and it was a good cast.

Dax
Site Admin

March 5th, 2016, 1:56 am #18

... And it FINALLY got Scorsese his Directing Oscar... After five prior nominations and 18 or 19 films...

Notable also for being the only remake to date to win Best Picture.
Last edited by Dax on March 5th, 2016, 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

tgir
Site Admin

March 5th, 2016, 2:47 am #19

Just bought Two Days in Paris and Two Days in New York, both of which I love. And because I was on a roll, I bought the trilogy Before Sunrise, Before Sunset and Before Midnight, none of which I've seen. I think I have to avoid reading the Julie Delpy controversial stuff or I won't be able to enjoy them. I bought them not certain whether I would keep/watch or gift to Emily who is still not speaking to me. I love love love the Two Days films. Her father reminds me so much of Matt's grandfather, it's unreal.
Last edited by tgir on March 5th, 2016, 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

March 5th, 2016, 3:16 am #20

I enjoyed both Two Days films.

I love BSunrise and BSunset and believe you will, too.

I haven't seen Before Midnight yet, but I did buy it on a Black Friday sale... Took awhile for the price to be right on that one...

I love Julie Delpy.