Casting News

bilki
Site Admin

January 24th, 2011, 6:07 am #1

Brittany Underwood OUT at One Life to Live!

More cast cutting from the soaps today. ABC Daytime has confirmed to Soap Opera Digest that Brittany Underwood (Langston) has been let-go by the series and the decision was storyline-dictated. Langston is now set for an exit this spring.

Underwood first appeared on the canvas as a wayward teenager who Dorian took under her wing and eventually adopted. So where does this leave Ford and an on-screen romantic interest for his portrayer, David Gregory ? Stay tuned!

michaelfairmansoaps.com

jbrr1212
Elite Members

January 24th, 2011, 6:37 am #2

I like Brittany Underwood alot but they have ruined Langston since they hooked her up with Ford.

bilki
Site Admin

February 18th, 2011, 4:54 am #3

Casting news from The Suds Report...
[+] Spoiler
Is One Life preparing for Trevor St. John’s exit this spring? According to Soaps In Depth, the Soap Opera Spirit Award winner is said to be exiting when his contract expires in April! OK, collect yourselves, St. John fans. While I don’t blame the phenomenal actor for bolting, I need to run to my therapist now because St. John makes One Life bearable for me solely because of his inspired acting choices. Does that mean Roger Howarth is coming back? I have no intel, but it sure looks that way.
The Suds Report

Cheryl
Elite Members

February 18th, 2011, 2:59 pm #4

I don't have strong feelings either way about Langston since I just started watching again but Lordy, that dude that plays Ford is cute!

Bilki--I do NOT like that other spoiler that you posted. Hope it's not true. :(

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

bilki
Site Admin

February 19th, 2011, 5:03 am #5

I leaning towards it being true, Cheryl. Mostly because of the pic of Todd's old face popping up recently.

bilki
Site Admin

March 1st, 2011, 4:40 pm #6

SOD is saying that TSJ will be leaving to pilot season when his contract expires in April. But if nothing comes of that he'll likely return to OLTL. Also, Roger Howarth was approached but a West Coast show but he declined to do pilot season, as well. The article suggests that OLTL might want both guys on the show.

Cheryl
Elite Members

March 4th, 2011, 3:53 am #7

Hmmm......my buddy told me she read that Trevor was leaving and Roger was definitely coming back. I'm not sure where she heard it though. We were both a little upset because we love Trevor St. John. Not that I don't love Roger Howarth as well. I guess if he leaves of his own volition, that's cool, I just hope we don't find out later on down the road that he was pushed out in order to bring back RH. That would really suck.
Last edited by Cheryl on March 4th, 2011, 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

jbrr1212
Elite Members

March 30th, 2011, 7:52 pm #8

Figured I'd just add this here since its the casting news thread (rather than making a new one)......Susan Haskell has been let go.

Susan Haskell OUT at ONE LIFE TO LIVE

Susan Haskell has been let go from her role as Marty Saybrooke on ONE LIFE TO LIVE.

Haskell won Emmys in 1994 and 2009 for her portrayal of the character that was first introduced in 1992. Marty's gang rape story in 1993 is one of the most memorable in the show's history. Amnesiac Marty's relationship with her rapist, Todd, in 2008 helped propel Haskell to her second Emmy win. In the past year, the writing for the character has been very uneven as if the writing team was unsure what to do with the character.

Stay tuned to We Love Soaps for further details in the coming days.

bilki
Site Admin

March 31st, 2011, 2:41 am #9

NOOOOOOOO! I love Susan Haskell! Can't say that I'm completely surprised, as I couldn't see where she would fit in any of the storylines they are currently telling. But I hoped they'd keep her back-burnered until Roger Howarth shows up and they'd weave her into that somehow.

:crying:

blosslover
Site Admin

March 31st, 2011, 3:28 am #10

Maybe this shows that Howarth isn't actually coming back anytime soon. I think they wrote Marty into a corner and didn't open a window.