Buzz Board Book Club

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

October 15th, 2012, 12:22 pm #1

We are trying to organize a book club. Please feel free to submit your suggestions below for the books you would be interested in!
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

October 16th, 2012, 10:33 pm #2

Thanks Gate....

First question...

Any particular genre? Or TV related? Or whatever?

I have much love for science fiction, fantasy, mystery, serious drama (think Kingsolver), not so much for chick lit. No shades of grey for me.....
iii
iii
iii

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

October 16th, 2012, 11:26 pm #3

Yes to Sci-Fi, fantasy, mystery, serious drama, horror, & techno-thrillers. No to romance, non-fiction, westerns, & classics.

Jenni
Site Admin

October 16th, 2012, 11:53 pm #4

I will read pretty much anything. I don't usually read non-fiction but will try anything. I can't wait! Never been in a book club which is weird since that has always been my first love, lol.

Krystal
Site Admin

October 16th, 2012, 11:58 pm #5

I am about right where you are Gate.

blosslover
Site Admin

October 17th, 2012, 12:02 am #6

I don't really care for books with a lot of gore, so I tend not to read horror. I do read urban fantasy (which at times can have horror elements), mysteries, science fiction. Over the spring I read Blackout and All clear, which I bet KMI has already read. I will read romance and chick lit, but not very often. Then again there is a good amount of romance available in some urban fantasy like the Sookie books. I read a classic every once in awhile, but wouldn't do that with you all. I read a lot of best sellers when they are out in paperback or a year or two later cheaper in hardcover.

I do read chick lit, but only a few a year, same with nonfiction (last one I read was The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon, which was a mixture of history and a memoir about going to the Amazon in present day). The last book I read with some sort of a western character was about a ghost sheriff from the wild west and a private investigator living in on Long Island and what happens. That was a weird cozy mystery.

So Gate you wouldn't read a non-fiction memoir by a favorite musician or actor?

Krystal
Site Admin

October 17th, 2012, 2:39 am #7

I can't answer for Gate but I know I wouldn't. They are never really written by the person, plus there is no actor or musician that impresses me enough to read about their lives.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

October 17th, 2012, 9:25 am #8

Bloss not yet! They have been in my Amazon cart for a long time! Did you like them?

iii
iii
iii

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

October 17th, 2012, 12:41 pm #9

blosslover wrote:So Gate you wouldn't read a non-fiction memoir by a favorite musician or actor?
No not usually. I will watch them 'promote' their book on TV but I feel I get enough of it there. I have Steve Jobs book and since he wasn't around to promote it I will eventually read that.

blosslover
Site Admin

October 23rd, 2012, 5:00 pm #10

Gate will you pick the first book?

I liked them, but enjoyed the first more than the second. There is less of a time travel element (spend a lot of time in the past) than I expected if that makes any sense.