Dax
Site Admin

July 14th, 2009, 12:23 am #91

Cheryl... get to Angel 3.7 and give us your thoughts... You ARE going to get 'hooked' in a way that I don't think you'll be favoring your Buffy discs over the Angel ones, once you get a little further...

And look forward to 3.13, a Joss-written-and-directed that is a big favorite of many (and is the screen debut of Summer Glau, soon-to-be-of-Firefly).
Last edited by Dax on July 14th, 2009, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

July 14th, 2009, 12:36 am #92

Dax I've been trying to tell Cheryl she will get hooked on Angel like she is on Buffy but she just won't listen. I will be happy to be able to say 'I told you so' again though Cheryl so just be prepared. ;)
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Cheryl
Elite Members

July 14th, 2009, 3:34 am #93

Dax wrote:Cheryl... get to Angel 3.7 and give us your thoughts... You ARE going to get 'hooked' in a way that I don't think you'll be favoring your Buffy discs over the Angel ones, once you get a little further...

And look forward to 3.13, a Joss-written-and-directed that is a big favorite of many (and is the screen debut of Summer Glau, soon-to-be-of-Firefly).
I love it when you give me the numbers of the good eppies.....gives me something to look forward to! We watched 3.5 tonight so we're almost there.
wrote: Dax I've been trying to tell Cheryl she will get hooked on Angel like she is on Buffy but she just won't listen. I will be happy to be able to say 'I told you so' again though Cheryl so just be prepared.
Whatchoo talkin' about, Willis?!? Don't you remember that I WAS hooked on Angel and didn't care about Buffy a few seasons ago? It's just that right now, I favor the continuity of Buffy but don't get me wrong, we are still loving Angel.

Angel himself seems a little lighter and funnier in this season......I love that. David B. is such a cutie when he gets to play goofy which is so rare for his famously broody character. There was a scene tonight in "Fredless" that made us laugh so hard. It's right at the beginning and Angel has been out of town because he found out that Buffy was alive so Fred is mooning about missing him and asking questions about Buffy. So Cordy and Wesley pretend to be Buffy and Angel and Wes goes, "I love you so much I almost forgot to brood!" The whole exchange was hilarious and of course, Angel walks in on the end of it. :P

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Dax
Site Admin

July 14th, 2009, 8:14 am #94

>> Angel himself seems a little lighter and funnier in this season......I love that. David B. is such a cutie when he gets to play goofy which is so rare for his famously broody character.

Agree, but... not to turn you off, but some darker stuff is coming. 'Tis true... but hey, some happy and light stuff, too... there's balance there...

>> because he found out that Buffy was alive

Oh, wasn't that cool, too, the end-of-2, with the gang just getting back from their adventure, and there's Willow, with sad news...? I really liked that...

Oh, and (earlier in the season) that Willow/Cordy phone call where Cordy hilariously learned of Willow's newfound persuasion? I LOVED that scene, laughed so hard at Cordy's 'oops' reaction...

You've probably figured this out (with no ACTUAL Buffy-back-from-the-dead reunion scene, leaving Wes and Cordy to act it out for us), but Buffy moved from WB to UPN in Season 6, so there are no B6/A3 crossovers... B7/A4 kinda sorta gets away with one (Faith's return) without network interference, because it was Buffy's last year, so WB didn't mind, any more...

KMInfinity
Site Admin

July 14th, 2009, 1:37 pm #95

Cheryl wrote: So Cordy and Wesley pretend to be Buffy and Angel and Wes goes, "I love you so much I almost forgot to brood!" The whole exchange was hilarious and of course, Angel walks in on the end of it. :P
One of the best things about Joss and Co. is that they really are able to *step outside the box* and see how to poke fun at their own stuff.

Like Dax said, the Summer Glau ep is excellent, and one of my top ten Angels....and (imo) the mark between light and dark Angel...

well, between gray and dark, I should say.... :P

3-11 is also a fav..

And the finale arc of 3-20, 21, 22... Some see it as a major misstep.....
Last edited by KMInfinity on July 14th, 2009, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iii
iii
iii

Cheryl
Elite Members

July 14th, 2009, 5:35 pm #96

KMInfinity wrote:One of the best things about Joss and Co. is that they really are able to *step outside the box* and see how to poke fun at their own stuff.
I know.....the humor in his shows is the BEST. I'm sure you've seen this on youtube but every time I watch it, I laugh so hard. I don't even remember this episode but damn, it's funny. They're calling it's Spike's Best Moment Ever.....one of many for me but a fave. When Spike says, "I was once a badass vampire.....but love and a pesky curse defanged me. And now I'm just a BIGGG fluffy, puppy with bad teeth." :lmfao: Oh my! I also crack up when he says "Nancy-boy hair gel". LOLOL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G9ugMJL5A8

KMInfinity
Site Admin

July 14th, 2009, 7:12 pm #97

Great scene! Snarky, pre-redemptive, pre-souled Spike is the one many fans prefer.

Funny Angel fanvid..."Whatever"

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... ID=7055795

iii
iii
iii

Cheryl
Elite Members

July 15th, 2009, 3:18 am #98

KMInfinity wrote:Great scene! Snarky, pre-redemptive, pre-souled Spike is the one many fans prefer.
So which one do you guys prefer? I have to admit that I miss pre-soul Spike. He's not as much fun these days.

Loved the Angel fanvid. That guy talking sounds just like my hairdresser, Jared!

Okay. So I have a serious question and I want a serious answer. Are Angel and Cordy going to hook up? He appears to be having feelings towards her in the last few eppies.

We watched "Billy" and "Offspring" tonight. Holy crap, "Billy" was scary as shit. It's the one where the guys became controlled by that evil Billy kid from the Hell Dimension who hated and abused women. I never in my wildest dreams thought I could EVER be afraid of Wesley but when he started threatening Fred and saying all those inappropriate things to her, he was downright evil. I'm sure I must have said "OMG" about 10 times. Especially when he slapped her! :eek:

Dax
Site Admin

July 15th, 2009, 4:47 am #99

>> Are Angel and Cordy going to hook up? He appears to be having feelings towards her in the last few eppies.

We're not telling you.

How would you feel about it, if they did?

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

July 15th, 2009, 10:39 am #100

Dax wrote:>> Are Angel and Cordy going to hook up? He appears to be having feelings towards her in the last few eppies.

We're not telling you.

How would you feel about it, if they did?
Good! Don't tell her!

Cheryl, stop asking for spoilers! This is a series that should remain spoiler free. Of course you should post your speculation but we aren't going to bite! :P
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.