blosslover
Site Admin

December 19th, 2014, 7:51 pm #91

The information posted originally was wrong. Broadchurch series 2 is only airing starting on March 4. I bet you all can guess that I'm peeved as I was annoyed by the February date, but then pushing it another month back is even more ridiculous. Having the wrong info out for a week makes them look idiotic. I guess they want people to watch in other ways, because the UK DVD is being released at the end of March, and the US audience won't even have seen the full show by then. Canadian viewers are getting Broadchurch within a week of the UK, so really it is going to take 2 months to edit. The only reason I can come up with beyond editing is they are going to be showing the last run of Ripper Street before then or something.

Dax
Site Admin

December 19th, 2014, 8:55 pm #92

No idea on the reason for the month-later start. Maybe it's legal reasons... might think 'UK exclusivity' clause for x amount of time, but that doesn't make sense if Canada is just a WEEK off...

I'll do my best to avoid UK spoilers... shouldn't be that bad, but yeah, if the DVD is at the right price and we could jump four or five episodes ahead in one swoop, I MIGHT...

(I'm somewhat tempted by Amazon's current buy-two-get-$10-off British tv sale... I could get Broadchurch 1 and Mr. Selfridge 2 (I have 1 already) for $15 each... but I HAVE already gotten myself enough 'presents', probably...)

Dax
Site Admin

December 20th, 2014, 3:00 am #93

Where did Broadchurch leave off?....

Oh, that's right. Alec Hardy fell asleep while watching a Breaking Bad marathon and had a really familiar-but-American-accented fever dream....

blosslover
Site Admin

December 20th, 2014, 3:30 am #94

Ha Ha Dax...basically spoilers will be nearly impossible for me to avoid unless I stay off tumblr and twitter for 2 months. (If I can access the Canadian broadcasts online, I'll use those probably as in a pinch I've done that when CBS preempted Y&R as the CBS player can be awful.)

bilki
Site Admin

December 20th, 2014, 3:33 am #95

Jodie Whittaker was in EP3 of Black Mirror, which made me want to rewatch some episodes of Broadchurch. But since I have until March, now....

Did you find a way to watch Black Mirror's Christmas Special, BL?

Dax
Site Admin

December 20th, 2014, 3:38 am #96

The CBS player is awful, awful, awful... I just use it for Person of Interest...

blosslover
Site Admin

December 20th, 2014, 4:34 am #97

Actually in theory, I would have to avoid everything related to any Broadchurch performer, director, writer etc. from Jan-end of the BBCAmerica run due to spoilers and also anyone I speak to that likes any person that is on that show who isn't waiting for the BBCAmerica run. So it wouldn't be just two months, but more and due to how social media works, even if I was watching BBCA version, tweeting or tumblring about it could make me spoiled if people are jerks and respond with spoilers. (I've seen that happen, someone will think they are helping and respond to tweets from people they don't know and share story lines...) If you only discuss Broadchurch here, it would be easy enough to stay spoiler free...as even if I plan to watch ahead I'll spoiler bar everything...

Send me a message...I can share how to access the Black Mirror Christmas Special...Cool about Jodie Whittaker being in that earlier episode.
Last edited by blosslover on December 20th, 2014, 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

bilki
Site Admin

January 6th, 2015, 4:11 am #98

Really enjoyed the first episode of S2. The music was wonderful. There were a few moments that felt a bit like drama for the sake of drama but I was so happy to see them interact again that I didn't even care.

Pleasantly surprised at the direction the story went. I love how this show gets me so invested in the lives of fictional characters, lol.

Dax
Site Admin

January 7th, 2015, 5:08 am #99

Yay... Bl converted me to the Fuck Waiting Two Months side...

Love Marianne Jean-Baptiste... She's like the British CCH Pounder, who must surely be her Gracepoint counterpart...

I didn't feel like bashing the American show was particularly fair, but that first scene in the bathroom definitely put an exclamation point on how much stronger the Carver/Miller interplay was/is drawn...

So terrible that Tom won't see Ellie...

Mark's thing is weird.

Set-up of the stories worked for me... Both look good.
Last edited by Dax on January 7th, 2015, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

bilki
Site Admin

January 7th, 2015, 4:56 pm #100

Reading the comments at The Guardian was like reading the comments at Sepinwall's blog for one of the lesser episodes of The Walking Dead....so much hate! I like Broadchurch so much more than TWD, so it kinda made me feel bad. There were two things they were so mad about, which makes me wonder if the US audience will be so bothered by them when it debuts here.

There's plenty of hate for Doctor Who episodes at The Guardian, too, so I should have known what I was getting myself into, lol.