Dax
Site Admin

August 30th, 2013, 12:41 am #21

Creepy lady's threat was 'I know men who would rape you.'

Good musical score, I agree. Funny dramatic cue when Walder Frey showed up at the Latimer house...

Yeah, perfect timing, that Beth 'I know' to Mark...

KMInfinity
Site Admin

August 30th, 2013, 3:09 am #22

Loving this a lot. The scenes with Hardy and Miller at dinner were excellent. There are so many nice little moments too.

I was thinking the revolving door of suspects actually had an it's-so-old-it's-new feel. I think what Dax said above, about execution, is so relevant. I want to know MORE about these people, I want to visit with them, I want to understand them and their hopes and fears and worries. Most stories and mysteries such ass this, I am observing in a pretty detached way.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

blosslover
Site Admin

September 6th, 2013, 4:11 am #23

How many of us are still watching this? The last episode they showed in the US was so tragic...

I didn't realize that the pastor was Rory...then again I only saw that part of that series of Dr. Who earlier this week.
Last edited by blosslover on September 6th, 2013, 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

September 6th, 2013, 4:22 am #24

I expect we four all still are...

I watched last night's a little bit ago. Sad. Bradley's performance was terrific.

I liked the Mark/Beth fight about the infidelity a lot, and her going off on Becca was really good.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

September 6th, 2013, 10:30 pm #25

Still watching and really enjoying. There are always so many poignant moments and lines. The best, imo, was the stuff with Mark and Beth, and scene with Mark and Jack and him explaining how much he misses his son.

I have a bad feeling about Olly.....
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

bilki
Site Admin

September 15th, 2013, 3:51 pm #26

Poor Jack. They really did let him down. Appreciated Reverend Paul saying so at the funeral.

Great scene when Beth meeting the mother of the Sandbrook case. Quite tragic. Also loved the scene with Reverend Paul when DI Hardy was taking his DNA sample. So much good stuff with this show!

It was nice to see the family laughing and having fun there at the arcade.

Happy to see Susan's dog in the previews for next week. Hated the thought of Nigel shooting him with his crossbow. Such a cool dog!

I've known the identity of Danny's killer for a couple weeks now. Interesting to see how they're dealing with that character. This show is so good I don't even mind that I was spoiled.

Dax
Site Admin

September 15th, 2013, 4:22 pm #27

Were you spoiled on purpose or accidentally?...

Susan was super-creepy with Tom and does not appear to be a very kind-hearted person, but of course, when she's being taken for questioning, I felt for her not knowing where her dog was...

KMInfinity
Site Admin

September 16th, 2013, 1:51 am #28

Still loving this. No hints Bilki!

I hope it plays out the way I expect. There are a lot of characters who have had such emotionally satisfying moments I would hate for those to have been misdirection. Every episode has at least one stellar scene.

bilki
Site Admin

September 16th, 2013, 3:32 am #29

Dax wrote:Were you spoiled on purpose or accidentally?...
Accidentally on purpose, lol. I had read the recap for the final episode when the series first started on BBCA, and it didn't reveal the killer's identity. I went back and read it again a couple weeks later and it had been changed to reveal the killer. I went back with the small hope that it had been changed, but wouldn't have pursued it further if it hadn't.

Does anyone have any strong feelings about identity of Danny's killer?
Last edited by bilki on September 16th, 2013, 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

September 16th, 2013, 3:52 am #30

I don't.

(But KMI's 'have a bad feeling about Olly' is something I might second... not because he looks particularly suspicious, but because he DOESN'T, and you know, 'expect the unexpected'...)