Dax
Site Admin

April 25th, 2015, 5:57 pm #111

Strong performances in the finale.

Sandbrook resolution sad. But good for Alec that it's done.

No obvious set-up for a Season 3... it definitely felt like it was GOING to be 'Joe's dead - Whodunnit?', but as that's a little TOO obvious, the banishment scenes played better. Glad Beth and Ellie are reconciled.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

April 25th, 2015, 9:18 pm #112

I agree - strong performances. And I liked the twisty end of the Sandbrook stuff, but was disappointed with the resolution with Joe. I think it was too quick to tack on a scene where everyone is able to be their 'vengence-free' selves, able to rise above their anger and sadness. I wanted the minister to kill him or something different to happen - even a more violent 'run him out on the rails' forcibly, rather than the tame taxi scene.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

Dax
Site Admin

April 25th, 2015, 9:42 pm #113

Joe DESERVED to die, sure, but... I don't know. I expected we'd see him dead on the beach, and everyone's a suspect - and everybody's justified - and I was kinda 'oh, okay, cool... they didn't do that'. Of course, he may one day slink back into town and THEN be promptly murdered...

Since Tom was more 'in denial' or still wanting to support his Dad 'even though', I thought it a shame that he was just a bystander to the 'get in the cab' and there was no moment between them there...

Sandbrook was a little harder to invest in since everybody seemed dodgy and distrustful (and, turns out, with good reason)... just an awful tragedy that three of the four adults were culpable (and then we didn't see the only innocent one in the finale...).

Season 1 was better, but Season 2 wasn't bad.

blosslover
Site Admin

April 26th, 2015, 3:29 am #114

Here is an article that EW did with the showrunner, which answers some of what has been discussed. (Since the third series hasn't been written this only has spoilers through everything we've seen.)

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/21/br ... -interview

I liked the second series, but the first was one of my top ten in the last five years...

Dax
Site Admin

April 12th, 2016, 2:00 pm #115

Dax
Site Admin

May 23rd, 2016, 7:07 pm #116