Dax
Site Admin

January 7th, 2015, 7:03 pm #101

What do they hate?

Spoiler tags to protect KMI, or... she could stay away from here... Either way is fine with me, but let's discuss if we have 3/4 of our Broadchurch people watching...

KMInfinity
Site Admin

January 8th, 2015, 1:35 am #102

I'll stay out. :P
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

Dax
Site Admin

January 8th, 2015, 2:05 am #103

We can label the first post about a new show (#1 - ) so it'll be easy to 'catch up' when you join us...

blosslover
Site Admin

January 8th, 2015, 3:42 am #104

The part that didn't make sense from a legal standpoint was how the Latimers were looking for someone to prosecute Miller for the crown. This isn't how it is done in the UK...Also the fact that the two lawyers knew each other is somewhat problematic. Also I wonder the whole 3 hours to the court how could that be...but minor things...

I love that my side is the Fuck Waiting side...LOL too true.

Martha's Mom on Doctor Who was Ellie's therapist. LOL =)

For me Colman and Tennant just have it on the chemistry side, I'm not talking about romantic chemistry, but just their interplay is great. That was one of the main problems with Gracepoint, is that it is something that is there or not.

I do wonder if Joe's comment was about something more than just him being into children in that small town. That's a horrifying thought, but not impossible.

I'm going to watch again (of course). Digital Spy, which is my go to for comments on UK shows, had over 20 pages about the second series. Everyone who posts there seems to like the show though. =)

Dax
Site Admin

January 8th, 2015, 3:54 am #105

>> was how the Latimers were looking for someone to prosecute Miller for the crown. This isn't how it is done in the UK.

Or anywhere, I wouldn't think... but I didn't see it as their responsibility or anything, just that they had an invested interest in securing somebody good...

>> also the fact that the two lawyers knew each other is somewhat problematic.

Eh. An overly familiar scenario, sure, as are the reluctant returns from retirement after _____ (always purposely vague dialogue of 'you KNOW what happened'), but it doesn't shout 'problem' to me at this point... we already know the (alleged?) murderer, his family, the victim's family... attorneys Rampling vs. Jean-Baptiste is going to be a student/mentor longtime personal rivalry thingie... I'm fine with that.

bilki
Site Admin

January 8th, 2015, 5:35 am #106

Dax wrote:What do they hate?
It seems like a lot of people hate-watch over there, lol. Mostly they were pissed about the Latimers going to the Charlotte Rampling character, which they said would never happen, and the whole scene at Danny's grave. Some were bitching about the music being so loud they couldn't hear what was being said, but I don't remember scene in which I felt that. Usually, I'm the first to feel lost on what's being said in a UK show.

I'm very thankful to BL for sharing that link, both because there's next to nothing to watch right now, and because I hate my cable provider. :)

Dax
Site Admin

March 29th, 2015, 6:34 am #107

End of #4 fun, with Susan saying she witnessed Nigel....

KMInfinity
Site Admin

April 11th, 2015, 11:38 pm #108

(I think some of my posts are in the watching and viewing thread, so I forget some comments-forgot this thread was here waiting.)

Up to #6 now, still liking this a whole lot. Very impressed with D'Arcy's Lee. I have no idea where that's going. I continue to adore Eve Myles and so this whole thing is really working for me in a creepy way.

The court case is playing well too. Imo the writers are really doing a good job looking at the story from a new angle and showing the difficulties in PROVING guilt...to the point I am actually wondering if Joe is, in fact NOT guilty, despite his confession.

And David Tennant rocks so hard. Am I imagining it or are the scenes after his pacemaker was implanted showing him in a different light, a different color, as if he's reinvigorated...no longer hagged, weak, edgy, but ready to move forward.

Colman is also great.

There are a couple glitches with the plot but I'm still able to overlook those. (Really, Claire keeps that necklace? Ellie's sister kept evidence she was sort-of paid to lie on the stand?)

Saving this here for when I finish the series.

Bilki: This article from Variety sums up what I mean... http://variety.com/2015/tv/reviews/tv-r ... 201442231/
Last edited by KMInfinity on April 12th, 2015, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

bilki
Site Admin

April 12th, 2015, 12:39 am #109

I really liked Joe pleading "Not Guilty" and the exploration of that. It felt like a good way to show how the whole town was impacted, which is part of what I loved about S1. Unfortunately, the Sandbrook case felt like a distraction from that, and some of the courtroom scenes weren't really working for me, either.

I did love it when Ellie told her son to get his ass back home, which made me want to see more. But since my cable company hates me, I can't watch anything on BBCA.

Dax
Site Admin

April 12th, 2015, 10:23 pm #110

Boy, Claire's reaction to Alec kicking her out was, um, 'big'.

Ellie telling off Tom was great.

Lots of strong courtroom moments.

I like it.