bilki
Site Admin

January 7th, 2016, 5:41 am #471

I'm sitting here just smiling at the screen because I want to say something but I can't without being spoiler-ish. The first season of the show isn't going to be able to get through all of Leviathan Wakes from what I can tell. I'm very intrigued by what's going on and I'm only halfway through, which is rare for me.

I'm a bit shocked by one of the revelations, yes, but I haven't read many books of this nature.
Last edited by bilki on January 7th, 2016, 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

January 9th, 2016, 2:18 pm #472

Book is here. I'm 2/3 thru a heinlein reread and then I'll start it. Hellz bellz it's bigger than I anticipated.
iii
iii
iii

bilki
Site Admin

January 9th, 2016, 4:58 pm #473

I was a little intimidated by its size but I'm moving right through it, and I think I read slower than most. There's a lot going on after the Donnager gets taken out, which has helped.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

January 12th, 2016, 9:51 pm #474

I'm on page 110. Discuss here (with spoilerrs?) or in a new thread? NOT the show thread. Or maybe you and I PM, Bilki? LOLOL
iii
iii
iii

tgir
Site Admin

January 12th, 2016, 10:41 pm #475

Just ordered mine from Amazon (sorry local independent bookseller).

What they REALLY need to make a high quality series about is Julian May's The Many Colored Land series.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

January 12th, 2016, 11:15 pm #476

That was a good series. Ambitious, but I remember thinking the final book sort of lost its way. I should reread that. I never read May's other interconnected series. Did you, tgir?
iii
iii
iii

tgir
Site Admin

January 13th, 2016, 2:33 am #477

I read all of the Plieocene series --prequels and the whole of it. I started the Rampart series and Trillium but they didn't grab me the same way. I found Many Coloured Land first, and with each set, I fell in love more. I would really love to have it be an entire series of films or a television series. Strong characters and intriguing ideas.

bilki
Site Admin

March 1st, 2016, 3:54 am #478

I happened upon the audiobook of The Stranger by Albert Camus on YouTube, so I've been listening to it while driving. Interesting POV character.

Krystal
Site Admin

March 27th, 2016, 8:08 pm #479

I am reading Terror the book that will be the basis of the netflix
Series ( i think?). In any case it is really long about a thousand pages. I am about halfway through and I like it alot. It takes place in the 17 hundreds. I usually don't like books about that time. What bought it because I knew it was sort of a horror book. But it's fairly historically accurate about these guys trying to find the Northwest Passage. There was enough suffering and awful things happening to these people without having some kind of Supernatural thing going on. So I like it because I think it shows what these people went through to try to find this passage, how they froze and starved and we're not well equipped for the journey. So that was bad enough without introducing the monster. I really don't know at this point in time exactly what the supernatural thing is and I don't think we won't know until the end. However there are interesting characters and a lot of good material for a series if it is done correctly it should be really good.

tgir
Site Admin

August 5th, 2016, 11:36 pm #480

There are so many dog lovers here that I feel the need to share: Dog Medicine by Julie Barton. A memoir/love story about how a puppy helped a young woman climb out of her depression. Fair warning: you will cry.