Jenni
Site Admin

April 17th, 2013, 7:33 pm #331

They are great books. There's another dystopian series that Maria had recommended, can't think of the name right now. That's on my list next!

While I usually enjoy a diversity of books, I'll be honest, historical romance/ love story have always been my favorites. Lately I find myself wanting to read anything but that though, lol. So I am going to start this thread from the beginning looking at all of the books that I haven't read yet.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

April 17th, 2013, 7:47 pm #332

JC, I don't mean to laugh at your post but I did because I can relate. I understand you not wanting to read romance right now... I honestly think romance stories are bad and scarier than anything Stephen King can cook up because they aren't reality. I don't think I've read a true romance, unless you count Twilight and I don't, in decades.

I always find that in times of stress it is always best to read books that make me think 'things could be worst' so I've been reading apocalyptic books for some time. Let me know if you need the list. ;) It really does keep your mind off of things and takes you away to a different type of world.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

April 17th, 2013, 7:52 pm #333

Well color me stupid. I had to google dystopian because I never heard that word before. Very interesting. There are a ton of books at Amazon with that in the title. I need to know which ones I should read first!

Jenni
Site Admin

April 17th, 2013, 7:58 pm #334

The Divergent series is great, I can't say enough about it. The other series that I haven't read yet, the first book is called Legend by Marie Lu. Prodigy is the 2nd book in that series.

Gate I was laughing at myself about that. Those have always been my favorite genre of books but I will tell you when my kids aren't around I have been playing the regular version of "Payphone" over and over: "All those fairy tales are full of shit
One more fucking love song, I’ll be sick" if they're around I'll just play the clean version, lol.

Jenni
Site Admin

April 17th, 2013, 10:17 pm #335

I just found a website on Pintrest (I've really become addicted since I gave up facebook, lol.) where you type in the name of a book that you like and it will populate a list of similar books. I'm excited to try it!

http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/

Dax
Site Admin

April 17th, 2013, 11:41 pm #336

One of my best friends just read Divergent (and the sequel) on a cruise, was raving about them to me...

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

April 17th, 2013, 11:45 pm #337

jcluckey wrote:I just found a website on Pintrest (I've really become addicted since I gave up facebook, lol.) where you type in the name of a book that you like and it will populate a list of similar books. I'm excited to try it!

http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/
That sounds cool! I need to try that. I usually look at Amazon's recommendation since I get most of my stuff from them but I'm ready for a change after I read Divergent. ;)

Krystal
Site Admin

April 18th, 2013, 1:50 am #338

I also got Joe Hill's short story book and they are fab and I don't usually read shorties. I will try your series Gate.

Krystal
Site Admin

April 18th, 2013, 1:54 am #339

Jc, very cool, I will try it.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

April 28th, 2013, 7:44 pm #340

Reading Divergent. As all of you had said ... this book is excellent. I can't put it down and will be reading the next one the minute I finish this one. ;)