Marg
Site Admin

October 15th, 2012, 3:04 pm #261

I would be interested in the book club, depending on the type of books you choose. I'm rather fussy about what I read.

Krystal
Site Admin

October 15th, 2012, 3:45 pm #262

I am fussy too, don't like much but action, mystery and horror. Maybe a historical biography. Liked a book called War about Afghanistan, and one called Unbroken (WW 2). Also a non fiction one called methland, a real eye opener that I would make required reading for every young adult in the nation.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

October 15th, 2012, 5:32 pm #263

Sorry Krystal but I'm not into historical biography. I'm strictly a fiction reader. ;)
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

October 15th, 2012, 6:58 pm #264

Yeah, I read abut 1 non fiction a year, maybe.

Krystal
Site Admin

October 15th, 2012, 7:00 pm #265

Gate, we could have everyone read Reborn then we'd be heads up on that one! :)

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

October 15th, 2012, 7:15 pm #266

Krystal wrote:Gate, we could have everyone read Reborn then we'd be heads up on that one! :)
Of course I'd like that idea because I thought the book(s) were amazing but I 'think' the trilogy would have to be read as one long book because you can't just read one of them. ;)

tgir
Site Admin

October 15th, 2012, 9:56 pm #267

Gone Girl is excellent and could be a very thought provoking choice. Plus: I've read a lot of it and could use a motivator to finish.

Falls (somewhat loosely) into the mystery/thriller category. Young cool/hip married couple with a seemingly perfect marriage/life have their world turned upside down when the wife goes missing..... told from the perspective of both husband and wife.

blosslover
Site Admin

October 15th, 2012, 10:12 pm #268

When you all pick something let me know. I will put it on my Amazon order, which I should get end of October. If I tried to give a list of last ten books I've read it would be various genres.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

January 11th, 2013, 5:03 pm #269

Just read 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn for my neighborhood book club and I wanted to say it was fabulous! An excellent read! It's a mystery/thriller and I really don't want to give too much away but it has some serious twist/turns and is wonderfully written.

Our next neighborhood book club will featuring 'Killing Kennedy' by Bill O'Reilly. I of course have a hard time wanting to buy the book because I detest O'Reilly and won't give him a cent so I'm not sure I will participate. I also had to laugh because I'm the only non-Republican in the hood and they were trying to tell me O'Reilly is a Democrat. Really? I don't think so. I know he is registered at Independent or something and tries to 'pretend' he is fair and balanced but I'm not buying that.

Back to Gone Girl ... I'm going to read Gillian Flynn's other 2 books. Anyone ever read any of her books? Thoughts?

Dax
Site Admin

January 11th, 2013, 11:04 pm #270

I wouldn't read O'Reilly's book for $25 an hour.

I'm anxious to read Gone Girl. Haven't read any of Flynn's books (but remember her as a writer for Entertainment Weekly), but have read nothing but high praise for Gone Girl (and the others have good premises, too). I'm sure I'll like it... (mad I missed a $4-for-the-hardcover opportunity over the holidays on Amazon...).
Last edited by Dax on January 11th, 2013, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.