Big Brother

jbrr1212
Elite Members

June 20th, 2017, 6:57 pm #1

Its almost time.....yay!

Meet the cast
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/ ... 19-1014512

Skewing a bit older this season with 6 age 30 or over and only 5 under 25. All newbies!

Entrance interviews with Jeff are up on CBS.com you do NOT need all-access to watch. I havent watched yet but may try to get to it before the premier.

A few of these hamsters have interesting backstories so I'm interested to see how they are in the house.

A little feature video about Christmas (yes thats really her name) from when she was on a NASCAR pit crew-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eeq2TYJMIC0

CNN segment about Raven and her health struggles as a child.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5MGeofAAdA

telling her story trying to get on Ellen--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2lkR55bGbQ

Dax
Site Admin

June 22nd, 2017, 1:11 am #2

KMInfinity
Site Admin

June 22nd, 2017, 1:38 pm #3

hmmm. It will depend on: who gets voted to enter the room; what the consequences are; and how likely BB can manipulate the process to favor certain players. That always seems to be the primary actual purpose of the twists. :P
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

bilki
Site Admin

June 22nd, 2017, 10:22 pm #4

UGH @ the one who said Frankie Grande was her favorite Hamster.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

June 29th, 2017, 2:56 pm #5

Okay, not sure how I feel about Paul being in the House, except to say that it was a given that someone would hit that 25K button. Folks are speculating that at least 3 others did but Kevin beat them. The only thing I can say is that Cameron was not "cute nerd" like Ian or Cochran but weird, creepy nerd. I think it was a good thing for his mental health that he got evicted.

Production actually did a great job with some BB twisty plots this episode. If they don't unfairly manipulate the way those twists play it, it could be fun.

My TVCH post:

Subject to change and especially feed info:

Early faves

Megan - Wanna see her skills play out, unless it's all talk and hot air.

Christmas - Ditto.

Alex - Impressed me with they way she pushed on the challenge, her chutzpah, and what looks like a decent social awareness.

I don't usually like three females. B-)

On the fence

Paul - Fun to watch his plotting, but too much playing for the camera.

Cody - because, this dude is sooooo not BB. He's prepping for Survivor.

Matthew - Nice eye candy without being a meathead, I hope.

Dominique - I always like smart, intellectual scientist types who hide their brains...unless but see Megan's caveat.

Jessica - It'll depend on how skin deep she is.

Ramses and Raven - They may be cool quirky types or painfully annoying. Time will tell.

Jillian - B..b..boring....

Gonna have to work hard to redeem themselves

In order of possibilities:

Kevin - Most older people just don't fit in. I know I wouldn't.

Jason - Meathead, with overtones of creepy misogyny.

Elena - Instant dislike, seems really really phony and selfish.

Mark - See Jason. And Bro alliances make me puke.

Josh - See Jason. I already dislike him more than most on my "most disliked ever" list. Paul's comment about being on 11 cracked me up...but that's only part of it. I sense some real macho sicko stuff, like, worse than Caleb. See(Who seemed to redeem himself on Survivor...)

“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

bilki
Site Admin

June 30th, 2017, 2:41 am #6

Well damn, I thought it was starting tonight and I missed an eviction already.

Seeing Paul back in the house annoyed me at first. But he could be entertaining, and I think he was good for the feedsters last season. It's nice to have at least one person I'm familiar with, and it may be fun to watch him try to avoid the big target on his back.

Cody is a head-scratcher. He was so bland in his DRs but I caught him in the background a couple times smiling and laughing while interacting with other hamsters. I did like that he flat out told Megan he didn't like her after putting her up for eviction, rather than dancing around it with some bullshit reasoning. His breakdown of who he wanted to be on his team and how the others were outsiders was a fine example of how high school never really ends.
wrote:I sense some real macho sicko stuff, like, worse than Caleb.
That's funny, because my gaydar started pinging as soon as Josh opened his mouth. I figured he was the token gay. Hamsterwatch is calling him a jock-bro, so what do I know?

Mark seemed intimidated by Cody. He was so relieved to be a part of the "Cool Kids" club, which made it look like he wasn't sure he would be. And then he was hesitant to tell Cody that he trusted Paul.
Last edited by bilki on June 30th, 2017, 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

bilki
Site Admin

June 30th, 2017, 5:24 am #7

On AfterDark...

Cody has his arm around Jessica in the HOH bed. She leaned her face against his and I thought he was whispering in her ear but maybe he was kissing her cheek? Matthew and Raven sitting on a couch in HOH room. She was leaning up against him but then sat herself up and moved off of him. Cody said he tried to watch the Live Feeds one season and they were so boring. LOL!

Jillian and Alex talked about Josh being too crazy for the house. Is Matthew married? Something about one of the hamsters dancing (?) against one of the guys (Matthew?) when she wasn't wearing any panties. Alex says one of the other girls used to be a drug addict. Jillian says something about Josh saying he needs a showmance.

Alex and Jillian now in kitchen saying HI! to family and friends. Josh steps in front of them and interrupts to say HI! to his family and apologize to America for fucking up.

Paul and Christmas in food storage room talking about how annoying Josh is with telling people he's a good person. Paul now talking directly to feedsters. Nothing important that I noticed. Christmas addressing her friends and family. Whatever. She says it's been a crazy 9 days.

Commercial break...

Mark and Dominique at chess board talking low. Something about Cody have some kind of game plan with Alex that blew up, maybe? They're mumbling.

Small group in the kitchen. Kevin talks to family (daughters?). Josh calls himself a mad man. He's already a broken record.

Raven and Christmas talking...OH SHIT! Megan walked! I wondered why I hadn't seen her anywhere yet.

Ok, I have to go to bed.
Last edited by bilki on June 30th, 2017, 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

June 30th, 2017, 9:59 am #8

My thoughts and observations after the premier and first night of feeds.

Well this cast is interesting so far.

Megan is indeed gone. She walked after some sort of blow-up with Alex/Jessica. There was some sort of rumor of a racial slur (panda?) directed at Alex. Alex went to production. From what i can piece together the slur either didnt happen or was misconstrued. Megan melted down and left amid all the turmoil and being confronted about making up the rumor. Damn BB really needs to give us the first week of feeds!

Alex is the nom that took Megans spot. Veto yet to come.

I am ok with Paul being back. He seems to be playing a little slower this time.

Cody/Jessica are hot and heavy. I dont like either of them. She is friends/works with the Nolan twins and she is playing like they did.

Jason is kind of a floater at this point. He's much less annoying on feeds than on the premier. I dont mind him and he has a decent grasp on the game so far.

Josh is a disaster! He is high on everyones hit list. He has the most potential for explosive drama for sure.

Kevin makes me laugh. He is up Pauls butt so far he cant see daylight but hes funny. I think they will drag him along at least for awhile but hes clueless.

Mark/Elena are showmance #2. Hes more tolerable than her but neither impress me. She apparently knows Corey from last season. Potential showmance drama with Dominique taking a shine to Mark as well.

I like Dom so far but shes been pretty quiet.

Matt/Raven are showmance #3. I like both except her laugh annoys me. She seems to be in a great spot. Shes pretty universally liked. Hes mostly well liked too.

Ramses is the ultimate floater this season. He was "bitten by the snake" and received a "curse". Not sure if its the temptation for Sundays show of 3 weeks safety or something else. He seems to not know what it is either. Not in a great spot but room for him to move up if he plays it right.

Alex is in big trouble. She is playing way to hard. Shes smart a feisty and thats a bad combination in BB.

Christmas is floating along nicely. Shes still on peoples radars but shes good for now.

Jillian is super boring and annoying. I wish she would go before Alex.

The 3 showmances make up the main alliance. Paul, Kevin, Christmas, Dom and Jason are loosely affiliated with them and make up smaller sub-groups. Alex, Jill, Josh and Ramses are the bottom group.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

June 30th, 2017, 1:10 pm #9

Thanks for the update jbrr and Bilki. I don't have the feeds this season again, and forgot to record BBAD.

Wow, I am surprised Megan DOR'ed. Wish we knew the subtle details that put her on the block and inspired so much focus. Was she unfairly blamed for behavior she wasn't doing, or was she actually playing too hard/causing subtle drama. Josh's claim about her dropping comments into small groups? I dunno how I feel about people who DOR. Weak or smart to see the inevitable, and thus turn the tables on evil BB? :firemad:

Already too much testosterone in this bunch for me. And I've already dropped Cody to the deep six. I was hoping he would be sort of a fish out of water, strong but shy and misunderstood type. Instead he's like robo-

Yes, they are stupid for thinking that keeping the first week feed-free is good. What they gain from control and extra editing flow and time and premiere reveals isn't worth it.
Last edited by KMInfinity on July 1st, 2017, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

June 30th, 2017, 7:35 pm #10

I think Megan was probably playing too hard, even her allies were blasting her for lying/scheming in recounting to feeds what they could of the situation. In more dribs and drabs it sounds like the final straw was she was trying to pit Jess/Alex against each other since they both took a liking to Cody. Megan went to Jess and goaded her about Cody/Alex talking and then went to Alex and told her that Jess used the slur. Alex confronted the situation and it blew sky high. Production assured Alex the slur didnt happen but wouldnt let her see the video (obviously).

Megans plan did kind of work though because Alex and Jess still dont like each other. Alex is kind of catty. I havent seen enough from Jessica yet to say. Her and Cody turned in early for a makeout session in the HOH. I do hope we see alot of Megans moves in the next episode. I'm very curious about what really went down.

Feeds from day 1 was one of the best parts of BBOTT. Theres no reason they cant give us that for regular BB. Or at the very least shorten the time between entry and the premier. Way too much happens in 9 days.