Big Brother

Dax
Site Admin

September 29th, 2016, 10:38 pm #1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... cap-933681

Jason-from-17 beat out Jozea in getting back in.

Okay. Who are our CBS All-Access subscribers? Are we missing anything good?

jbrr1212
Elite Members

September 30th, 2016, 12:36 am #2

I am actually enjoying this quite a bit. The cast is a little too southern (not that theres anything wrong with southerners) with only 3 or 4 of them not being from the south. They are a pretty diverse group though and seem more "normal" than recent tv casts. A few older than 25 people and no models/actors. Its definitely a low budget version but that makes it kinda cool. It reminds alot of very early seasons before it became a production and was just a social experiment reality show. We've been fished very few times for just a minute or so for singing etc. They seem to have really drilled into them about that because they constantly remind each other if someone starts. The first HOH comp is underway, its basically a game of tag and last person not tagged will be HOH. We haven't gotten live DRs yet which I'm looking forward to. Mandatory awake times have nixed the constant napping so lots of interactions. Alliances forming already. Its fun to finally get to see move-in and the earliest moments we haven't gotten to see before. Overall I am kind of excited about this. I wasnt sure how I would feel about it but they have addressed most of the problems feeders have with the broadcast show feeds to make it pretty enjoyable so far.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

October 2nd, 2016, 8:55 pm #3

Ok so I'm really into this. I've watched more feeds in 5 days than I did in all of BB18. Cajun guy Justin is quickly becoming one of my favorite hamsters ever. I dont have a read on his gameplay yet but he is hilariously entertaining. Way to colorful for the TV edition but perfect for this. We will have the final nom ceremony tonight and voting for the first Americas nom starts. I have a link for free feed site if anyone wants it, dont know if I can openly post it but I can pm it if anyone wants to check it out.

Dax
Site Admin

October 2nd, 2016, 9:04 pm #4

Just goes to the feeds, or can you access the daily/weekly 'shows', too?

Yeah, PM me with it.. Curious to at least see a little bit...

It's like... I DON'T feel like they should do 2 or 3 editions of BB a year - one is enough - but on the other hand, it's very strange for it to be 'on' and I'm not watching it, you know?

jbrr1212
Elite Members

October 2nd, 2016, 9:54 pm #5

PM sent.

The daily/weekly "episodes" just take over the feed so yeah it gives you access to all of it. The daily is just a quick 5 minute recap with the a voiceover and a few DR snippets. The site I sent you has a very helpful schedule right there on the page so you know when key times are.

Theres an adjustment to get used to the new format but once you do its fun. The nom(now safety) ceremony is funny they just all wear boxes around their necks that light up (like restaurant pagers when your table is ready) when they are safe. The HOH is locked upstairs and pushes a button to activate the one they want. Half were saved in round 1 last night. The rest tonight.

These hamsters seem to always be awake even long after the mandatory awake time but they are most entertaining at night.

Everyone is pretty likeable except the HOH guy. Hes obnoxious and slightly delusional.

Dax
Site Admin

October 2nd, 2016, 11:00 pm #6

But if you're an All-Access subscriber, you can select from an archive of 'recaps' or ceremonies, right, and don't have to be there 'live' for something you wanna see?

jbrr1212
Elite Members

October 2nd, 2016, 11:14 pm #7

Right all access has the flashback and highlights feature. The free site you can still go back if its still within the same day by just moving the slider back to the time you want but I haven't played with it enough to see if they have additional flashback options.

The pretty blonde girls are sisters and nobody has figured out yet though several of the hamsters have commented on how much they look alike and are from the same state. They dont seem to like each other much.

Dax
Site Admin

October 2nd, 2016, 11:41 pm #8

A lot of Southern accents, yes.

Free site has some stuff archived but it's behind a 'give us your credit card... Not gonna DO anything with it, trust us' wall. Nope.

I'll peek in every once in awhile. I didn't watch every episode of Season 1, so I wasn't 'complete' anyway, but... Don't wanna not see ANY of this...

KMInfinity
Site Admin

October 3rd, 2016, 1:05 am #9

Well damn. Send the link. Thanks jbrr.

Is this cast too 'out there" for a regular season, or is BB just foolish in trying to cast what they THINK "America" wants to see?
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

jbrr1212
Elite Members

October 3rd, 2016, 1:44 am #10

PM sent.

This cast is a little farther out there than tv casts. Especially Justin he is definitely not suitable for tv. Hilarious and highly inappropriate. A couple of the others are a bit out there but would probably be fine on the regular show. We have for sure already heard more intimate details about this bunch than we have for the other casts in a whole season. Alot of recruits (i think all except 3 or 4) so much cluelessness but it is pretty different so its ok that they dont know what they are doing. It has a fresh feeling to it which i enjoy. Many of them do give you a bit of deja vu to past hgs and I'm sure thats not accidental.