Dax
Site Admin

June 18th, 2016, 12:53 am #11

Dumb comments, but I agree, pretty low on the 'hate' scale. I do think less of people that casually toss around ethnic/racist/homophobic slurs, but... these things were awhile ago, maybe he's wised up since then.

Caleb was kind of an ass (and was all creepy-stalkery to that one girl), but he wasn't as 'mean' as the pre-house stuff we knew about him suggested he would be... And as the realityblurred blog post points out, CBS (and a lot of the BB audience) just LOVES Jeff, and he said horrific things...

I don't want ALL assholes in the house, but... there ARE supposed to be unlikable people in there. That's part of the fun. Big-time Trump supporter... great. Let's go.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

June 23rd, 2016, 1:53 am #12

Running commentary...

A two hour premiere was too long. I'm only 2/3 thru and disliking more as time goes by. :P

Some interesting twists. I liked the team playoffs to boot a player.

These 4 would not be my pick of 4 returnees.

Da'Vonne's team sucks, and they pull her down into her weaknesses rather than her strengths. Too bad. I like her, but she hasn't learned how to fly UTR and play cool.

I do like Victor and Bronte (despite her voice).

Vanessa's sister Tiffany looks so much like her I swear they just had Vanessa dye her hair and go back in the House.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

KMInfinity
Site Admin

June 23rd, 2016, 2:01 am #13

Looks bad for Glenn. I'd be fine with dumb ass Cory going too. But sadly, the traditional BB frustration begins as the ones I want to go (anyone fro Da's team) will be staying.

It's weird to watch without live feed info in the mix. It won't feel like the game's really started until we are 24/7.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

bilki
Site Admin

June 23rd, 2016, 4:18 am #14

When do the feeds start?

Da'vonne makes me laugh when she isn't wallowing in self-pity. She kept saying she didn't "come here to do this" but did she really think BB was going to roll out the red carpet for her to play the game however she pleased? There's twists every season, and they often suck in the early part of the season.

In Da'vonne's defense, though, Paul is really awful. He annoyed me the most of all of them.

I'm so sick of the gay caricature but I know it goes with the territory.

I groaned a little when Paulie said he had never waited so long to get picked for a game but I liked him, otherwise.

I really enjoy Nicole, and I'll be disappointed if she's the first to go, but I'd forgotten how much her voice annoys me.

Dax
Site Admin

June 23rd, 2016, 6:19 am #15

Feeds will start tomorrow night.

Okay, bring on our summer freak show.....

Season 14 (2012), Frank placed 7th out of 16. If I'd met Frank somewhere, I wouldn't immediately have recognized him, but it would tug at me, like 'I know you from somewhere..'

Season 16, Nicole placed 7th out of 16, but (as people here quickly pointed out and held against her) she had been evicted earlier and got to come back in... Paulie's brother Cody came in second.

Season 17, Da'Vonne was 16th out of 17, James came in 7th, and Tiffany's sister Vanessa came in third.

No, would not have to be told that Paulie is Cody's brother (but I wouldn't have remembered Cody's name unless I studied before going in...). And DEFINITELY wouldn't be fooled for an instant about Tiffany. Didn't James see pictures of Tiffany while Vanessa was HOH and make some amusing and quasi-inappropriate remarks about her, or was that some other guy? We met Tiffany in Van's 'family-watching-the-show' packages, didn't we?

I love Nicole.
I find Bronte, Bridgette, and Michelle attractive.
Natalie is cute but really annoying.
Michelle is kinda annoying.
I totally see that Bronte would/will bug people, but I think she's kinda charming.
I'd attach to Bridgette the most, though, I think. I like nurses.
Three teachers is kinda weird.

Paulie comes off like a jerk.
I didn't like Jozea at all.
I was going to say 'wait, I don't think Paul is that bad' but that was before I came to the competitions and how he behaved during them...

If Da'Vonne has grown and learned over the last year, it all evaporated soon after she returned to the house... Her crying at the end (happy tears 'cuz they won) was amusing, because it LOOKED like how she'd have reacted if they'd lost...

James is James. He was popular and 'a character' enough that I did figure they'd have him come back sometime, but I'm maybe a little surprised it's a back-to-back...

Natalie made me think 'Hot Rachel' a little (from UnReal, which is back as strong as last year - you watching, KMI?).

Jenni
Site Admin

June 23rd, 2016, 9:27 pm #16

So far I like:
Bronte
Bridgette and Nicole (go nurses!)
James

I don't like at all:
Paul
Jozea
Da'Vonne
Natalie (ish)

The rest I'll wait and see how they are after a bit.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

June 24th, 2016, 4:45 am #17

Bye Glenn......

Tiffany sounds so much like Vanessa it kinda makes me do a double take everytime i hear her. She looks like her but the voice and speech patterns are exactly the same. Lets just hope for my feed watching sake she doesnt talk as much as her sister did. And yes I'm almost positive James saw pics of Tiff during Vans HOHs.

I liked Nicole the first time so I'm ok with her being back. James is James, its ok too. Not really sure why we got Davonne back (and so quick). Outside of her blow-up with Audrey and figuring out the twins, I dont recall her being especially noteworthy or interesting....weird. Frank looks soooo different, is it just the haircut or something else? I know alot of people didnt like him on his season but I didn't mind him. He wasnt a great strategist but he was great in comps. He fell victim to Dans mist. He seems much quieter and somewhat smarter in the little we've seen thus far. I could have named a dozen other former hamsters I would rather have had back but I dont hate any of them so thats something I guess.

None of the newbies have impressed me yet. Victor is nice to look at. Jozea and Paul are both annoying and way too cocky. I wasnt a Cody fan and Paulie is following in his footsteps. The girls havent gotten much screentime yet so I'll reserve judgement for now. Well except helium voice who I'm almost sure will drive me batty lol.

15 mins til live feeds!
Last edited by jbrr1212 on June 24th, 2016, 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

June 24th, 2016, 10:02 am #18

Nicole did well on the second show, and I'm happy to see her back.

Jozea and Victor are really dumb and bad at this game.

I like that our discussion archives go back to Season 9 (!) ... Gonna refresh my memory on our thoughts on Frank during his game... http://s1.zetaboards.com/Buzz/topic/4852193/1/

bilki
Site Admin

June 24th, 2016, 2:25 pm #19

I was worried Nicole would be the first to go but once I saw they had to climb around on those little islands I figured she had an advantage.

Does Victor have a thing for blondes? His "strategy" meeting with Nicole was hilarious.

I'll have to watch the rest of the episode later.....

KMInfinity
Site Admin

June 24th, 2016, 4:40 pm #20

jbrr wrote:Tiffany sounds so much like Vanessa it kinda makes me do a double take everytime i hear her. She looks like her but the voice and speech patterns are exactly the same. Lets just hope for my feed watching sake she doesnt talk as much as her sister did. And yes I'm almost positive James saw pics of Tiff during Vans HOHs.
Big agree. Apparently all the vets know.
wrote:I liked Nicole the first time so I'm ok with her being back. James is James, its ok too. Not really sure why we got Davonne back (and so quick). Outside of her blow-up with Audrey and figuring out the twins, I dont recall her being especially noteworthy or interesting....weird. Frank looks soooo different, is it just the haircut or something else? I know alot of people didnt like him on his season but I didn't mind him. He wasn't a great strategist but he was great in comps. He fell victim to Dans mist. He seems much quieter and somewhat smarter in the little we've seen thus far. I could have named a dozen other former hamsters I would rather have had back but I dont hate any of them so thats something I guess.
Nicole's okay, played too emotional last time. I like James, especially his antics. I also think he has a good 'take' on the game. Day gave greeat Diary, but went too soon to really know. I like her but she can lack self awareness and so seem hypocritical I think. Apparently she's made some major inroads with the noobs. Frank seems MUCH better without Boogie. I may like him this time around.
wrote:None of the newbies have impressed me yet....
Nope. Day is openly mocking them apparently. Careful Day... karma.
Dax wrote:Jozea and Victor are really dumb and bad at this game.

I like that our discussion archives go back to Season 9 (!) ... Gonna refresh my memory on our thoughts on Frank during his game... http://s1.zetaboards.com/Buzz/topic/4852193/1/
Only Season 9? Huhh. I remember posting about S6 a lot. Maye not here. Agree Joz and Vic are twits.
Last edited by KMInfinity on June 24th, 2016, 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.