Better Call Saul

Dax
Site Admin

January 11th, 2017, 9:48 pm #1

Dax
Site Admin

January 13th, 2017, 5:32 pm #2

Some cool pics of the Gus-at-the-end-of-BB4 prosthetic, and a nice little walk down memory lane...

http://uproxx.com/tv/breaking-bad-gus-fring-death/4/

bilki
Site Admin

March 27th, 2017, 1:41 pm #3

Will we be meeting Gus in Episode 1? They've been running commercials for Los Pollos Hermanos, and there's a Best Of Gus Fring marathon next Monday.

Best of Saul Goodman marathon today. I always forget how funny he was right from the start.

Dax
Site Admin

March 27th, 2017, 4:50 pm #4

Dunno if Gus will be in 3.1 or whether or not Esposito is a series regular, but anxious to find out, of course... they have been heavily promoting his return, but I remember end-of-2 interviews where they'd say 'oh, you may not see him RIGHT away' (but I think they'd also not yet secured Esposito, so...). We'll see soon.

Dax
Site Admin

April 6th, 2017, 8:52 pm #5

Dax
Site Admin

April 18th, 2017, 12:32 am #6

http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/17/better-call ... -season-3/?

Gus debuted in 2.11 of BB. He was on one more that season, the finale, #13.

He was a series regular in seasons 3 & 4, in 11 of each season's 13 episodes (in 3, he sat out #s 7 & 10; in 4, he wasn't in #s 2 & 3). His is one of the most fantastic and memorable death scenes.

It is good to see confirmation in this interview that he IS a series regular here now, with an option to (likely) continue next season (and beyond..).
Last edited by Dax on April 18th, 2017, 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

April 18th, 2017, 6:53 am #7

We didn't know Kim during BB, so as far as we knew then, Saul's most significant relationship with a woman was his receptionist, Francesca. Played by Tina Parker, she made her first appearance in the same episode we met Saul, 2.8. She was in 8 more after that - 3.6, 4.1, 4.10-13, 5.9, and 5.11. She was last seen when Jesse kicked the shit out of Saul after figuring out that Huell lifted the cigarette pack with the ricin in it.

Fun to see Jimmy and Francesca's beginning. He will come to call her 'Honey Tits'. She will not like that.

"This one really don't wanna talk about Cracker Barrel" - Hilarious.

-

Love the reveals on Los Pollos Hermanos and Gus, and Mike's loss of the upper hand and resigned 'Yeah' answering the phone at the end...

-

Victor (Jeremiah Bitsui) was first seen in BB 2.11, and was in Season 3's 2, 4, 8-9, and 12-13 before getting terminated by Gus in 4.1 with the titular 'Box Cutter' because Walt and Jesse made Gus really, REALLY grumpy.

Here, he drives the gas cap out into the desert.

Last edited by Dax on April 18th, 2017, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

bilki
Site Admin

April 18th, 2017, 2:01 pm #8

It was curious to me that Sepinwall thought Gus was able to block anyone from seeing his pick-up of Victor's drop-off, as I thought it was more Gus-like that he noticed Jimmy following and watching Victor and the pick-up didn't happen. Jimmy wasn't being subtle and Gus has that eagle-eye vision.

I was a little disappointed that we didn't see Jimmy even slightly suspect that Chuck may be trying to manipulate him with Ernesto revealing the existence of the tape.

Dax
Site Admin

April 18th, 2017, 2:50 pm #9

Yeah, I thought for a second that Gus MIGHT have been able to sweep something from the bag into his sweeper, but... right, more likely that the drop was a scratch. Jimmy was not great at being a subtle set of eyes, no. Love when he leaned on the soda machine and made a mess..

The drop was very probably a scratch. (Different guy from Victor in the restaurant.)

You're right, Jimmy's rage SO blinded him to a pretty obvious Chuck trap.

Howard's trek through the backyards was very funny. He even did a couple little jumps like Bluto does in Animal House that always makes me laugh.

Dax
Site Admin

April 25th, 2017, 6:37 am #10

#3. Another brilliant one... Love Mike's way of getting Hector's truck busted..

Seventh regular, the first main cast addition the show has made - Esposito gets the 'with' before McKean's 'and' in the credits.

Nacho sits out the first three episodes, but he's in the previews for next week..

Fuck Chuck. Such an asshole..

-

Two new-to-BCS BB alums -

Ray Campbell as Fring employee Tyrus Kitt, from 4.2-6 and 4.9-13.

JB Blanc was the doctor in 4.11 and 5.1, tending to Gus post-poisoning and Mike's gunshot wounds after the slaughter at Don Eladio's place. Here, he supplies Mike with his special sneaker seasoning.
Last edited by Dax on May 2nd, 2017, 6:23 am, edited 4 times in total.