bilki
Site Admin

April 26th, 2017, 4:12 pm #11

Jimmy can be an asshole when he thinks he's in the right, and he thinks can get away with it. I'm disappointed he fell right into Chuck's trap but if you come to play games with people you should probably consider the possibility of losing. Jimmy was sloppy and Chuck beat him. It's a fun rivalry because they're both pretty rotten to the other.

Shooting the sneaker and sprinkling that truck with cocaine was awesome.

I recognized the doctor but only because they aired the poisoning at Don Eladio's place during the Gus Fring marathon a few weeks ago.

Krystal
Site Admin

April 28th, 2017, 6:36 pm #12

I really hope the season isn't mostly about Jimmy almost losing his law license because I find it very annoying. How he can be so stupid around his brother really bothers me.

It's good that we have Mike and Gus and all these other people because they really make the show as far as I'm concerned. The writing for Jimmy has not been all that great I don't think.

Dax
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2017, 3:08 pm #13

BB returns in BCS 3.4 - Steven Bauer as Don Eladio (BB 4.8 & 4.10), Javier Grajeda as Juan Bolsa (BB 3.3, 3.8, 4.8).

Trivia I like - Mark Margolis (Hector) and Bauer were both in Pacino's 1983 Scarface.
Bauer and Banks co-starred on the fourth season of Wiseguy.

Didn't know this one before, but just came upon it at the BB wikia - Grajeda and Cranston were once roommates. They met while doing an episode of a show called Cover Up together; Cranston's character was a serial killer and murdered police detective Grajeda.

-

Great tension on Hector's visit to LPH.

I know we're going to see
[+] Spoiler
Hank
at some point during the season... thought it might be this one, what with the DEA busting Hector's ice cream operation, but it wasn't...

Anxious to see Jimmy and Kim foil Chuck next week.
Last edited by Dax on May 2nd, 2017, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bilki
Site Admin

May 3rd, 2017, 5:06 am #14

Gus' ability to maintain his composure while Hector is scrapping dried mud or dog shit from shoe was awesome. I could hear Gus just seething with rage and hate all the way over here.

I feel like I'm one of the few people on the planet who doesn't hate Chuck but it will be fun to watch Jimmy and Kim outsmart him.

Dax
Site Admin

May 3rd, 2017, 5:17 am #15

In a way, of course, Chuck is right. Jimmy's disregard for 'the rules' IS going to take him down a pretty scummy path. On the other hand, he may not have ever slid as far without Chuck's push.

But that holier-than-thou shit... Jimmy takes care of his crazy shit for years, and the payback is all this 'you can't be a lawyer, you're a bad guy'... he's just rude... AND... not passing on Mom's dying words out of jealousy and spite...

Chuck sucks.

Dax
Site Admin

May 9th, 2017, 6:20 pm #16

Great Mike-and-Gus-free hour in #5.

Lavell Crawford made 11 BB appearances as Huell Babineaux (4.1, 4.3, 4.8, 4.11-12, 5.3, 5.9-13). We first met him when Saul hired him as a bodyguard (to protect him from Mike!). At the end, Hank and Steve left Huell in a DEA safehouse, and never came back...

When Jimmy told the vet he needed an expert pickpocket (and I like the guy's 'Does he need to fit in small spaces?'), it was a pretty good giveaway that we were about to meet Huell. His most important function on BB was lifting the ricin cigarette from Jesse's pack in a miraculous patdown.

When they first started talking about a Saul spinoff series, the most obvious supporting characters to include (that we already knew) were Francesca, Huell, and (one to go) Kuby.

Previews next week - Kim says 'Saul Goodman'... we're getting closer...

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/better- ... 202418735/
Last edited by Dax on May 9th, 2017, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

May 9th, 2017, 7:13 pm #17

Well I'll probably watch it tonight but any show without Mike it can't be a great one. I'm watching more for him than I am for Jimmy lately

bilki
Site Admin

May 10th, 2017, 3:24 pm #18

Jimmy was masterful at manipulating Chuck into that outburst. Although, I felt bad for Chuck because he's been holding that grudge against Jimmy for most of their life, and with some valid reasons, but it hasn't accomplished anything. It seems to have only made his life more difficult.

Dax
Site Admin

May 10th, 2017, 11:10 pm #19

Krystal
Site Admin

May 11th, 2017, 4:32 am #20

Well it was a good show. You could see Saul finally and Jimmy. But I really didn't care for the storyline of his brother being such a fuck. Obviously with him going off the rails at the hearing Jimmy won't lose his license. We still don't know exactly when he become Saul Goodman or what happens to Kim. I hope we see her for a few more seasons in some way because she is a great asset to the show.

Thanks for the little article about Huell I thought he looked thinner.