Dax
Site Admin

April 19th, 2016, 7:03 pm #41

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watchi ... -next-year

Haven't seen the finale yet - was JUST about to start it last night when I got the call from Mom to pick her up from the hospital... yeah, guess that was maybe a little bit more important... But I'm quite anxious to go home and watch it, of course. Soon.

Dax
Site Admin

April 20th, 2016, 1:08 am #42

Finale was great. I wasn't disappointed that we didn't get to see Gus... That 'first contact' felt right to me. DON'T.

'Not today, Hector.'

They kept true to their 'more BB people in 2' promise, for sure. Last year, Tuco and a couple of his bodyguards. This year, more Tuco, Krazy-8, Hector, the Cousins, Lawson the arms dealer, KEN WINS... (... and a police officer, Saxton, on both shows; and Mike's waitress friend, Fran... and a real estate agent...)

I'm sure we'll get some Gus next season.

Last edited by Dax on April 20th, 2016, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

April 20th, 2016, 1:53 am #43

Our cable has been giving us trouble and I have that last two recorded. However the cable guy just showed up and is installing a new box so I'm losing them both. I just looked on demand and they only had 8 of the episodes. I know I'm going to record the last one one Thursday but how do I get episode 9 or do you think it will show up on demand?

We have so many problems with the cable here and Cox has been a pain in the ass. One of the issues is our boxes on the street in the house is so far back. They keep saying they will move the Box closer and every guy that gets here says he's putting the paperwork in and it never happens.

In the meantime I have to reprogram everything but luckily I don't record that many shows.

Dax
Site Admin

April 20th, 2016, 2:06 am #44

9 should be (or show up on) your On Demand, sure. If not, it's also on amc's site...

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... ram-finale

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/better- ... 201756672/

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/19/be ... igan-gould The return that Gilligan was talked out of putting in the finale was Marie, who might have been the tech giving Chuck his MRI... Yeah, that fits the 'would have been kinda cool, but may also have been distracting from the story'...
Last edited by Dax on April 20th, 2016, 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

April 20th, 2016, 2:07 am #45

So the guy was supposed to be here between 3 and 5 he got here at quarter to 6. So it is after 7 now and he still doesn't have a Herman television going and it is the only one I can record on

bilki
Site Admin

April 20th, 2016, 4:20 pm #46

I watched Saul's and Gus' first Breaking Bad episode as a little pre-party, so I guess I did get my hopes up that we'd get to see Gus. But with the way Mike's story was playing out, I figured about halfway through that there wouldn't be any Gus here. I forgot how funny Saul was in his first BB episode.

OK, it was Marie. That may have been distracting.

I'm a little surprised no one has caught Mike doing all of his spying on the cartel before now. The spot from which he watches that store doesn't seem all that secluded.

Love the rivalry between Chuck and Jimmy. Chuck's ruse to get Jimmy to confess was great. Looking forward to see where this is headed next season.

Dax
Site Admin

April 20th, 2016, 5:14 pm #47

I haven't had time, but I'm looking forward to re-watching some BB (especially the earliest Saul and Mike appearances, yes).

I definitely wondered if Nacho was purposely blocking Mike's shot, but he WAS a really good distance away...

Chuck keeping Mom's last words (and that she'd awakened at all) is a whole... 'nother... level...

bilki
Site Admin

April 21st, 2016, 2:07 am #48

There's a dynamic that happens with the first born. My feeling is that one can feel like they're held to a higher standard for approval, if only because the parents usually take a more relaxed approach with each child that follows. Chuck has worked so hard to be the best he can be, then the mother calls out for Jimmy. And I imagine that was a trend Chuck had noticed for a long time. I could feel how that stung him.

Dax
Site Admin

April 21st, 2016, 3:48 am #49

Krystal
Site Admin

April 25th, 2016, 6:54 pm #50

I was not crazy about the last two. I found myself very angry at Chuck and I thought it was extraordinarily stupid of Jimmy to admit that he had changed the documents. Especially after Kim warned him. It also makes me angry that Chuck is such an asshole. I don't know how anybody could be that crappy to their sibling especially when Jimmy has been there every time he has one of his meltdown.

They are so different in age they would have been like two different families it seems to me that Jimmy would have been sort of a menopause child. If you look at the actors ages Chuck is almost 70 and Jimmy isn't even mid fifties. It cracked me up when they said male incoming mid-fifties, when Chuck is almost 70 and he sure looks it.

I found myself much more interested in looking forward to see what Mike was doing. When he almost shot Hector I thought for sure he was going to have a slight miss and that would be what paralyzed Hector and put him in the wheelchair. So I wasn't thrilled with this season and I was particularly not thrilled with the ending.
Last edited by Krystal on April 25th, 2016, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.