Beth Ehlers

GLFan1978

September 28th, 2009, 11:40 pm #1

http://www.soapcentral.com/amc/news/200 ... ehlers.php

Couldn't have happened to a better person.

Krystal
Site Admin

September 29th, 2009, 5:14 am #2

My goodness, now where can she go to be with "her Ricky"? I lost all repect for her when she pulled that move.

GLFan1978

September 29th, 2009, 1:34 pm #3

I agree...I enjoyed (never loved) Harley but when she pulled that bs, and kept on with even worse bs when she got to AMC, she was on my hate list. She deserves this.

failsafe

September 29th, 2009, 2:22 pm #4

I think the moral of this story is "don't believe your own hype."

Marg
Site Admin

September 30th, 2009, 12:00 am #5

I did post about this on the AMC Board, but will add a couple of other thoughts here.

First of all, I know that many GL viewers thought BE had a big ego, which I didn't think was necessarily true. Many actors give that impression, because of their position but I seldom think that is the 'real person'.

IMO, BE is an excellent actress, however, she could only do much with the scripts given her. When on GL, she and RPG did take over the show, and both of them became stale and their stories ridiculous. Beth did seem less interested in the role of Harley after her pairing with Gus ended.

Beth's decision to leave GL and go to AMC, could have been influenced by Ricky but who really knows for sure. Anyway, the Gus/Harley pairing was not going to work on AMC, so Beth was paired with someone with limited acting skills. I think her speaking out publicly about JRM/Brot and Pratt, did hurt her there. Plus the character of Taylor was never developed so BE had nothing to work with. I'm not surprised they have let her go.
Last edited by Marg on September 30th, 2009, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scorpioww
Elite Members

September 30th, 2009, 12:17 am #6

I agree Marg. They paired her with an untrained actor in an unconnected role. Why should anyone care about Taylor and Brot. No one k ew them. They were not part of core families. Who cares. I love both actors and have met them personally. Both BE and JRM are totally down to earth and cool people. Their story was just too detached from the rest of AMC.

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 30th, 2009, 1:27 am #7

AMC is awful so I'm glad she won't be there anymore. I've only heard positive things about what she's like in real life, by the way.

failsafe

September 30th, 2009, 2:34 am #8

Marg wrote:Beth's decision to leave GL and go to AMC, could have been influenced by Ricky but who really knows for sure.
Well considering she said it was about a million billion times, I'm going to say yes it was. It wasn't a (for lack of a better term) politically correct thing to say, the way she said it. It's one thing to say "this role is great, the opportunity is awesome and I'm excited that I'll be working w/ my old coworker." It's another to make it sound like you don't care if you read a phone book on camera, as long as you can be around "my Ricky."

She said that, and surprise, the writers believed her. And treated her accordingly.

She might be a perfectly awesome person but she needs to be a little more careful about what comes out of her mouth (which I think she has realized). Kim Zimmer and a few others can say whatever the hell they want to say and get away with it, but everyone else needs to tread lightly.

Manifan

September 30th, 2009, 4:00 am #9

Beth leaving GL hurt the show and it also hurt her. Soaps are a dying breed. It will be a miracle if she can land another one.

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 30th, 2009, 8:46 pm #10

:$ I remember reading that GL gave her a real low offer to resign her contract and treated her like crap. Didn't they also lock her out of the building too??? If she wanted to leave for better pastures good for her. AMC never tried to really write for her and she was placed with a co-star that had no acting experience. I think it is crappy for AMC to drop her now when she is just starting a romance with Tad and just when GL ends.