Dax
Site Admin

September 10th, 2010, 1:43 am #61

One week left.

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 10th, 2010, 2:17 am #62

Does anyone know what happened to the PGP board? Is it gone for good now that ATWT is almost done? I thought they said they were going to stay open.

Cheryl
Elite Members

September 10th, 2010, 2:34 am #63

Dax wrote:Script writing has been very poor. Just terrible, awful material.
Can't argue with you there. This is painful. In a really bad, hate to watch way.
wrote: I was surprised to see James Rebhorn - hadn't read he was going to be on. Reid's uncle is also Holden's former father-in-law. Huh.
Ugh. The only thing I could think was "Yuck, it's creepy Bradley Raines!"

I agree about Lucinda and John.....they are like a breath of fresh air. So glad EH talked Larry Brygmann into coming back to the show. It's been a real treat.

TamJonFan--I don't know a thing about the PGP board.......haven't posted there in years. Hopefully someone can figure it out.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 10th, 2010, 5:53 pm #64

Bradley Raines was Beth's step father on Guiding Light. I don't think he was on ATWT before.

Scorpioww
Elite Members

September 10th, 2010, 7:14 pm #65

The John and Lucinda scenes were great. When she layed into him about not even contacting her during her struggle with cancer it was such a real moment. I also loved the scenes we got between John and Margo. It just makes me wonder how good the show could have been these last few years if John was back and they had a better focus on the vets.

Also the talk of the Bay City hospital made me realize that ATWT is the last straw of a huge complex and intertwining world that was the P&G soaps. It is truly heartbreaking to think about.

Dax
Site Admin

September 10th, 2010, 9:52 pm #66

>> don't think he was on ATWT before.

Rebhorn was, in a similarly creepy role... Bradley Raines was Beth's stepfather and rapist on GL, but on ATWT, Henry Lange molested his daughter, Angel (a sweet girl that was married to Holden for a bit - and they adopted a baby on Christmas, Noel... after they divorced, she married Holden's brother, Seth...).

--

The John/Margo and John/Lucinda scenes are well-played, but bothersome in that there's STILL no explanation given for John's absence over the years... fine, they never wrote in even a stray line of dialogue that he'd ever LEFT town, but now they've established that he did... but WHY, and WHY has he not kept up contact with anybody, WHY did he neglect to aide Lucinda through her cancer period... that she's annoyed with him and he's apologetic is something, but WHY is a question that ought to have been asked AND answered by the show...

blosslover
Site Admin

September 10th, 2010, 9:53 pm #67

It is sad when you think about all that was lost due to mismanagement and cluelessness.

The link you have for the PGP board may be wrong. Try this: http://www.astheworldturnstv.com/

Cheryl
Elite Members

September 11th, 2010, 3:55 am #68

Dax wrote:>> don't think he was on ATWT before.

Rebhorn was, in a similarly creepy role... Bradley Raines was Beth's stepfather and rapist on GL, but on ATWT, Henry Lange molested his daughter, Angel (a sweet girl that was married to Holden for a bit - and they adopted a baby on Christmas, Noel... after they divorced, she married Holden's brother, Seth...).
I know it's crazy but every since he was Bradley Raines on GL, I can't stand to watch the guy. I guess that means he's a really good actor? At any rate, he gives me the heebie jeebies, and I do NOT like him even being associated with MY Reid!
wrote: Also the talk of the Bay City hospital made me realize that ATWT is the last straw of a huge complex and intertwining world that was the P&G soaps. It is truly heartbreaking to think about.
So true, Scorpio.....and so, so sad. It's the end of an era. I've watched ATWT and GL for (OMG!) over 35 years now. At least when we lost GL, I still had ATWT even though I had quit watching for a brief time. Damn, this sucks. :(

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

frienz

September 11th, 2010, 4:39 am #69

Rebhorn does do creepy well!! I was looking at his IMDb site, and he has worked REGULARLY since 1976. Wow!! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0714310/

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

September 14th, 2010, 2:50 pm #70

I haven't watched in months but a friend let me know this was the last week so I tuned in yesterday. I was shocked to see John and I'm sorry I missed him last week.

I'll watch for the next 4 days but I'm so lost on storyline that I'll just be tuning in to say goodbye to the vets.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.