Another GL Actor Snapped Up by ABC?

Deleted User
Deleted User

March 19th, 2008, 5:09 pm #1

A well placed source has a GL actor whose contract is up this spring already in talks with Frons at ABC. They would get a meaty deal along the same vein as Ricky Paull Goldin. Further evidence suggests this actor will be seen at AMC, too. And, before you ask, this is another big name actor who has had her fill of Wheeler's antics.

Deleted User
Deleted User

March 19th, 2008, 6:10 pm #2

SOD has already reported said that it is Beth Ehlers. It's in April 1 issue

Deleted User
Deleted User

March 19th, 2008, 6:12 pm #3

OMG!!!!

Beth Ehlers!?!?

If they are both leaving then why can't they be written off together!?!?

stampurr

March 19th, 2008, 6:16 pm #4

It would be very interesting if AMC signed Beth E. to play Liza who was briefly involved with Jake (RPG's character) years ago. In fact, there was a sick little story about that. Liza wanted a baby but was single. Jake offered to ........ er .......... make a donation to the cause ;) so Liza figured she was having Jake's baby. However, her ex-husband, Adam, bought the sperm bank and substituted HIS little swimmers for Jake's making the child Adam's instead! :jerry:

Also, Marcy Walker who originated the role of Liza has left acting.

I don't know if I could accept Beth E. in the role of Liza though. I've seen her as Harley for too long.

Deleted User
Deleted User

March 19th, 2008, 6:54 pm #5

I know who I think this is, but I haven't had confirmation yet. There is one that has a contract up in May and she is displeased (like a lot of other actors) with her character's direction. I'll be sure to post when I know for sure (I do know Brian Frons at ABC is a huge fan of this actor).

blosslover
Site Admin

March 19th, 2008, 10:23 pm #6

Oh wow...would be ironic. Go Frons? The question mark is because it feels so against my nature to be cheering anything having to do with him.

southsidegirl

March 19th, 2008, 11:57 pm #7

SuperSage wrote:I know who I think this is, but I haven't had confirmation yet. There is one that has a contract up in May and she is displeased (like a lot of other actors) with her character's direction. I'll be sure to post when I know for sure (I do know Brian Frons at ABC is a huge fan of this actor).
Hey SS, are you saying it is someone besides Beth Ehlers?

Deleted User
Deleted User

March 20th, 2008, 1:05 am #8

Oh man, if its Beth Ehlers it would be a big slap in the face to Wheeler and Kreizman!
But I would not blame her for leaving. Hopefully Crystal Chappell, Kim Zimmer and Gina Tognoni will all get great deals with ABC also. Their stories on GL are as bad as BE's.

Deleted User
Deleted User

March 20th, 2008, 1:42 am #9

If Beth Ehlers, Gina, Kim, & Crystal all leave, I will stop watching the show.. what would be left?

Deleted User
Deleted User

March 20th, 2008, 2:26 am #10

southsidegirl wrote:
SuperSage wrote:I know who I think this is, but I haven't had confirmation yet. There is one that has a contract up in May and she is displeased (like a lot of other actors) with her character's direction. I'll be sure to post when I know for sure (I do know Brian Frons at ABC is a huge fan of this actor).
Hey SS, are you saying it is someone besides Beth Ehlers?
I've learned the hard way lately that I should have firm information before naming the actor or actors involved. I do think it is Beth Ehlers, as she is the only big name actress to have a contract up for renewal this spring, and I know that Frons is a huge fan of hers. She is really the only one this blind item could be about.

Again, I don't have a firm confirmation yet and we may not until May.