Gatekeeper
Site Admin

March 20th, 2008, 7:06 pm #11

AHHHHHHHHHHHH Amanda's gone? LOL ... I didn't watch the result show last night. Well good. I just wasn't 'feeling' her.

OK so I like David Cook, David Archuleta and Jason Castro for the guys and Carly Smithson for the girls. The rest can go bye-bye and I wouldn't miss them.

I do want to throw the 'bull shit' flag up on Michael Johns only being 29. I don't think so. My gatekeeper radar pegs him for mid to late 30s and so does his bald spot but whatever. He's still cute for an old far. :P
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

March 20th, 2008, 11:59 pm #12

Amanda - Back in the USSR - Okay.

Kristy - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away - Awful. WORSE than last week, which at least had the 'well, I don't like country music and she countrified it' about it.

Archuleta - Long and Winding Road - Sounded good, but I didn't think there was much vocal variety to it, no emotion to it, no storytelling...

Michael - Day in the Life - Bad. Serious fuck-up with the lyrics, and nobody called him on it, which I thought was weird.

Brooke - Here Comes the Sun - Okay.

Cook - Daytripper - Kinda cool.

Carly - Blackbird - Good.

Castro - Michelle - Good.

Syesha - Yesterday - Okay. A bit... too much? Oversang it, I thought.

Chikezie - I've Just Seen A Face - Okay, but the arrangement was seriously schizo.

Ramiele - I Should Have Known Better - Okay.

Group song - Aw, poor Ramiele's mic wasn't on...

Hi, Pickler. Elliot and Fantasia in Africa...

Bottom 3 - Carly, Kristy, Amanda. Amanda goes home. Votefortheworst totally saved Kristy.

Lisa
Elite Members

March 21st, 2008, 1:26 am #13

dax wrote: Group song - Aw, poor Ramiele's mic wasn't on...
Yeah I noticed that too....all you could hear was Brooke

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." -
-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Deleted User
Deleted User

March 23rd, 2008, 6:19 am #14

dax wrote:Amanda - Back in the USSR - Okay.

Kristy - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away - Awful. WORSE than last week, which at least had the 'well, I don't like country music and she countrified it' about it.

Archuleta - Long and Winding Road - Sounded good, but I didn't think there was much vocal variety to it, no emotion to it, no storytelling...

Michael - Day in the Life - Bad. Serious fuck-up with the lyrics, and nobody called him on it, which I thought was weird.

Brooke - Here Comes the Sun - Okay.

Cook - Daytripper - Kinda cool.

Carly - Blackbird - Good.

Castro - Michelle - Good.

Syesha - Yesterday - Okay. A bit... too much? Oversang it, I thought.

Chikezie - I've Just Seen A Face - Okay, but the arrangement was seriously schizo.

Ramiele - I Should Have Known Better - Okay.

Group song - Aw, poor Ramiele's mic wasn't on...

Hi, Pickler. Elliot and Fantasia in Africa...

Bottom 3 - Carly, Kristy, Amanda. Amanda goes home. Votefortheworst totally saved Kristy.
Right FREAKING on dax. I agree with each and every assessment.

Cheryl
Elite Members

March 26th, 2008, 3:34 am #15

Okay, so after watching tonight's show, I have only three words.

DAVID COOK RULES!!! :wow:

They definitely saved the best for last tonight. Damn! And it's already up on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb05uu7xIYg

Simply amazing! :applause:
Last edited by Cheryl on March 26th, 2008, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Lisa
Elite Members

March 26th, 2008, 4:44 am #16

David Cook was awesome.

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." -
-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Deleted User
Deleted User

March 26th, 2008, 1:01 pm #17

he really does. I can't believe he took two schmaltzy 80's songs and turned them into rock hits. He's really won me over. :notworthy:

Stupid Paula quote of the day: "What, you couldn't pick an American composer for American Idol?" Oh yeah, because the Beatles were American too, right? ^o)

And how is it that the song Kristy sang was brave and clever and the song David A sang was cartoony? They were both uplifting songs, and he sang it better. Although, I can see it at least getting her out of the bottom three for a change.

Poor Carly, I like her but she killed that song, way too stiff. Jason was ok. Liked Brooke's although the false start was weird (and she knew it). Weird advice from the judges criticizing her for having the band come in, when they told her on Love Is A Battlefield that she should have the band come in instead of singing the whole thing solo. Michael and Jason were my faves for the night.

amy
Elite Members

March 26th, 2008, 2:34 pm #18

So I think I'm gonna give Kristy a pass this week. I liked what she did, that song kills me every time. The fact that it still got me when she did it means it must have been ok. Brooke on the other hand, buh bye!

Damn but David Cook is just rocking my world! I love him! I would happily go pay too much for a ticket to see him live RIGHT NOW!

I think Michael Johns better be careful, he's gonna end up playing lead in a "Queen" tribute band. Don't me wrong, I think he pulls it off and that is hard to do, but I worried. I am also worried that Carly is going to end up in the bottom three again. Oh well, that's OK cuz David Cook already has this thing won!

Dax
Site Admin

March 26th, 2008, 6:59 pm #19

Cook was the best by far. Very nice.

I also liked Castro (happy birthday), Brooke (even with the false start, though some of the country flavorings didn't quite work for me), Michael (love the song, and he did it well), and Carly (stiff-looking, yeah, but sounded good to me- and I love that song).

Kristy wasn't the worst, but even if she were (again), it was a smart, vote-pandering move to choose God Bless The USA. I was snarky during her clip package, though, where she's saying her family doesn't tell her to stop singing now. 'Really? They skipped the last two weeks and didn't hear you mangle the Beatles?'

Couldn't tell Ramiele was sick, but she seemed to be struggling really hard to overpower the really loud back-up singers (overly prepared to overcompensate for her?)...

Syesha and Chikezie were kinda boring to me.

Archuleta was okay. Let me know when there's a youtube link up to a mash-up of Simon's suggestion... I expect somebody's going to drop in some 'animated creatures' to dance around with David...

Not sure who should go home, or will.

blosslover
Site Admin

March 26th, 2008, 9:41 pm #20

Chris Cornell is who created that arrangement of Billie Jean. I'm glad that they had Ryan announce that before Dave sang. Otherwise I wouldn't have known it. Since I'm in the slow lane with dial up I haven't looked for that version on-line.

The comment to David A about his song, was kind of funny as the others this week picked Queen, Sting, The Police as if they are Americans. The thing is the song David A performed was this huge hit in Australia. I just didn't get it.