American Horror Story

Dax
Site Admin

September 2nd, 2016, 4:03 am #1

https://www.ahs6sweeps.com

I like that it's two weeks away, and we still don't have a subtitle, or theme, or much of any story information at all... A few cast members here and there, but not who's main or just in a couple...

The mystery is fun.

Dax
Site Admin

September 15th, 2016, 12:06 am #2

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... eme-928048

The show itself may forever disappoint, but their marketing has always been top-notch, and I think this has been my favorite campaign so far...

Excited for the premiere. Will stay off Facebook after it starts in other time zones... No spoilers...

Krystal
Site Admin

September 15th, 2016, 2:40 am #3

The only one i liked was Asylum.

Dax
Site Admin

September 15th, 2016, 6:41 am #4

Subtitle might be 'My Roanoake Nightmare'. Looks that way, but it wasn't immediately following the AHS, and the main titles were at the end, and without images to go with them...

Cast
-
Kathy Bates -- Agnes Mary Winstead (played Thomasyn White, The Butcher, in 'My Roanoke Nightmare')
Sarah Paulson -- Audrey Tindall (played Shelby Miller) / Lana Winters (2, 'Asylum') in finale
Cuba Gooding Jr. -- Dominic Banks (played Matt Miller)
Lily Rabe -- Shelby Miller
André Holland -- Matt Miller
Denis O'Hare -- William Van Henderson (played Dr. Elias Cunningham)
Wes Bentley -- Dylan (played Ambrose White)
Evan Peters -- Rory Monahan (played Edward Philippe Mott)
Cheyenne Jackson -- Sidney Aaron James
and Angela Bassett -- Monet Tumusiime (played Lee Harris)

Out from 5's Main Cast - Matthew Bomer, Chloe Sevigny, Lady Gaga.
New to the show - Gooding, Holland.
Back after only making quick guest spots in 4 & 5 - Rabe.
-
Paulson, Evans, and Rabe have been in all six seasons.
O'Hare skipped Season 2, but has been in the rest.
Bates and Bassett joined in 3 and have stayed.
Bentley was in 4 & 5.
Jackson was in 5.
-
Recurring -
Lady Gaga from Season 5.
Leslie Jordan from Season 3.
Frances Conroy from Seasons 1-4.
Robin Weigert from Season 2.
Finn Wittrock from Seasons 4 & 5.
Taissa Farmiga from Seasons 1 & 3.
Matt Bomer from Seasons 4 & 5 (uncredited voiceover in the finale, narrating 'Crack'd').

-

Heh. OJ and Marcia Clark are a couple...

I'm intrigued. Not the usual over-the-top. Kinda the spookiest it has ever been, I think...

But it wasn't a lot to go on...
Last edited by Dax on November 21st, 2016, 2:10 am, edited 12 times in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

September 15th, 2016, 8:15 pm #5

I really really like the Asylum one, because the terrifying thing was that shit like this really happened in those days. I have never finished any other season except for that one although I record the mall I've watched two or three and then just given up. Last season was just too weird. I have this one recorded so maybe we'll check it out tonight or soon. I was kind of over Jessica Lange but I'm glad bates is still around

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

September 16th, 2016, 3:03 pm #6

LOL ... we are slow. I said to Chris 'that guy looks like Cuba Gooding Jr.' and Chris said no when they showed André Holland. Then we realized they had different people doing re-enactments.

Intrigued, little spooked out, and definitely in for the season. It's a family show we watch during the day. LOL ... we are all big wimps.

Liked that it took place in NC. Know all the areas they are talking about except the exact location of the house. House is beautiful but way too big and not for me. I would have run the minute I saw the neighbors.

Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

September 16th, 2016, 5:33 pm #7

House is freakin' creepy.

I had a dvr oops... thought I'd been set for South Park/AHS at 10, and a re-air of Mr. Robot later... stopped whatever it was I was watching around 9:50, playing my facebook game, planning to watch AHS close-to-'live'... but I look up at 10:10 and 'oh, fuck, it's not recording' and I was on the wrong channel... well, I don't want to wait 'til 11 for the re-air, I shouldn't stay up 'til 12, tired, school tomorrow... so I jumped in after the first commercial, and it took a second to... wait, that's Rabe, not Paulson...

Think this one is set to only be 10 parts, instead of 12 or 13 as before... so if it sucks, well, it's shorter, so that's good...

I liked the premiere. Anxious to see more people...

I like Adina Porter (True Blood) a lot, as Bassett's counterpart.

-

Paulson's Billie Dean character foreshadowed the season with this speech in 1.11 - “It’s difficult to banish a spirit, but not impossible. The most successful attempt that I know of happened when America was known as the New World… In 1590, on the coast of what we now know as North Carolina, the entire colony of Roanoke — all 117 men, women, and children — died inexplicably. It became known as the Ghost Colony because the spirits remained. They haunted the native tribes living in the surrounding area, killing indiscriminately. The elder knew he had to act. He cast a banishment curse. First, he collected the personal belongings of all the dead colonists. Then he burned them. The ghosts appeared, summoned by their talismans. But before the spirits could cause them any more harm, the elder completed the curse that would banish the ghosts forever. By uttering a single world… the same word found carved on a post at the abandoned colony: Croatoan.” (EW recap typed that up, not me...)
Last edited by Dax on September 16th, 2016, 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

September 16th, 2016, 9:00 pm #8

We will probably try it out Sunday night. I like creepy but I thought the last one was very bizarre.

Dax
Site Admin

September 30th, 2016, 5:53 am #9

Leslie Jordan was in three episodes of Season 3. Different character, though his guy here, Cricket, name-checked being from New Orleans...

Jennifer Lynch directed this one (#3). Angela Bassett will direct #6.

Still dunno who Peters or Jackson are playing.

Wish they'd done an opening credits sequence - they've always been so good...
Last edited by Dax on September 30th, 2016, 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

September 30th, 2016, 2:33 pm #10

This season has bored me so far.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.