Forum rules
Board Guidelines 1 - We ask that you do not insult, ridicule or threaten other posters, old or new that they may be. Also, please, do not spam :)

2 - We ask that whenever you wish to write about later parts of a game, you apply the spoiler tags to said text. Especially if it is something about the game's story, bosses, puzzles or items.

In the help forums however, it is not required to use spoiler tags for anything except the game's story.
Failure to do so may result in warning, suspension or banning; depending on the number of times this happened, the severity of the violation (such as describing the game's ending) and possible maliciousness of the violator.

Alternatively, you may create a topic with the words *spoilers for "game(s) name"* in its title. That will exempt everybody from using spoiler tags in that thread for spoilers about said game. However know that said thread may not be modded, unless specifically requested for a violation of these rules.

3 - Due to the high level and frequency of malicious spam bots posting in the forum, registration is required to post replies in any of our forums.

Zelda URA Project and more

August 26th, 2010, 2:19 am #1

Sorry its been a while guys since I've been here, been real busy with work and only having a small amount of time online, but I'm back. :)
I think I mentioned I've been working on the URA Zelda project for about 5-6 months now and released a sneak peak trailer of it back a couple months. I thought I would share it with you guys and share a couple of my other out of boredom 3D modeling/hacking. :)

Zelda URA Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNDcdSdjIUs

Zelda ALTTP Maps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT8YxBm1gK8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0IvvzMGvs8

coinilius
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums
coinilius
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums

August 26th, 2010, 3:20 am #2

Cool to see you posting those here, Zeth - like the spiritual stone cutscene in the other thread, I've been watching the URA trailer and your other videos on youtube already.

Also, some of those ALttP tiles actually make for interesting textures - I remember someone trying an ALttP texture pack for OoT a couple of years back but it didn't look anywhere near as good.
"You must be talking about Heaven... or the moon."

"It's a dog eat dog world... and there's not enough dog to go around."

SmashManiac
Oracle
Oracle

August 26th, 2010, 4:43 am #3

Love the pyramid WIP and the Twilight Princess graveyard.

Keep up the good work! B)

Duke Serkol
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums
Duke Serkol
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums

August 26th, 2010, 3:02 pm #4

Really impressive Zeth, can you tell us something about that building where you fight those Dinolfos? Is that something that was left over in the game or is it born of speculation?
Loved the music too, though I imagine it's not going to be in the game. What's the name?

And what's up with the Japanese Triforce logo?

Lastly, the ALttP and TP in OoT videos where certainly loltastic, especially the choice to place Young Link in the TP one. Made it all the more evident how humongous TP is compared to OoT.

coinilius
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums
coinilius
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums

August 26th, 2010, 3:30 pm #5

When I watched the trailer, I was thinking the room with the Dinolfos was probably ment to be a Sky Temple or TP style Temple of Time.

August 26th, 2010, 9:59 pm #6

Duke Serkol,Aug 26 2010 wrote:Really impressive Zeth, can you tell us something about that building where you fight those Dinolfos? Is that something that was left over in the game or is it born of speculation?
Loved the music too, though I imagine it's not going to be in the game. What's the name?

And what's up with the Japanese Triforce logo?

Lastly, the ALttP and TP in OoT videos where certainly loltastic, especially the choice to place Young Link in the TP one. Made it all the more evident how humongous TP is compared to OoT.
The building with the Dinolfos is a custom dungeon that is still in the works for the URA Project, it is the wind temple, one of the 3 new dungeons being added to the game.

The Trailer music is called Audiomachine - League Of Darkness.

The Japanese Triforce Logo is the URA Project's Title screen logo as of currently, we decided to follow a design based from Kamigami no Triforce but with a more updated design.

And the design of TP was insanely big and I had to even cut away some parts just to get that map to load cause of how much geometry there is so the game wouldn't freeze up. Though it still surprises me how much the N64 game engine can handle.

Duke Serkol
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums
Duke Serkol
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums

August 26th, 2010, 11:45 pm #7

ZethAlkar64,Aug 26 2010 wrote:The building with the Dinolfos is a custom dungeon that is still in the works for the URA Project, it is the wind temple, one of the 3 new dungeons being added to the game.
Of these three dungeons, can you tell us if there is anything other than the name that was recovered from leftover data and/or beta screens?
I imagine the design (both looks and layout) for one is completely made up, right?
ZethAlkar64,Aug 26 2010 wrote:The Japanese Triforce Logo is the URA Project's Title screen logo as of currently, we decided to follow a design based from Kamigami no Triforce but with a more updated design.
I understand the triangles hold the kanji for Power, Wisdom and Courage and that underthe logo it the game's name. What of the rest?
ZethAlkar64,Aug 26 2010 wrote:it still surprises me how much the N64 game engine can handle.
'tis made of awesome ;)
Last edited by Duke Serkol on August 26th, 2010, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coinilius
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums
coinilius
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums

August 27th, 2010, 12:31 am #8

I'm really excited about all this Zelda 64 hacking that seems to be going on at the moment - is there a N64 hacking forum where you (and others) post at, Zeth? Or a blog for your projects or anything? I was looking for Zelda 64 hacks and hacking recently, but couldn't really find any where that seemed to be all that active.

I'm guessing one of the other temples is going to be an Ice Temple (based on the beta medallions from OoT).

August 27th, 2010, 1:15 am #9

Good to see someone else is doing a beta OOT as Unseen's seems to have no more progress being done on it. Good work!

August 29th, 2010, 9:10 am #10

Duke Serkol,Aug 27 2010 wrote:
ZethAlkar64,Aug 26 2010 wrote:The building with the Dinolfos is a custom dungeon that is still in the works for the URA Project, it is the wind temple, one of the 3 new dungeons being added to the game.
Of these three dungeons, can you tell us if there is anything other than the name that was recovered from leftover data and/or beta screens?
I imagine the design (both looks and layout) for one is completely made up, right?
There really isn't anything left from the dungeons that were taken out, only a few screenshots of a dungeon that was removed completely(The Temple of Wood), others are only mentioned in a brief moment. The dungeon of the Wind temple, its storyline and design is being thought up by me and the Team as with the other dungeons. I am hoping to do a restoration of the temple of wood.

@coinilius - Thanks for the support and I do run a website of my own which is where a lot of the N64 hacking community is along with my projects and other people who do hack the N64 games. You can find it here:
Site:
http://www.the-gcn.com/

Forums
http://core.the-gcn.com/

Forewarning we do have an email/admin approval system, so just let me know what your username is if you sign up and I'll approve it right away. ;)

@MasterOfPuppets - Our project is also supported by unseen64 just we don't update them constantly as a lot unless we have some real ground breaking stuff to show off to them. Just to make sure we are clear, we are not associated with the other Zelda beta teams of unseen and our project is not restoring Zelda64 but some elements from OOT's Prerelease while adding custom content. :3
Last edited by ZethAlkar64 on August 29th, 2010, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.