Duke apparently had me realize that I'm not very clear on my own instructions for loading ROMs using these emulators, so I will make a new thread for this to draft something I hope will be useful for the rest of the community.
My first guide is for loading what seem to be "clean" BS-X Live Broadcast ROMs into SNESGT. These may not apply to "hacked" ROMs, such as our BS Zelda hacks, if they were hacked for support for emulators which did not perform BS-X functions. This has, however, been tested to work with the following ROMs:
1) The "Original" .sfc file of BS Zelda Map 1, Week 3.
2) All three BS Tantei Club weeks
3) BS Excitebike: Bun Bun Mario Stadium
4) the Live Broadcast BS F-Zero games (Although they still have a "Cannot clear a lap" glitch, which makes score accumulating impossible.)
5) BS Fire Emblem Akanea Senki Hen (Note that the original ROM has some behaviors which the hacks, which allow the games to run in other emulators, do not. For example, if your Lord is killed, the game reverts to the previous turn, rather than a complete reset.)
6) BS Marvelous (actually, at this point I've only checked Week 1 of Time Athletic course. IU assume the rest will have similar results, though. Tell me if it turns out different.)
The only Live Broadcast ROM that still does not work in it's original dump that I have tested of note is the BS Zelda AST originals.
Anyway, here it is.
First, you get SNESGT's and boot it up. If you don't know where to get SNESGT, then, uh, Google it? Oh, geez, do I have to do everyhting for you? Oh, wait, it's a step-by-step guide, of course I do! Well, here's the site!
Now read the rest when you've booted it up.
Before loading a BS-X ROM, you go to Options - > Settings. It should pop up a settings screen. Look to the left of it.
- > There, click on "BS" and you'll see this menu. This is specifically for BS-X games.
The most important things to do here are to check "Use BSX-ROM" and have a BS-X BIOs linked to in the "BSX-ROM file". The BS-X BIOs is the very BIOs we have hosted in the BS Zelda Shrine. If this BIOs does not work for you, you may have to remove it's ROM header, but since I do not know if it's necessary for SNESGT (it -IS- for BSNES), I'll wait for my BSNES ROM load tutorial for more on that.
The other settings are to customize your experience. Out of preference, set the clock to the beginning of the hour, so that you see the entirety of the game's Live Broadcast. 7 minutes in may work for BS Zelda, but for BS Tantei Club and BS F-Zero, segments will be skipped.
"Boot from BS-X ROM" is for Download games and Magazines, as opposed to Live broadcast games. Note that some download games will not boot in this mode, and need to play without it.
"Save BSX Sram separately" makes individual sram saves for each BS-X game, as opposed to lumping them in a single file. For episodic live broadcast games, you might want this UN-checked so that data can more seamlessly transfer over.
After all these settings are configured, load a BS-X ROM as if it was a standard ROM file, and it should boot. Double check these instructions if it doesn't. If you still have questions, ask me them here, and I'll consider them when revising this.
BSNES download game ROM-loading and Slotted Cartridge ROM loading will be next.
BTW, for a bit of a random observation, here's why the un-hacked AST does not work.
These corrupt graphics physically block your movement. For now, stick to our hack. :(