Forum rules
Board Guidelines 1 - We ask that you do not insult, ridicule or threaten other posters, old or new that they may be. Also, please, do not spam :)

2 - We ask that whenever you wish to write about later parts of a game, you apply the spoiler tags to said text. Especially if it is something about the game's story, bosses, puzzles or items.

In the help forums however, it is not required to use spoiler tags for anything except the game's story.
Failure to do so may result in warning, suspension or banning; depending on the number of times this happened, the severity of the violation (such as describing the game's ending) and possible maliciousness of the violator.

Alternatively, you may create a topic with the words *spoilers for "game(s) name"* in its title. That will exempt everybody from using spoiler tags in that thread for spoilers about said game. However know that said thread may not be modded, unless specifically requested for a violation of these rules.

3 - Due to the high level and frequency of malicious spam bots posting in the forum, registration is required to post replies in any of our forums.

Some improvement file(s)

ReyVGM
Guardian Spirit
Guardian Spirit
ReyVGM
Guardian Spirit
Guardian Spirit

February 27th, 2011, 7:32 pm #1

I made some improvements to the background of the results screen.

The "BS" the background is not really black, but semi transparent. Plus, the font is thicker. Also, the "BS" has some king of faint yellowish aura but I wasn't able to recreate it because I suck at photoshop. The "Zelda" title is not red but light orangy. I'm going to leave that for another day.

Anyone, here's the pic in case someone updates the Restoration Patch.

I'll post more stuff later.

Last edited by ReyVGM on February 27th, 2011, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReyVGM
Guardian Spirit
Guardian Spirit
ReyVGM
Guardian Spirit
Guardian Spirit

February 27th, 2011, 8:21 pm #2

Here's one with a more accurate border.

ReyVGM
Guardian Spirit
Guardian Spirit
ReyVGM
Guardian Spirit
Guardian Spirit

February 27th, 2011, 9:47 pm #3

God, what's the deal with the edit button? Why does it disappear?

Anyway, here's the first results screen completely translated and as close to the original as possible:

SmashManiac
Oracle
Oracle

February 27th, 2011, 10:35 pm #4

It's good that you're trying to improve my background tile, but I can't even see the difference. Can you put them side-by-side (original, mine, yours)? Also I'm pretty sure I had the correct orange tone for the Zelda part, but I wouldn't be surprised if you used a reference picture from a different week with slightly different colors (caused by bad video quality).

As for your translated results screen, I like it a lot but I'm sure it's going to confuse everybody if we add it into the restoration hack.

And yes, the Edit button disappears after a while. :(
Last edited by SmashManiac on February 27th, 2011, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReyVGM
Guardian Spirit
Guardian Spirit
ReyVGM
Guardian Spirit
Guardian Spirit

February 27th, 2011, 10:49 pm #5

Sure. The difference is not a lot. I just made the "BS" a bit more transparent and thicker instead of plain black. (Because it doesn't look black in the videos)

I did not put the faint yellowish aura the "BS" word has in the original because I could not figure out how to do it. Also, I improved the border by adding a second lower orange one like the original. Plus a faint shadow-border in the inside.

*The differences are almost indistinguishable unless you zoom the image or put it next to a dark background.

Also, congrats on doing the titles. I would have not been able to figure out that's what it said from that low quality video.

As for confusing people, well... that's how the original is, so all you are doing is being true to it. In my opinion, you can leave the more normal results screen for other patches.
Last edited by ReyVGM on February 27th, 2011, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReyVGM
Guardian Spirit
Guardian Spirit
ReyVGM
Guardian Spirit
Guardian Spirit

February 27th, 2011, 10:56 pm #6

Oh yeah, I also have correct translations courtesy of a professional translator. The ending text is nowhere near to what the actual ending says.

Duke Serkol
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums
Duke Serkol
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums

February 27th, 2011, 11:02 pm #7

A professional translator?

Think they'd be up to tackling the voice acting? (It's a hefty task, I know)

SmashManiac
Oracle
Oracle

February 27th, 2011, 11:14 pm #8

Adding an original screenshot.

Things different that I notice based on your pictures:
- The BS font is too thin in mine.
- The BS color is too dark in mine and too light in yours.
- The BS border is just a little too pale in mine and missing in yours.
- The horizontal lines are completely missing in yours.

For the shading around the letters, I used font antialiasing over a different-colored background.

Also, I'm using Paint.NET.
bszelda_kanji.doc (68.5 KiB)

ReyVGM
Guardian Spirit
Guardian Spirit
ReyVGM
Guardian Spirit
Guardian Spirit

February 27th, 2011, 11:40 pm #9

Duke: I think that's way too much :P

He does me favors sometimes, but it's usually just a few lines/paragraphs. Have you tried asking at Romhacking.net? Or maybe splitting the text between several translators?

Here's his translation (credit to jonny2x4) from the narration after the 4th week is over (after beating Ganon):

Announcer: "The time for Hyrule to vanish has come. The adventure ends here."
Elderly voice: "How was it, brave hero? Did you have any fun? A password will be shown on the result screen. Write it down and remember it. A magnificent present is waiting for you next time. Don't take too long before the screen disappears. Until next time."

SmashManiac:

Yeah, mine has faults too. I just used yours as a base and tried to clean up as much as I could a screenshot of the original video to see the stuff you missed. The results screen I posted is just one of two. I haven't done the results screen with the 8 trifoce yet.

-I increased the thickness of the font because it seems the original is thicker. Mine is still not as thick as the original.
-I guess we'll never figure out the true color unless clearer videos surface.
-Yeah, I couldn't do the BS border. It looks it's some kind of yellowish border, but every test I did looked horrible. So I just left it alone.
-Oh god, I thought those horizontal lines were product of scanlines. I'll see if I can add them then.

BSZelda1_3_3flv_snapshot_1607__20110227_180204_.jpg

SmashManiac
Oracle
Oracle

February 28th, 2011, 2:07 am #10

My point was to show how both tiles could be improved into one über-tile. :)