Forum rules
Board Guidelines 1 - We ask that you do not insult, ridicule or threaten other posters, old or new that they may be. Also, please, do not spam :)

2 - We ask that whenever you wish to write about later parts of a game, you apply the spoiler tags to said text. Especially if it is something about the game's story, bosses, puzzles or items.

In the help forums however, it is not required to use spoiler tags for anything except the game's story.
Failure to do so may result in warning, suspension or banning; depending on the number of times this happened, the severity of the violation (such as describing the game's ending) and possible maliciousness of the violator.

Alternatively, you may create a topic with the words *spoilers for "game(s) name"* in its title. That will exempt everybody from using spoiler tags in that thread for spoilers about said game. However know that said thread may not be modded, unless specifically requested for a violation of these rules.

3 - Due to the high level and frequency of malicious spam bots posting in the forum, registration is required to post replies in any of our forums.

Happy Zelda-Ween!!

Tuf Pic
Oracle
Oracle

5:12 PM - Oct 07, 2009 #1

Sorry it took me a bit too long to get around to this...

Any ideas for our Zelda-themed Halloween celebration, anyone?! :stalfos: :cthulhu:

EDIT: Do you think that I should start some threads about SPOOKY characters in Zelda?!

Such as the Poe Wierdo, the Poe Sisters, Dampe, &/or the Beta OOT Graveyard?!
Last edited by Tuf Pic on 5:39 PM - Oct 07, 2009, edited 1 time in total.
My Viewpoints wrote:"Nothing you can say will ever convince me that the Zelda, Link & Impa of OOTURA, ALTTPGBA, SC2, BSLOZ, & OOX are different characters, or that Link isn't part Kokiri, FOR SOME Zelda Universes and that the mangas aren't canon FOR SOME alternate realities."

Terra Branford
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums
Terra Branford
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums

6:40 PM - Oct 07, 2009 #2

I'm not one for Halloween, but you could make posts in THIS thread about the "spooky" characters in the series. Feel free to do that here. Just... try not to spread it all over the place, yeah?
I'm officially retired from beta testing, and resign my duties to those who have the time to do it.

Conn
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums
Conn
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums

7:26 PM - Oct 07, 2009 #3

Since the forum seems to be dead without duke, and so the projects (anybody out there... :huh: ) I welcome every bullshit ;)

MadHatter
Oracle
Oracle

9:15 PM - Oct 07, 2009 #4

My countdown of top 10 spookiest characters in the Zelda series:

10. Lenzo The Pictographer from Wind Waker. What is he hiding? And why does he need dirt on every citizen on the island? He's clearly up to no good.

9. Skullkids. All I have to say is "Everyone that goes there becomes lost. They all become Stalfos. Everyone, Stalfos."

8. The Gorman Brothers from Majora's Mask. These guys are sinister. Seriously sinister.

7. Old school Iron Knuckles (when you have no throwing-sword). They're mean, and they breed like roaches in the dungeon depths. The only way to kill them is to get them in the back or sides. Only problem: they move almost completely erratically. Modern Iron Knuckles are a joke in comparison. The real modern equivalent is palace guards that you have to sneak around. (And a tie for 5th place: Ceiling masters, and floor masters. Out from nowhere...)

6. Like-likes. You think you're going to slip past them, but it never works. As soon as the tail-end of your cloak touches them, BAM! Shield is gone. (Special mention here as it's tied for 6th: Gannon-shaped overworld shadows in The Adventure of Link. You always think you can outrun them. You're always wrong.)

5. Ooccoos from Twilight Princess. What the heck are these guys? They live in a land of MC Escher, they look like harpies, and they mainly look dead.

4. Re-deads. I'm not even going to go into it, but there's got to be laws against what they do to young Link...

3. The Happy Mask-salesman in Majora's Mask. He seems all nice and friendly, but doesn't he seem a little overly smiley? Why? He goes completely psycho on you at one point.

2. The Miniboss of Shadow-Temple in Ocarina of Time. This is like Ooccoo if Ooccoo had 20 rotting arms, a re-dead's freezing scream, and wanted to EAT you.

and the number 1 most spooky character from the Legend of Zelda Series...

1. The MOON in Majora's Mask!!! That's by far the creepiest thing in any Zelda ever. I love it!

Am I missing anything?
Last edited by MadHatter on 9:16 PM - Oct 07, 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Conn
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums
Conn
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums

9:09 AM - Oct 08, 2009 #5

Yes, tingle - he's the most spooky character (=>

coinilius
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums
coinilius
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums

3:07 AM - Oct 11, 2009 #6

Majora's Mask in general was full of spooky elements.

I'm surprised there aren't more LoZ halloween costumes available - I just did a quick check on google and couldn't really come up with anything that weren't homemade.
"You must be talking about Heaven... or the moon."

"It's a dog eat dog world... and there's not enough dog to go around."

Tuf Pic
Oracle
Oracle

10:54 PM - Oct 11, 2009 #7

Thanks for all the feedback, guys...

I'm surprised no-one mentioned the Theresa/Poe Sisters, the "Poe Wierdo", &/or Dampe...

Now *THOSE WERE SOME SPOOKY CHARACTERS!!* :stalfos:

Dampe was especially SPOOKY in the ADULT HALF OF THE GAME...
Last edited by Tuf Pic on 10:55 PM - Oct 11, 2009, edited 1 time in total.
My Viewpoints wrote:"Nothing you can say will ever convince me that the Zelda, Link & Impa of OOTURA, ALTTPGBA, SC2, BSLOZ, & OOX are different characters, or that Link isn't part Kokiri, FOR SOME Zelda Universes and that the mangas aren't canon FOR SOME alternate realities."

Tuf Pic
Oracle
Oracle

8:33 PM - Oct 31, 2009 #8

Who's your FAVORITE SPOOKY CHARACTER(S) IN ZELDA?!

Mine are the Poe Sisters & Dampe... :stalfos:

Duke Serkol
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums
Duke Serkol
Hero of Forums
Hero of Forums

9:58 PM - Oct 31, 2009 #9

Do enemies count?
I'd say the Re-deads, no contest.

Tuf Pic
Oracle
Oracle

3:41 PM - Nov 01, 2009 #10

Duke Serkol,Oct 31 2009 wrote:Do enemies count?
I'd say the Re-deads, no contest.

^SECONDED!!^ ;) Now *THOSE* were some *SPOOKY CHARACTERS*... :stalfos:

& yes, I realize this is a bit late for Halloween & all, but still... *YAWNS*...

Can we count the The Mexican Day of the Dead, &/or other similar holidays?!