Why Aren't There Any Photos of Bruce Lee and George Lazenby Together?

May 23rd, 2018, 1:54 pm #1

In all of my conversations, debates, discussions, over the years regarding "the last days" of Bruce Lee, one fact comes clearly to the forefront; there aren't ANY photos of Lee and Lazenby together, during that last week or so of his life. Strange to me because this was often mentioned as a new turn for Bruce, having one time James Bond in the graces for a possible upcoming film.

Or, is this really TRUE at all?

Yes, Lazenby was in town, yes he met Chow and possibly Lee... He did later end up starring in 3 GH films, but nothing with Lee. I'm not so certain now, after looking at what's right in front of you. Bruce Lee was thinking of LEAVING HK. Period. He may not have even entertained anything with Lazenby but may have wanted to leave him with Chow as he left for Hollywood. A 'PEACE OFFERING '.

Thoughts?

May 23rd, 2018, 5:15 pm #2

There are very few photos of Lee at all during the last week of his life. Lazenby spent 4 days with Bruce mostly at his home. So it doesn't surprise me there aren't any photos of them together, at least photos that have been published. There might be one or two photos in private collectors.
"All type of knowledge ultimately means self-knowledge"

May 23rd, 2018, 6:20 pm #3

While in HK the boss of either the Kanetanake restaurant (in Mirama Hotel) or Restaurant Yamato (now called Osaka restaurant) had taken photos of Lazenby with Bruce and Raymond Chow when they went there for meals before 20th July. The Japanese boss was a huge fan of 007 films and when he knew that Lazenby came to his restaurant, he was so happy to take photos and got his autograph (strange, Lazenby never mention about this or had he forgotten?) The boss had returned to Japan some years later and might have passes away now. Nobody has his news. I've not seen these photos and would only believe when I see them. If they do exist, then they may be the last batch of photos taken before Bruce's passing.

May 23rd, 2018, 7:51 pm #4

I'm surprised that there isn't even a single polaroid of Bruce with Lazenby and Chow in Andre Morgan's office during that final morning. My line of thinking is that if Bruce could reject a chance to star alongside Sophia Loren, then a has-been (or should that be a never-was) like Lazenby could easily be shown the door whence he came.

It would appear that Jhoon Rhee was to be the parting gift; with Angela Mao's cameo in ETD essentially being another example of Bruce giving Chow a seed to plant. I honestly think that Chow used Lazenby as a smokescreen to stop people from thinking about Bruce taking him to court.

Look at Stoner - Chow is one Hell of a psychopath to cast Wu Ngan as a gangster who injects Lazenby's Stoner in one scene, especially since Stoner is meant to be a cipher for Bruce when we see him (earlier on) get beaten unconscious in an alley before he's put in Betty's bed.

I'm glad that Fred Weintraub lived long enough to write a memoir that exposes Chow for the two-faced sociopath that he is. May I remind you of that 1994 HK video of Linda having a lapse of concentration when Chow wanted to kiss her on the cheek...

May 24th, 2018, 11:43 am #5

[quote="Hai_Tien"]
I'm surprised that there isn't even a single polaroid of Bruce with Lazenby and Chow in Andre Morgan's office during that final morning. My line of thinking is that if Bruce could reject a chance to star alongside Sophia Loren, then a has-been (or should that be a never-was) like Lazenby could easily be shown the door whence he came.

It would appear that Jhoon Rhee was to be the parting gift; with Angela Mao's cameo in ETD essentially being another example of Bruce giving Chow a seed to plant. I honestly think that Chow used Lazenby as a smokescreen to stop people from thinking about Bruce taking him to court.

Look at Stoner - Chow is one Hell of a psychopath to cast Wu Ngan as a gangster who injects Lazenby's Stoner in one scene, especially since Stoner is meant to be a cipher for Bruce when we see him (earlier on) get beaten unconscious in an alley before he's put in Betty's bed.

I'm glad that Fred Weintraub lived long enough to write a memoir that exposes Chow for the two-faced sociopath that he is. May I remind you of that 1994 HK video of Linda having a lapse of concentration when Chow wanted to kiss her on the cheek...

[/quote]

That looked more like her thinking “hope I can pull off this Cantonese I’m about to attempt”. But yes Chow is shady AF

May 24th, 2018, 4:00 pm #6

[quote="whytedragon"]That looked more like her thinking “hope I can pull off this Cantonese I’m about to attempt”. But yes Chow is shady AF
[/quote]

Whytedragon, you totally read that wrong. It had EVERYTHING to do with Chow, the Snake putting her in a most uncomfortable place by attempting to kiss her. The hatchet is far from buried. Linda got herself and children out of HK so fast after Bruce's death, he INSISTED she read that apologetic letter "blaming no one, other than 'natural causes, for Bruce's death'. " What a load of B.S.!!!! She has kept her end of the deal, not suggesting 'foul play' as a NORMAL person would, however, Brandon paid a grave price, under the auspicious inquiries he had begun to conduct, before being killed.

May 24th, 2018, 4:14 pm #7

[quote="JKD54"]
There are very few photos of Lee at all during the last week of his life. Lazenby spent 4 days with Bruce mostly at his home. So it doesn't surprise me there aren't any photos of them together, at least photos that have been published. There might be one or two photos in private collectors.
[/quote]

JKD54, understood. More probable than not. However, I'm opening the floor for discussion about truth here. What we were told all these years, and what's actually fact may be as far from one another as East is from West. If Chow and Lazenby's claims are to be believed, why no "Official" GH photo ops? This would have been great for the company, right? But, no... This was NOT the case, because I believe they've been lying all along. I do believe the remark once mentioned when Bruce was asked if he'd like to meet 'Jame Bond', who had arrived at their offices, he answered "No". Lee was in F-U mode those last days, and had revealed as much to associates in the States, by letter and phone conversations.

May 24th, 2018, 4:45 pm #8

Even if Bruce really did meet Lazenby then Chow could have used the fleeting meeting for at least one photo, which could be used on a poster to imply strong input - like what happened with the promotional materials for Fist of Unicorn (as seen below).

https://i.imgur.com/SqhLLAr.jpg

May 24th, 2018, 7:09 pm #9

Hai_Tien, which is why I think what we've been told over the years is complete bullocks. I wish there were a real truth teller to reveal what actually was going on. Too many lies for such simple matters. 

May 24th, 2018, 8:12 pm #10

It's interesting that Lazenby failed to publish his autobiography (The Other Man). He's been failing since 2012. Reading between the lines, it would appear that he couldn't convince himself (or his editor) to tell the Bruce story in a way that doesn't have plot holes.

sdog2006 (from Shaolin Chamber 36) said it best on this archived version of IMDB...

"Take my advice mate! Don't ask this guy about Bruce Lee!"

https://www.filmboards.com/board/p/2435888/