Tom's book

June 18th, 2018, 5:56 pm #1

Has anyone read it? I bought it out of curiosity not to offend Bruce or his family. It's not a nice read because he is disrespectful to Bruce but there are some "truths" and lots of conflicting evidence surrounding Bruce's death.

In one chapter he talks of Bruce taking a now banned medication called Darvon compound 65 which is a painkiller which contains aspirin, so the allergy theory is bullshit. However the only theory that could be plausible is Bruce was injecting cortisone and overuse of that can cause anorexia, sweats, brain enema etc.

I know after 40+ years discussing "how and why?" isnt going to bring Bruce back but I like solving puzzles. If hypothetically speaking Bruce was not poisoned as a lot of people say, then his death could've been a tragic one that may have been prevented.

I apologise if I have caused any offence to anyone.

June 18th, 2018, 5:58 pm #2

[quote="Justice Finder"]
Has anyone read it? I bought it out of curiosity not to offend Bruce or his family. It's not a nice read because he is disrespectful to Bruce but there are some "truths" and lots of conflicting evidence surrounding Bruce's death.

In one chapter he talks of Bruce taking a now banned medication called Darvon compound 65 which is a painkiller which contains aspirin, so the allergy theory is bullshit. However the only theory that could be plausible is Bruce was injecting cortisone and overuse of that can cause anorexia, sweats, brain edema etc.  

I know after 40+ years discussing "how and why?" isnt going to bring Bruce back but I like solving puzzles. If hypothetically speaking Bruce was not poisoned as a lot of people say, then his death could've been a tragic one that may have been prevented.

I apologise if I have caused any offence to anyone.
[/quote]

June 18th, 2018, 6:31 pm #3

The full book is on this forum - see link below. Tom Bleecker used to post on here. His screenplay "Tea Money" is loosely based on a poisoning theory regarding Bruce's death.

Unsettled Matters by Tom Bleecker

unsettled-matters-by-tom-bleecker-t341.html#p1588

June 18th, 2018, 7:00 pm #4

How did you find his book? I thought he seemed bitter and jealousy driven in parts.

June 20th, 2018, 6:25 pm #5

We know, or it's suggested, presumably from reports here and there that Bruce was taking:

o Doloxene - an opioid-like pain-killer;
o Dilantin - an anticonvulsant;
o Equagesic (or Meprobamate + aspirin) - a tranquilizer;
o Cortisone - anti-inflammatory;
o Other pain killers, including Darvon 65 (Dr Tanney);
o Napalese hash;
o Valium (alleged in one account) - strong tranquilizer;
o Diuretics;
o Oral Androgenics (alleged by three sources);
o Mannitol (in hospital);
o Phenobarbital (in hospital);
o Sake (alcohol).

Other things we don't know specifically, but are commonly taken:
o Sleeping medications (over the counter?);
o Chinese herbal preparations, possibly including stimulants like Ephedra;
o Caffeine (coffee or caffeine pills);

Alleged in relation to Betty T-P.
o Spanish-fly (allegedly provided by Betty Ting Pei, but not substantiated).

We just don't know the possible side-effects of any of these taken together (either accidentally or on purpose).

Though Bleecker's book may seem vindictive, it probably has many elements of truth.

June 20th, 2018, 9:23 pm #6

Cortisone cannot cause cerebral edema.
"All type of knowledge ultimately means self-knowledge"

June 20th, 2018, 9:41 pm #7

Justice Finder wrote: How did you find his book? I thought he seemed bitter and jealousy driven in parts.
Tom used to post on the forum. He gave me his book. 

viewtopic.php?f=256969&t=340&p=1564&hil ... ters#p1564

June 21st, 2018, 2:11 pm #8

[quote="JKD54"]
Cortisone cannot cause cerebral edema.
[/quote]

Here's a partial list of side effects of Cortisone:

[b]Serious Side Effects of Cortisone
[/b]You should get emergency medical treatment if you experience any signs of anaphylaxis, a severe allergic reaction that may include hives; difficulty breathing; or swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat.

You should call your doctor at once if you experience any of the following serious side effects of cortisone:

o Vision problems
o [b]Swelling[/b]

I'd say swelling of the face, tongue or throat makes it a possibility especially if taken in combination with other conditions and medications or if one develops an allergy to it.

I don't get the point of you - a non-MD - saying this.

BTW I was a Clinical Pathologist for 25 years, so I speak with some authority.

June 21st, 2018, 11:13 pm #9

You just confirmed what I pointed out. Cortisone does not cause cerebral edema, even as a side effect. If it was a side effect, even a possibility of a side effect, it would be listed as such.

I don't get the point of you playing authority games. I can read medical literature and look up drug side effects the same as everyone else. The facts are there for anyone to read, regardless of whether they are an MD or not.
"All type of knowledge ultimately means self-knowledge"

June 22nd, 2018, 4:02 pm #10

You may be right in the majority of cases corticosteroids treat edema, but sometimes they can exacerbate it.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 1217497868

We also don't know about the side effects or effects of drug interaction.