The last pictures taken of Bruce, circa July 10-20, 1973?

July 3rd, 2012, 9:00 pm #31

yes Nick , quite a long nap he had ......... or so Betty says !

Rick
Rick

July 4th, 2012, 1:12 am #32

That's where the post is at.

Rick

July 4th, 2012, 3:25 pm #33

yes Nick , quite a long nap he had ......... or so Betty says !
innit i think we can all guess what they were upto.

July 4th, 2012, 4:36 pm #34

Bruce's glasses got broken when he collapsed that night. They slipped them in his blue kimono for the funeral. Evidently, he had them on when he went down at Bettty's place. If you look at his forehead in the morgue pic, you can see an abrasion. I'd say his glasses caused the abrasion that's present. By the way, when the ambulance arrived, so did Betty's brother and mother to calm her down. She was hysterical. Dr. Yip and his party went to Queens to examine the body and when done, they went back to Betty's flat. No chance he was sleeping peacefully before he passed. Ting Pei said in a 2008 interview: "He died very suddenly."

Rick
Alot of the stuff you've written I have not read anywhere and didn't even know about

Its very very interesting indeed

Thanks

Rick
Rick

July 5th, 2012, 2:19 am #35

innit i think we can all guess what they were upto.
The first one was a Buddhist service and 30,000 people were present. The largest funeral Hong Kong ever had. Bruce was covered with white silk up to the chin. It was gray and distorted, despite the heavy makeup. They had his head and upper body resting lower down. His chin was close to his chest and you could see the swelling in his face. The top of the coffin was covered with glass, so no one could touch him. Later, the silk-lined folding door to the coffin was opened all the way, as seen in some photos. The Seattle funeral was private and they had him in the second coffin and wearing a new wig. He was laying opposite and they had his upper body resting higher up than in the first coffin and mourners could see his blue kimono, with his broken glasses in the suit. James Coburn said in 1993: "It looked like someone put a mask over his face."

Rick

July 5th, 2012, 6:45 pm #36

The B&W photos (2 of them) I've seen were taken just after midnight on July 21, by Dr. Yip and his police party at Queens' mortuary, shortly before the body was put in refrigeration (Langford drove over there, too). Remember that Yip (forensic expert for the Royal HKPD) and his party went from BTP's place to Queen's to examine the body. He said Lee's upper body was heavily swollen and he could see the surgical incision made on Lee's inner left temple that was for a blood transfusion (Dr. Mak in ER did this procedure). I noted this years ago and you can see the blood (dark spots) trapped under the skin on his temple. Also, Yip noted moderate bruises on Bruce's fingertips on both hands; the skin and nails on the upper part of the fingers got hit during the seizure in Betty's bedroom (no, there were no black fingernails from poisoning observed during the autopsy). Note for Nick; In Lycette's summary, he made a small mistake and typed "Inner aspect of the left ankle." That's incorrect..he meant left temple.

-Rick
Inner left temple? Not sure what you mean. And a blood transfusion in the left temple? Never heard of a transfusion there. You will have to explain that one to me.

As far as his finger tips being black/blue. When someone dies and they are not embalmed right away, the tips of the fingers (under the fingernails) will discolor due to the blood that is there. I have seen this happen dozens and dozens of times with people that were not embalmed close after death. Bruce was put on hold for 3 days, so I have no doubt this happened to him.

July 5th, 2012, 7:27 pm #37

It is terribly unfortunate the circumstances surrounding that fateful day/night for Lee. Even immediately after death, he was just left... alone.

Rick
Rick

July 6th, 2012, 1:35 am #38

Inner left temple? Not sure what you mean. And a blood transfusion in the left temple? Never heard of a transfusion there. You will have to explain that one to me.

As far as his finger tips being black/blue. When someone dies and they are not embalmed right away, the tips of the fingers (under the fingernails) will discolor due to the blood that is there. I have seen this happen dozens and dozens of times with people that were not embalmed close after death. Bruce was put on hold for 3 days, so I have no doubt this happened to him.
Hi Tom,

Dr. Yip made the observation and noted it at Queens just after 12 am. Bruce had died around 4 hours earlier. I don't know if any discoloration would set in that soon. Possibly. Just a note for you. As for the transfusion on the left temple, Yip correctly noted it and spoke of it at the September inquest. I'd imagine he spoke with Dr. Mak in ER, too. To know more, one would have to talk to Lee's doctors or someone with a medical background.

Rick

Rick
Rick

July 6th, 2012, 1:52 am #39

To do an IV for transfusion will deliver oxygen to the brain and through the body. I'd suspect they picked the temple because it was so close to his brain. Lee's arteries were dilating (lack of oxygen) from the edema that night.

Rick

Rick
Rick

July 6th, 2012, 2:20 am #40

...although Tom Bleecker told me the autopsy report made no mention of black finger tips from heavy metal poisoning (absent from Lee's bloodstream). Your explanation is accurate and I know of this when a person dies with no immediate embalming. In Lee's case, I agree with you 100%.

Rick