foreverOK
foreverOK

9:49 AM - Nov 08, 2015 #11

Yeh, I understand that, but 1/ my initial Q was whether had been approached or not, not his reaction 2/ I can half-agree with you whether he would have said yes or no, so will play angel's advocate: a/ while he would be playing 'second fiddle' to Roger Moore, if he had been in the movie he would have overshadowed Moore, just as Christopher Lee did. It's possible BL would have considered that it would be fun to play 'second fiddle' but still be the guy most people would watch, instead of Bond b/ to appear in a Bond film could have appealed to him. He was probably a Bond fan. Even just from a professional point of view, he would have studied the Bond films, just as he studied the other action films of the day. If I'm not mistaken (others can fill in on this) he grew up watching action movies in Hong Kong, as well as 'kung fu action comic books'/pulp fiction.
Just imagining his mind-set at that period: in HK of that time BL would sometimes appear unannounced on TV just for the fun of it. So let's assume the Bond producers approached him in 1972, when he was still somewhat relaxed and not the super pressures that would come later (again, I don't know when those super pressures started, but I would guess at the start of 1973). 'Hm,' he thought to himself, 'well, this could be fun to be in a Bond film. After all, I have fun just walking unannounced, unpaid on TV; why not do it for the fun of it?'
Finally, to be in a Bond film would still be something to add to his resume. Of course, one can argue that he didn't need that on his resume. But businesswise, it would be a good move. Bond fans who stilled weren't too acquainted with Bruce would see him in Bond. New fans would get their first look. To appear in a Bond film would be big publicity, at the minimum. I don't think it would tarnish his star. It would be like The Green Hornet. No one was looking at the Hornet, they were looking at Kato. Imagine Bruce being in the theatre watching 007 and Bruce. No one would be looking at Bond! That would be a big kick to Bruce.

11:33 PM - Nov 08, 2015 #12

Concerning the Green Hornet, clearly there weren't many people looking at either Kato or the Green Hornet as it lasted only 26 episodes.

12:41 PM - Jun 04, 2018 #13

Donnie Yen has a big ego, yet he was okay with having a supporting role in a Star Wars anthology film.

4:48 PM - Jun 04, 2018 #14

Believe me if Cubby or Harry wouldve wanted Lee in Golden Gun they would have mentioned it for sure in docus or books , no such info out there (Ive been a Bond fan for 30 yrs , I know my stuff)

4:51 PM - Jun 04, 2018 #15

Why do people poo poo Moore , he mustve done something right as he played Bond in 7 (!) films , the man deserves more cred imo

1st anniversary his death :(

5:08 AM - Jun 05, 2018 #16

[quote="Coliseum1972"]
Believe me if Cubby or Harry wouldve wanted Lee in Golden Gun they would have mentioned it for sure in docus or books , no such info out there (Ive been a Bond fan for 30 yrs , I know my stuff)
[/quote]

If the info was highly publicized, it would have made both Soon-Tek Oh and the film look bad. There would be reviews with lines like "Soon Tek-Oh is no substitute for the late great Lee." and "The choreography is no match for what Lee would have constructed."

For example, it wasn't publicized back in 1985 that Michael J. Fox was the first choice for Once Bitten. This is just as well since not only would it have been easier for critics to criticise the film as a poor man's Teen Wolf, but there would have been unfortunate comparisons made regarding box office.

Back to Bruce and Bond, The Man with the Golden Gun grossed $20 million dollars in the U.S. whereas the domestic take for ETD was 25 million.

8:33 PM - Jul 25, 2018 #17

when u look @ those list of movies BL was goin to do b4 he died
its funny to me that he was goin to hav all those same redundant TRiAD DUMMiES
in the background that he used in all his other films .......
one of the biggest flaws in his films was using those same stale manikins over & over
and he also used the same stale moves over & over in TV & movie scenes
( " FORMULAS " ) dont work well for fighting or movies ..........

( GREEN HORNET & WOTD )
throwing darts

( MARLOWE  & WOTD )
kick the ceiling light /

( FOF / CHiNESE CONNECTiON  & WOTD )
if u watch the fight scenes w the Russian ( Bob Baker )
and the fight scene w ( Chuck norris )
its almost all the same angles and moves

(  LONGSTREET & ETD & gOD )
@ 8:14 " how did it feel ....dont think "
@ 28:38 ENTER and climb the ( gOD ) JADE PAGODA movie theater staircase

5:02 PM - Jul 26, 2018 #18

same old running start side kick kicking someone or something
into a stack of boxes or people  ......

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/FutlYGOf9jA/hqdefault.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e1/86/48 ... 8b0934.jpg

https://m.media-amazon.com/images
/M/MV5BOTE1MjhkOWMtOWUyZS00MjIzLThlNTAtZGFiYzM2NmJiOGY1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ3NzIyNTQ@._V1_.jpg

11:18 PM - Jul 26, 2018 #19

^^ While you're talking running sidekick for me the most amazing move he did was kicking four boards taped together and held by a person unbraced but the top of the boards in that TV demo. It appears he broke them all. That's hard to do with four boards which are securely braced top and bottom by a couple of people holding them.

6:08 PM - Jul 30, 2018 #20

[quote="badger01j"]
^^ While you're talking running sidekick for me the most amazing move he did was kicking four boards taped together and held by a person unbraced but the top of the boards in that TV demo. It appears he broke them all. That's hard to do with four boards which are securely braced top and bottom by a couple of people holding them.
[/quote]

" BOARDS dont hit back " ...especially soft pine boards