Steve Kerridge

Steve Kerridge

December 8th, 2013, 10:44 pm #1

Not sure if anyone knew but there was a Art of Vengeance book launch today more or less right next to China Town in London. I think it was organised by Toby Russell and Steve Kerridge but the main thing was that they had the Bruce Lee - An inside look at Way of the Dragon Special Edition book there. It was a good event, felt quite old skool actually. Steve's a good guy telling me a couple of stories and signed my book as well. 1st event like this I've been to since 94.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 11th, 2013, 10:21 am #2

I WOULD LOVE TO BUY THE NEW SPECIAL EDITION"LEGENDS OF THE DRAGON" BUT I'M NOT PREPARED TO PAY POSTAGE OF £10 FOR IT!
ANYONE UNDERSTAND WHY HATE MEDIA SHOULD BE CHARGING THIS MUCH FOR POSTAGE HERE IN THE UK?
OH, IF ANYONE HAS INFO ON WHERE TO OBTAIN THE BOOK WITH A MORE FAIR POSTAGE CHARGE THEN PLEASE SAY WHERE,
THANKS GUYS.
DAVE B.

December 11th, 2013, 4:09 pm #3

I'm glad I got it from that event then. Seems kind of crazy to charge that much p&p for it. But then again if there is no other way of obtaining it I would go for it. It's really good quality book with excellent rare photo's and Bruce's handwritten notes for WOTD.

December 11th, 2013, 10:58 pm #4

Although i also got mine at launch in London, i can only guess some of that postage fee set by hate-media is due to the size and weight of the actual book. Unlike nearly all other Lee books i own, this one is hard bound and is a fair size and weight. Not having gone on the publishers site, ive no idea if the postage includes first class or next day delivery. Also like most companies, they will inflate the charges to gain maximum profits and turn over.

Im not trying to justify the high postage charge in any way but just thought id give my opinion. I can see how it would be off putting to some potential buyers. All i can say is the book is a very good quality product and im very happy to own it.

December 12th, 2013, 12:35 pm #5

Greg did you see the Bruce Lee Documentary that was shown? I missed cause I couldn't get there in time. Any good?

Dave B
Dave B

December 12th, 2013, 4:37 pm #6

Although i also got mine at launch in London, i can only guess some of that postage fee set by hate-media is due to the size and weight of the actual book. Unlike nearly all other Lee books i own, this one is hard bound and is a fair size and weight. Not having gone on the publishers site, ive no idea if the postage includes first class or next day delivery. Also like most companies, they will inflate the charges to gain maximum profits and turn over.

Im not trying to justify the high postage charge in any way but just thought id give my opinion. I can see how it would be off putting to some potential buyers. All i can say is the book is a very good quality product and im very happy to own it.
Thanx guys for your comments on how good the book is. I'm gonna throw "caution to the wind" and order it.
Cheers,
Dave B.

December 12th, 2013, 5:35 pm #7

Greg did you see the Bruce Lee Documentary that was shown? I missed cause I couldn't get there in time. Any good?
I did see the documentary. It was mainly a photo history of Bruce's life with a text narrative. No video footage was shown ( i can only presume due to copyright laws ) but did include a wealth of photo's and info on the life of Lee. Some of the photo's were, in my opinion having been a fan for nearly 33 years, very rare and probably i presume never been shown to the general public before. The music throughout was really good and the overall presentation was excellent.

It lacked the interviews and footage other documentaries have but made up for it with it being a well put together and informative little piece made by genuine Bruce Lee fans. This was only a part 1 of i presume a 2 part production. It covered Lee's life up top the point he was asked to do The Big Boss so part 2 should be something to really look forward to. Like i said to some one there at the time, this would make a really nice extra on a DVD or Blu Ray if that came about.

Well done Steve Kerridge, everyone at On The Fly productions and everyone else involved in it. A nice little documentary for the fans by the fans.

December 12th, 2013, 5:38 pm #8

Thanx guys for your comments on how good the book is. I'm gonna throw "caution to the wind" and order it.
Cheers,
Dave B.
Here's a short promo for it ....

December 12th, 2013, 8:39 pm #9

I did see the documentary. It was mainly a photo history of Bruce's life with a text narrative. No video footage was shown ( i can only presume due to copyright laws ) but did include a wealth of photo's and info on the life of Lee. Some of the photo's were, in my opinion having been a fan for nearly 33 years, very rare and probably i presume never been shown to the general public before. The music throughout was really good and the overall presentation was excellent.

It lacked the interviews and footage other documentaries have but made up for it with it being a well put together and informative little piece made by genuine Bruce Lee fans. This was only a part 1 of i presume a 2 part production. It covered Lee's life up top the point he was asked to do The Big Boss so part 2 should be something to really look forward to. Like i said to some one there at the time, this would make a really nice extra on a DVD or Blu Ray if that came about.

Well done Steve Kerridge, everyone at On The Fly productions and everyone else involved in it. A nice little documentary for the fans by the fans.
Oh ok. So it wasn't a major miss I guess. I was there for the Shaw brothers Documentary (can't remember the name) and some guys were going crazy when some of the old stars came on. Quite funny actually :)

December 12th, 2013, 8:47 pm #10

I stood directly behind the guy doing most of the shouting out during the Venoms doc. Funny and slightly irratating at the same time. I thought someone should employ him to do a DVD commentry :-)