Philip Callahan
Philip Callahan

June 3rd, 2015, 10:42 pm #111

ROCKFISH: In addition to his book THE SECRET POWER WITHIN, the following link is another example of Chuck Norris admitting that he sparred with Bruce Lee.

http://www.wnd.com/2007/01/39508/

In regards to Louis Delgado, he was one of the best point fighters of the late 60's/early 70's, and the last fighter to defeat Chuck Norris in a point tournament. Delgado does a kata demonstration and throws a series of kicks in the famous backyard videos taken at the Lee residence. Delgado moved from NY to LA in the late 60's and according to a 1969 article in Black Belt magazine, Bruce created a new training regiment for Louis. In this same article, Delgado mentions that he sparred against Lee and that the sessions were humbling. In a 1974 Fighting Stars magazine interview, Delgado stated that Lee was the "toughest man I've ever faced."

June 4th, 2015, 4:55 pm #112

Hey thanks for that article, never read that before, good stuff from Chuck. I'll have to read up on this cat Delgado.

Doleyman
Doleyman

June 4th, 2015, 5:51 pm #113

Bruce Lee in the Mix

Hope you like 'em...

Share 'em
Pretty good. What's the editing software you use?

June 4th, 2015, 11:44 pm #114

ROCKFISH: In addition to his book THE SECRET POWER WITHIN, the following link is another example of Chuck Norris admitting that he sparred with Bruce Lee.

In regards to Louis Delgado, he was one of the best point fighters of the late 60's/early 70's, and the last fighter to defeat Chuck Norris in a point tournament. Delgado does a kata demonstration and throws a series of kicks in the famous backyard videos taken at the Lee residence. Delgado moved from NY to LA in the late 60's and according to a 1969 article in Black Belt magazine, Bruce created a new training regiment for Louis. In this same article, Delgado mentions that he sparred against Lee and that the sessions were humbling. In a 1974 Fighting Stars magazine interview, Delgado stated that Lee was the "toughest man I've ever faced."
Found this on TMZ website.

Jackie Chan:

Bruce Lee Would Beat My Ass
... No Question, HE'S THE MASTER!

Bruce Lee vs. Jackie Chan ... it would've been more of a MAULING than a fight, so says Chan who tells TMZ Sports -- there's NO DOUBT Bruce was the superior fighter.
The two actually came face to face on the set of the '73 flick "Enter the Dragon" -- but that beatdown was scripted.
But when Chan hit the streets of Beverly Hills again Wednesday, he told us a real rumble would've gone exactly the same way.
There's more ... Chan also updates us with the status of "Rush Hour 4" ... and tells us that when it comes to doing his own stunts, he's toning it WAYYYYY down.
As Jackie put it, "I'm not young anymore."

Philip Callahan
Philip Callahan

June 5th, 2015, 12:48 am #115

Hey thanks for that article, never read that before, good stuff from Chuck. I'll have to read up on this cat Delgado.
ROCKFISH: Here ya go. Enjoy.

https://books.google.com/books?id=DHwyG ... ee&f=false

Bruce
Bruce

June 5th, 2015, 4:11 am #116

I thought I had most of the early issues of Fighting Stars but I don't remember one with Louis Delgado. Which issue was that? Perhaps you can remember the date of the issue or who's on the cover? Thanks.

Philip Callahan
Philip Callahan

June 6th, 2015, 5:51 am #117

BRUCE: I lost a portion of my book/magazine collection in a flood a few years back and that issue was one of the magazines that was destroyed. The year of the issue was 1974, Bruce Lee was on the cover, and the quote from Delgado was under a picture of Bruce and Van Williams on the beach. Hope this helps.

June 6th, 2015, 3:09 pm #118

It wouldn't happen to be this cover, would it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fighting-Stars- ... 35e8224472

Philip Callahan
Philip Callahan

June 6th, 2015, 11:37 pm #119

If memory serves, the cover art was a picture of Bruce in Enter The Dragon.

June 8th, 2015, 3:27 pm #120

Thanks, good article.