January 29th, 2018, 11:15 pm #11

Thanks to Jhoon Rhee Falls Church for uploading the video to YouTube and for Nick for posting the link here.

January 30th, 2018, 2:04 am #12

Thanks Nick. 1970 is kind of a quiet year for BL fans. No movies or TV shows, not much footage of anything from that year. Incidentally, May 10th, 1970 would be exactly three years before he collapsed in Hong Kong.
"All type of knowledge ultimately means self-knowledge"

January 30th, 2018, 11:37 am #13

so lots of time for training for him that year

January 30th, 2018, 5:43 pm #14

Thanks - I first heard about this when DT posted it on facebook so shared it here. Thanks to DT

That's about a month after his first HKTVB appearances (April 1970). Do you recognise the clothes?

Last edited by pathfinder73 on January 30th, 2018, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 30th, 2018, 8:51 pm #15

wow. ive never seen this before.

January 30th, 2018, 10:20 pm #16

Thanks - I first heard about this when DT posted it on facebook so shared it here. Thanks to DT

That's about a month after his first HKTVB appearances (April 1970). Do you recognise the clothes?

Good eye, Nick. Yup, same clothes.

Letter Bruce wrote to Linda from Hong Kong April 3, 1970

"Linda, Brandon wants to write you a poem again:“Hurray! Hurray! Today is May!”

We have just returned from the amusement park and Brandon Lee had a wonderful, wonderful time. He is enjoying himself tremendously and aside from forcing him to eat something, he has been a very good boy and everyone here loves him. I have devoted time for him daily, and he follows my mother “willingly.”

I’ll be appearing on two or three TV shows here in H.K. starting next week. Everyone here looks up to me. I also enjoy my stay here as I have the opportunity to talk to my friends (Mr. Tse, Mr. Ng, etc.) during the daily tea time. 28 That Greek wrote me and definitely requests me to teach him [for] a week in Paris. I can tell you one thing, it won’t be in the near future, I’m tired of traveling. Tonight I’ll begin my shaping up program at Mr. Shaw’s gym as I have to appear on TV this coming Tuesday [April 7th] I have been getting up early nowadays. This is mainly due to [the] time change and “me-me” boy. I’m looking forward very much to return home. Though Brandon does not show it (toys, playing around, etc., etc.)

I’m sure he is looking forward to being with you. He has taken me to be the “me-me” target. Father and son are both enjoying our togetherness and definitely looking forward to your joining us soon. Keep well, my love to you and my little girl Shannon.

Love, Bruce"

Letters of the Dragon: An Anthology of Bruce Lee's Correspondence with Family, Friends, and Fans 1958-1973 (Bruce Lee Library) Tuttle Publishing.

"All type of knowledge ultimately means self-knowledge"

February 10th, 2018, 5:29 pm #17

wow. ive never seen this before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnFalv7GwHE

February 12th, 2018, 1:14 pm #18

It's great to see fuller version of the old footage. I hope there will be more and more films from various exhibitions and tournaments in future.
Thanks