Question for Steve Kerridge re:Southern Fist, Northern Leg

Question for Steve Kerridge re:Southern Fist, Northern Leg

Rod Millbury
Rod Millbury

September 11th, 2017, 1:37 pm #1

Hi Steve,

I'm wondering if you know much about the script for SFNL? Many years back, Bey Logan claimed to have lost a copy that was given to him by John Little. At the time Bey said that the script read "moreJohn little than Bruce Lee". Also, it's a bit suspicious that he would lose something as valuable as this, but hey, these things happen.

I was wondering how much you know about this project? And if so can you describe the basic storyline besides what we know (ie the beginning narration that we have of Bruce talking about the seeker who goes from place to place asking "what is the truth in martial arts?")

A few people have said they believe it to be very similar to The Silent Flute...

Best,

Rod

September 11th, 2017, 5:45 pm #2

I have the script for SFNL and yes there are similarities with SF for sure. But what we have to realise is that Bruce's concept of the martial artist on a quest for enlightenment was an idea he had been playing around with for many years, the martial artist of whom adapts, and of course this came up with Game of Death.

SK

Rod Millbury
Rod Millbury

September 11th, 2017, 6:41 pm #3

Can you share the synopsis of the storyline? I would love to know more about this project.

The character's names and the basic story etc?

This would be great to share book form or for an upcoming BL forever magazine, eh?

September 22nd, 2017, 12:34 am #4

Hello Steve,

This is wonderful news. This is the type of stuff we need as fans--at least--if we cant get footage, we might as well have scripts. Do you plan to share this in an upcoming project? Just curious, how many pages is the script? Do the similarities with SF have to do with the different fighters and mirror ending? Also wondering, is this the same script that Bey Logan spoke of that was given to him by John Little?

On another note, I was wondering what happened with the warrior book you had advertised with George tan a few years back? is this still going to happen?

Thanks in advance for your time. Appreciate all your efforts.

Scott

p.s. I've had to post this message again as it's not allowing me to approve non-signed in member posts. Nick

Shang Chi
Shang Chi

October 5th, 2017, 6:43 pm #5

I have the script for SFNL and yes there are similarities with SF for sure. But what we have to realise is that Bruce's concept of the martial artist on a quest for enlightenment was an idea he had been playing around with for many years, the martial artist of whom adapts, and of course this came up with Game of Death.

SK
Steve, do you plan on releasing or sharing the script on this forum? Thx in advance

October 5th, 2017, 7:38 pm #6

I would rather the whole script be put into a nice book with background stories related to the script plus Lee's period photos. That would be an awesome one. I won't mind to pay for such a Lee's book for collection.
Why be so generous like LJF to share free in forum and get his research information ripped by other websites and sellers? LOL

Steve Sorkin
Steve Sorkin

October 6th, 2017, 2:17 pm #7

Interesting. If Mr. Kerridge put a book together with the full script I'm sure there would be manyin line to purchase copies. Since he doesn't seems to intent to do this, then I think it's legitimate to ask if he would share what he has--- after all he promotes himself as doing things "for the fans", no? His lack of response on this thread is revealing. That's not a dig per se, just an observation and I would love it if he proved me wrong.

Before anyone cries "he doesn't owe us anything", bear in mind, that's not the point here. Steve says he's interested in keeping the legacy alive and honoring the work. Well that can't really be said if he just keeps the script to himself, eh?

Just my three cents.

October 7th, 2017, 1:30 pm #8

Firstly, this isn't to sound abrupt or aggressive at all, but I do things 'for the fan's you put it with my own work / material or with permissions from the owner(s), and anything else I release with permissions is always explained in the acknowledgements explaining every attempt has been made to contact the owner, for example the FSW and GMN annuals.

I cannot post anything from SF/NF because its not my property or right to do so.

Best Regards

SK