Q&A with Matthew Polly - 20th July 2018

July 2nd, 2018, 8:48 pm #1

Fantastic news for all forum members!

Matthew Polly has kindly agreed to participate in a special forum Q&A on the 20th July which is the 45th Anniversary of Bruce's passing. 

His new book, 'Bruce Lee: A Life', is receiving rave reviews from all over the world so I'm pleased that he's taken the time out of his busy schedule to kindly do this Q&A for all of us. Much appreciated Matthew thank you!

Can you please post your questions for Matthew in this thread! You have a bit of time to read his book and have a good think about what you would like to ask. Thanks Everyone.

Matthew Polly is the national bestselling author of American Shaolin and Tapped Out. A Princeton graduate and Rhodes Scholar, his writing has appeared in The Washington Post, Esquire, Slate, Playboy, and The Nation. He is a fellow at Yale University.
https://mattpolly.com/

July 2nd, 2018, 8:58 pm #2

Great news. Thanks Nick.

July 2nd, 2018, 9:04 pm #3

Cheers Greg. Bob Wall and original GAME is just too tempting 😉

That would be my first question:

1. Did Bob Wall tell you anything about Bruce's plans and his role in the original Game of Death? He has claimed in the past to have shot test pagoda floor footage with Bruce.

July 2nd, 2018, 10:45 pm #4

Awesome !!!  Thank you for setting this up, Nick. You are the man!
"All type of knowledge ultimately means self-knowledge"

July 3rd, 2018, 1:56 pm #5

The book is brilliant. I've passed it along to his old neighbor on Roscomare Road in Bel Air. He still has his Jun Fan black sweatshirt Bruce gave him in 68. - Ozzie

July 3rd, 2018, 2:34 pm #6

I have a question for MP. He said that Bob Wall had some not nice things to say about Linda Lee. Can he clarify that a little bit more, say without quoting Mr Wall?

I recently watched the video of Wall and Lewis criticizing BL in the behind the scenes photos of Lee sparring lightly with Wall. They were both pretty critical. I can't tell if Wall is a BS-er if he liked Lee or if he was jealous to a fault.

I don't think there is much you can say negative about Linda, myself.

July 3rd, 2018, 5:38 pm #7

Ozzie wrote: The book is brilliant. I've passed it along to his old neighbor on Roscomare Road in Bel Air. He still has his Jun Fan black sweatshirt Bruce gave him in 68. - Ozzie
Hi Ozzie

Welcome to the forum. I've sent you a private message about posting images on the forum. Click on the Envelope icon at the top to go to your messages. Cheers, Nick

July 3rd, 2018, 7:29 pm #8

[quote="badger01j"]

I recently watched the video of Wall and Lewis criticizing BL in the behind the scenes photos of Lee sparring lightly with Wall. They were both pretty critical. I can't tell if Wall is a BS-er if he liked Lee or if he was jealous to a fault.

[/quote]Where is this video?

July 3rd, 2018, 7:35 pm #9

[quote="PhantomDreamer"]
[quote="badger01j"]

[/quote]
Where is this video?
[/quote]
Never mind, I found it on YouTube. It was uploaded June 28, but it doesn't mention what year this was recorded. Probably some time in the 1990s.

July 3rd, 2018, 7:53 pm #10

[quote="PhantomDreamer"]
[quote="PhantomDreamer"]
[quote="badger01j"]

[/quote]
Where is this video?
[/quote]
Never mind, I found it on YouTube. It was uploaded June 28, but it doesn't mention what year this was recorded. Probably some time in the 1990s.
[/quote]

Post the video in question, please?