July 5th, 2018, 10:34 pm #21

Yes let's see those questions :)

July 5th, 2018, 11:33 pm #22

When did the principal photography of Fist of Fury take place? Start to finish.

July 6th, 2018, 12:37 am #23

Good question, Phantom. I've always wondered about the production dates of FOF.
"All type of knowledge ultimately means self-knowledge"

July 6th, 2018, 1:15 am #24

[quote="JKD54"]
Good question, Phantom. I've always wondered about the production dates of FOF.
[/quote]

It's just that his original contract with Golden Harvest stated he complete the 2 films in 4 months beginning on July 12, 1971. Despite this, I often see FOF stills dated 1972, including in Bruce Lee: A Life.

July 6th, 2018, 9:37 am #25

Did you contact and talk to Peter Chin? 

Could you kindly share some of your best Bruce Lee sources in HK apart from Betty?

Which Bruce Lee related sites in HK did you visit? How did you find the place?

Could you tell us more about your interview with Raymond Chow? How long did you get to spend with him? 

Did you hear about any rare unseen Bruce Lee footage in your research such as behind-the-scenes stuff or home shot movies with students like McQueen, Norris, Stone etc.?

I will have more about the later years because I don't know if you have covered it in your book until I complete it. Thanks Matthew.

July 7th, 2018, 8:08 pm #26

Why did he wear different pairs of sneakers during the Game of Death pagoda fight scenes?

July 7th, 2018, 8:14 pm #27

I attended the Birmingham Convention
back in 1990.
George Tan said something that summed it up and I'll never forget it.
"People like Ed Parker and Wall, they talk about Bruce but inside hated him for what he could do.
Here comes a little Chinese guy and he could play at will"
Check it out on you tube if you can get the full footage.
That Sparring on the set of Enter is nothing but playing around with Wall.
James Demile once said that it would have literally Psychologically destroyed Bruce if he got beaten.
I can believe that.
We've all seen it in our school days.
How many times did we see a little guy just naturally do everything really well in athletics when us other lesser mortals worked our butts  off, and we still wasn't able to catch up.
That was Bruce.
A true GOD gifted natural talent, but who made himself even better with an incredible and admirable work ethic.
I watched a video a while back and it was to do with Joe Lewis.
It was some kind of award that he was giving out, or Linda was giving out, I'm not sure now.
Anyway, Joe was sadly poorly at the time with the effects from Chemo and he was heavily bloated.
Linda gave a touching speech to Joe, saying that Bruce would say to him, keep fighting his Cancer.
Joe filled up with tears.
The point I'm making is this.
Beyond all the bullshit of who was best and what not, nothing brings a person down to reality more than impending death from an illness.
Maybe Joe realised that near the end and it's about time Wall does.
Nothing but ego talking.
Maybe someone can try and find it on YouTube and download it.
Regards everyone.
Tony

July 8th, 2018, 3:26 pm #28

Great book Mr Polly, it’s definitely the best I’ve ever read on the man, congratulations.

A few questions:
1) Is either Dr Langford or Dr Wu still alive? Were you able to talk to them and if so how did they react to the heatstroke theory (which does seem far more likely than the official explanation)
2) I almost hate to go there with this one but it needs to be asked. In your book you mention the paramedic testifying (repeatedly) that there was a third, unidentified ‘young man’ in Betty’s apartment when he arrived on July 20. Betty and Chow (both proven to have lied in other details) both denied this. As a lot of us here know Bruce’s autopsy showed a ‘congested rectum’ which the coroner found unusual and was unable to explain. I think you know where I’m going with this...it does make sense that an affair between Bruce and Betty would be covered up, but it still seems that the lengths chow and Betty went to do this are a little extreme. But kinky behaviour well beyond a typical heterosexual affair between two people would DEFINITELY be something to be covered up to protect Bruce’s image, his future movie sales, and Linda’s feelings. Pure speculation I know but had this thought ever crossed your mind? I think it’s likely an impossibility and threesomes are not exactly what I would want to imagine Bruce being involved in, but when I read that information that I had never heard before I must admit the possibility came to mind!
3) On a less controversial note...how long did bruce actually study wing Chun? It seems we have reports of anything from 1.5 years (from WSL) to 4 years. Thank you

July 8th, 2018, 3:53 pm #29

And one last question;
4) Davis Miller in an interview said he knows the supplier for Lee’s hash, and that person has blamed themselves for Bruce’s death ever since. Did Miller reveal any info about this or who this person was when/if you interviewed him?

JTF

July 8th, 2018, 8:59 pm #30

Matthew: I was curious as to why you chose to report the story of Bruce kicking Bob Wall for real during the filming of ETD, rather than the more interesting story of Bruce Lee taking apart an extra who challenged him on the film set?

Ironically, Bob Wall witnessed this fight and he was the first person to provide details of the fight to the print media. IMO, putting this story in your book would have enhanced your position that Bruce Lee was a legitimate fighter.

Thanks,
Phil