OT You only live twice

OT You only live twice

November 12th, 2017, 10:38 am #1

This was the first time I ever saw a Bond movie back in '88 , I met her 2 yrs ago in Lon.....RIP :(

Actually first time I heard about Bond was Duran Duran , they played the hell out of the video on MTV in summer '85.

OHMSS was the best Bond movie if you ask me !

Did Lee ever go to see Bond , he def wouldve started in a Bond had he lived , of that I am certain.

November 13th, 2017, 8:34 am #2

YOLT -- very fun movie, a cross between 'serious' Bond and 'silly' Bond. Beautiful photography, music. I'm fairly certain Bruce Lee saw it; note that was also the period of Our Man Flint, with his friend/student James Coburn. If you watch Flint, you can see lots of cinematic moves that likely Lee adopted. Bruce would have also have been a serious contender for the current Bond movie of his era. In 1974 'The Man With the Golden Bun' with Roger Moore was released, and it featured martial arts. Since Jon Benn was friends with Bond director Terence Stamp, maybe he has a scoop whether Lee was in contact with the Bond team at that time, since by 1973 he was on Hollywood's radar, and reportedly receiving big offers.

November 13th, 2017, 11:25 am #3

What Bond film did Terence Stamp direct? I know he wanted to play Bond when Connery departed. Do you mean Terence Young?

In any case, I digress.

November 15th, 2017, 5:33 am #4

Oops, so sorry. You're right, of course. Btw, I got this info from Benn's 'Remembering Bruce Lee.' Benn autographed it. (I gave the book to a friend). Seems he knew a lot of people in the film business. I met him in Hong Kong about ten years ago, probably right before he moved to Shanghai. Another btw, I see that Terence Young was born in Shanghai, very exotic.

November 16th, 2017, 10:27 am #5

Yeah, I've heard this Lieutenant Hip stuff in the past but I don't know if I buy it.

The part was extremely small and the character is nothing more than an inflated Kato or Winslow Wong. With the star power Lee would have had after ETD, he would have been more in demand than Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, Clint Eastwood - any of them.

A co-starring role in TMWTGG would have been a major step backward regardless of how lucrative the franchise was/ is.

November 17th, 2017, 5:02 am #6

Maybe the Bond producers would have tailored a film with BL as star, although they would have to tread carefully so they wouldn't affect negatively their main cash cow.

November 17th, 2017, 8:19 am #7

Roger Moore insisted that an unlimited supply of Montecristo cigars be written into his contract whenever he played James Bond.

The chances of him standing for Bruce Lee being paid more than him for 10 minutes of screen time are as slim as one of his female co-stars lol.

November 17th, 2017, 9:19 pm #8

-he wouldve finished Game
-Sophia Loren movie
-Drug Terror with Bob Wall
-Lee wouldve teamed up with Wang Yu , Chen Sing......just a matter of time
-Lee and Nicholson
-wouldve guest starred on MASH , Dallas and Seinfeld (teaching Kramer martial arts lol)