New Saw Scene Picture

July 7th, 2018, 2:53 pm #1

Has anyone checked this out yet?

https://easternheroes.com/product/pre-o ... july-2018/

I've never seen that picture before. Is it actually from the saw scene or some type of rehearsal outtake? There's fake blood on the back of the guys head which makes it seem like it could be the real thing, but I've never seen Bruce with two hands on the saw before. It actually looks like Bruce let go of the saw and the stunt man is holding it.

I'm probably going to buy the full Mandarian Superstar book once it's out. The Big Boss and all its lost footage have always fascinated me.

July 7th, 2018, 4:03 pm #2

I remember seeing the saw to the head scene when I saw the movie back in 1971 at a theater in D.C. He moves it like an axe, not a sawing motion.

July 7th, 2018, 6:17 pm #3

Steve Kerridge is good at finding rare photos.
"All type of knowledge ultimately means self-knowledge"

July 7th, 2018, 6:57 pm #4

[quote="badger01j"]
I remember seeing the saw to the head scene when I saw the movie back in 1971 at a theater in D.C. He moves it like an axe, not a sawing motion.
[/quote]

What else do you remember about the saw scene? Does it actually look like it does in the existing pictures that are left?

Did the version you saw also have the 2nd brothel scene and burning carts and the other lost scenes?

July 10th, 2018, 4:27 pm #5

No, the scene looked like it contained a jump cut from him swinging the saw in a vertical arc, and then you see a different shot of the scene with the saw embedded. I do not recall any other additional lost scenes.

July 10th, 2018, 10:38 pm #6

I remember a couple of years ago someone claimed to have found the saw scene on a beta tape. They even posted a screenshot of it. I think some of the posters convinced the guy it was a fake and the thread kinda just ended.

Here's a link to the forum: http://www.shaolinchamber36.com/kungfuf ... for-trade/

The screenshot is about halfway down the first page. It seems fairly legit, I'm not sure how someone would actually fake that bottom picture. And the fact that it was on a beta tape makes it seem like it would have to have pre dated photoshop too.

July 10th, 2018, 11:02 pm #7

That was faked, they drew it in and inserted it, but it did look like that.