New book BRUCE LEE: THE MARTIAL MOVIES

New book BRUCE LEE: THE MARTIAL MOVIES

Dave Dean JF
Dave Dean JF

October 4th, 2017, 9:42 am #1

/product/bruce-lee-the-martial-movies/

http://hate-media.com/wp-content/upload ... -proof.jpg

Bruce Lee: The Martial Movies

Normal price:£24.00 Now: £20.00 (preorder)

Raymond Chow produced a further four films starring Bruce Lee: ‘Fist of Fury’, ‘Way of the Dragon’, ‘Game of Death’ and ‘Enter the Dragon’. Each film had a similar souvenir magazine printed alongside its release. Now extremely rare and hard to find, these original souvenir magazines have been compiled and reprinted in this book.
Although Bruce Lee only made five films for Golden Harvest, he agreed to allow his name and some candid footage to be used to promote the film ‘Fist of Unicorn’, starring life-long friend Unicorn Chan. The picture was produced by Shi Chiao Chin, a former manager at Cathay Films and friend of Raymond Chow. Since the film was a direct cash in on the Bruce Lee phenomenon it was natural for a souvenir to be printed as well. Thanks to Mr. Shi who provided us with an original program and allowed it to be reproduced in this book. We feel it deserves representation in this volume of Bruce Lee’s martial art movies.
Usual Price: £24 per copy + shipping
Promotional Price: £20 per copy + Shipping
192 pages
Language: Chinese & English
Size: 21 x 30 cm
Weight: 1 KG

Dave Dean JF
Dave Dean JF

October 4th, 2017, 9:44 am #2

October 4th, 2017, 5:04 pm #3

As they have put the BLE copyright notice on it, yet the BLE have no recollection of this?

SK

October 4th, 2017, 5:33 pm #4

Do you still making Bruce Lee clips?

Chuan Jun Fan
Chuan Jun Fan

October 4th, 2017, 8:10 pm #5

Raymond Chow produced a further four films starring Bruce Lee: ‘Fist of Fury’, ‘Way of the Dragon’, ‘Game of Death’ and ‘Enter the Dragon’. Each film had a similar souvenir magazine printed alongside its release. Now extremely rare and hard to find, these original souvenir magazines have been compiled and reprinted in this book.
Although Bruce Lee only made five films for Golden Harvest, he agreed to allow his name and some candid footage to be used to promote the film ‘Fist of Unicorn’, starring life-long friend Unicorn Chan. The picture was produced by Shi Chiao Chin, a former manager at Cathay Films and friend of Raymond Chow. Since the film was a direct cash in on the Bruce Lee phenomenon it was natural for a souvenir to be printed as well. Thanks to Mr. Shi who provided us with an original program and allowed it to be reproduced in this book. We feel it deserves representation in this volume of Bruce Lee’s martial art movies.
192 pages
Historically speaking, Hate Media have had a varied range of publications produced with various authors.Each project can be judged on its own merits. Many fans from the early 1970s who are still following Bruce may have limited budgets (possibly only meagre pensions) and they may already own the Chinese originals (if they are not too rare). They might be tempted to buy if there is something new in them, like a revealing translation or insightful research that they can't get elsewhere.

Most of the photo content of the early mags has become commonplace on the internet.
Any chance of Nick getting an advance review copy of the text content (English language)?
After all, it doesn't make moral or economic sense to pay and support a publisher that doesn't credit or pay a writer such as LJF when he's gracious and generous enough to share the material on this forum for free.

October 4th, 2017, 8:34 pm #6

Yes, these guys at Hate Media recently ripped off material LJF had posted on Game of Death, and have no sense of decency at all. This is the main reason I walked away from doing a book with George Tan who is a real piece of crap. The BLE hate the guy for his tabloid attitude and bootleg background, but I managed to secure the backing of the BLE in a collaboration with Tan only because of my work history of legitimate projects with the BLE blessing. Then Tan decided he wanted to take the tabloid approach so I walked away and took the BLE with me. As for this idiot dave/deanJ|F who hides behind a false name like a coward decides to throw insults that frankly bounce off my back. I use my real name on here, unlike that dick lol

Best,
Steve

October 5th, 2017, 1:16 am #7

192 pages
Who wrote these magazines? Are the text all in Chinese? Any rare photos? Please show some screen shots to see whether it's worth buying?

Dave Dean JF
Dave Dean JF

October 5th, 2017, 10:11 am #8

You will find preview pages. www.hate-media.com

BTW I thought Steve Kerridge was the author, but I was obviously wrong.... LOL!!

October 5th, 2017, 11:27 am #9

You see this is unfortunately your biggest problem. You fire away without knowing any real facts. The book you have so willingly promoted is nothing than a compilation of 4 vintage magazines, that to be honest aren't that rare ( I actually may upload these magazines free of charge for our members on here ( thats those with real names and those that actually login, unlike you of whom are it seems too scared to reveal your real name- not that its of any importance)

Anyway.... lol

SK

October 5th, 2017, 5:24 pm #10

This entire thread is a mess. NT