Lo Wei , Robert Clouse or BL ?

September 12th, 2018, 2:31 pm #1

My favorite BL movies are WOTD and GOD, I always see people saying ´WOTD is the best of BL` or ´GOD is the best of BL` Robert Clouse contrary to what this writing is not really the director of GOD, im talking about the true GOD and not that joke of Robert Clouse. In my opinion the best director with whom BL worked was himself, I really like FOF but he has many exaggerations , the ETD of Robert Clouse is preferred by people in general but among BL fans he is the most rejected film , in the orient ETD was a failure, WOTD is BL's most successful film in the orient , Lo Wei is a much better director than Bob Clouse but BL is better than Lo Wei.

September 12th, 2018, 3:13 pm #2

There's a peculiar dynamic between Clouse and Lo. Clouse was deaf whereas Lo never cared about the way things sound because H.K. movies at that time were not recorded with sound. The cast would have to act while Lo was listening to races on a radio whose volume was loud......yet the acting in his movies is still better than in pretty much any given Clouse movie. He is the most literal example of a film-maker who people like to boast about by saying: "He could do it in his sleep."

It goes without saying that BL was a better director than the two of them, but between those two - Lo is the most consistent and the least disappointing. He did a superior job of directing Jackie Chan. He had the courage to direct a Fist of Fury sequel without BL. In fact, New Fist of Fury is a better sequel than China O'Brien 2. Also, his spy movie (Angel with the Iron Fists) has more going for it than Clouse's spy movie (The London Connection). It's a shame that Lo didn't direct beyond the '70s.