Linda Lee’s interesting opinions on Bruce’s alleged affairs

May 25th, 2018, 1:58 pm #1

Interesting excerpt from Mathew Polly interview regarding Linda’s opinions on Bruce’s alleged affairs:

“Matthew points out that he spoke to both Linda and Shannon. "I like them both," he says, "and admire the way they've worked so hard to keep Bruce's image alive and talk about his philosophy and the values that he espoused. So, bracketing that, I was curious, because the image they presented is more like Saint Bruce. I wondered if it was monetary or if it was true belief, and when I talked to Linda, and was interviewing her, my feeling was, 'My God, she really does believe that he was perfect.' And she wasn't fully convinced he'd cheated on her when I interviewed her. I'd written a piece where I'd said Betty Ting Pei was his girlfriend, and she hadn't agreed to the interview until she read that piece, and she basically came in to correct me. She was, like, 'Well, we don't know if this is true,' and I asked, 'So you don't believe it?' 'Well, he was such a good father and such a good husband. I don't think he would do anything to hurt his family.' At that moment I was, like, 'Wow, okay.'

"Here's the thing," he elaborates. "I think to this day, he was the true love of her life; her first true love, and she just has a remarkable love for him. I've been at wakes for students of his, and she kind of offers up things that Bruce said, and I came away feeling, like, 'She's a bit of a high priestess of the Church of Bruce.' My point is, I think it's quite sincere. Secondarily, the Bruce Lee estate, as policy, doesn't get involved with anything that touches on his death — which involved the scandal. As a result, when you see anything that's been authorized by the estate, you'll get his whole life and then there's an ambulance driving by and it goes into the afterwards. So it creates a distorted image of who he was."

May 25th, 2018, 2:50 pm #2

If Linda thinks it's beneficial for her to stay in perpetual denial, that's her problem. Granted, there is no conclusive evidence that Bruce was a horndog (that is, outside of what Polly's book will introduce on the matter), but literally anyone else who has known the Little Dragon up and close knows he's hardly a paragon of perfection.

May 25th, 2018, 3:58 pm #3

I hope that Polly interviewed Polly Shang-Kwan, who visited the GOD set.

May 26th, 2018, 12:19 am #4

Linda not "touching on anything to do with his death" is more than likely a part of her 'silent treatment' she' sworn to in the aftermath of what happened. She knew he was under the scrutiny of The Triads, and had his troubles with Chow... The Lo Wei incident... She hasn't spoken of those things and probably has no intention of doing so. This is how she has managed to remain alive and somewhat prosper. I hate to say it, but the loss of Brandon may have been a reminder; don't forget, it happened just before the release of Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. 

May 26th, 2018, 12:21 am #5

'Silent Agreement' I meant to type in previous post. Big difference. 

May 26th, 2018, 1:22 am #6

[quote="dragonb"]
Linda not "touching on anything to do with his death" is more than likely a part of her 'silent treatment' she' sworn to in the aftermath of what happened. She knew he was under the scrutiny of The Triads, and had his troubles with Chow... The Lo Wei incident... She hasn't spoken of those things and probably has no intention of doing so. This is how she has managed to remain alive and somewhat prosper. I hate to say it, but the loss of Brandon may have been a reminder; don't forget, it happened just before the release of Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. 
[/quote]

One can only wonder if the real reason Lo Wei was made director for BB and FOF is simply because the Triads wanted to keep a close eye on Bruce whilst he was away from Hong Kong.

May 26th, 2018, 1:38 am #7

Very interesting, Horace21. Lo Wanted to make a 3rd film with Lee badly, and Bruce refused adamantly, to work with him, AND Han Ying Chieh, again. Another way to be in his pockets, for sure.

May 26th, 2018, 1:43 am #8

The rumour of Brandon planning to investigate or re-open his fathers death case around the time of filming the Crow have been around for a long time. I have heard this myself from what I would consider to be a reliable source. I’m curious as to where others have heard this before, who was the first to reveal/mention it and what was the original source? If true this is a vital and important part of looking at an overall ‘conspiracy’ angle

May 26th, 2018, 4:07 am #9

Linda Lee sued 14 entities following Brandon's death.
http://articles.latimes.com/1993-08-11/ ... ee-cadwell

May 26th, 2018, 6:55 am #10

Let's not forget Chow's background as a government spy back in Taiwan. He may have bugged Bruce's office to benefit himself and Lo. No matter how private that Bruce wanted the filming of GOD to be, Lo still stole the original title for himself (Yellow Faced Tiger) by copyrighting it a year before he used it in 1974 (the Don Wong movie with Chuck Norris). I always found it strange that he didn't use it for what became A Man Called Tiger.

The following 1993 forum topic was the first time that I had read about the possibility of Brandon being silenced:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searc ... wCLjx5vtwJ

I wish that justice had been done like in Perry Mason: The Case of the Shooting Star (1986). Interestingly, the author of The Crow (James O'Barr) said this about Brandon's emotional preparation for the adaptation: "He said he was going to relate the loss of Shelly to the loss of his father."