James Lee told Allen Joe Bruce won WJM !

James Lee told Allen Joe Bruce won WJM !

December 29th, 2015, 10:41 am #1

I just read Allen Joe's new book, "The Last of the Four Musketeers: Allen Joe's Life and Friendship With Bruce Lee".

Below is the excerpt from his book where James Lee told Allen Joe about the fight:

"According to James, the fight lasted 3 minutes. Bruce got tired of chasing Wong Jack Man from one room to another, and at the end Bruce pinned him down to the floor and asked him to give up.
The traditional Kung Fu people in the area then left him alone."

"That evening, I was about to close my business when I got a phone call. 'It’s all over; he won!' James said. I was relieved because we’d known that the fight was inevitable. The next day, the Chinese newspapers were saying that it was a draw, but we did not pay too much attention to it."

"Bruce was upset with himself after the fight. He realized that by using his traditional gung fu, it had taken him longer than he intended to defeat Wong. At that point, he had decided to get out of his 'classical mess' and reevaluate his approach. This was the beginning of what we now know as his personal evolution. Bruce Lee had developed his own version of martial arts, popularly known to the world as Jeet Kune Do or JKD.”

James Lee, a honorable martial arts practitioner in Seattle and being one of the eye-witnesses, told his children - Greglon Lee, Karena Lee, Leo Fong and Allen Joe etc. that Bruce won the fight. So, he can't be lying.

I trust James Lee and Allen Joe. My highest respect to the last Musketeer alive.

December 29th, 2015, 10:59 am #2

Samuel
Samuel

December 29th, 2015, 11:36 am #3

I just read Allen Joe's new book, "The Last of the Four Musketeers: Allen Joe's Life and Friendship With Bruce Lee".

Below is the excerpt from his book where James Lee told Allen Joe about the fight:

"According to James, the fight lasted 3 minutes. Bruce got tired of chasing Wong Jack Man from one room to another, and at the end Bruce pinned him down to the floor and asked him to give up.

"That evening, I was about to close my business when I got a phone call. 'It’s all over; he won!' James said. I was relieved because we’d known that the fight was inevitable. The next day, the Chinese newspapers were saying that it was a draw, but we did not pay too much attention to it."

"Bruce was upset with himself after the fight. He realized that by using his traditional gung fu, it had taken him longer than he intended to defeat Wong. At that point, he had decided to get out of his 'classical mess' and reevaluate his approach. This was the beginning of what we now know as his personal evolution. Bruce Lee had developed his own version of martial arts, popularly known to the world as Jeet Kune Do or JKD.”

James Lee, a honorable martial arts practitioner in Seattle and being one of the eye-witnesses, told his children - Greglon Lee, Karena Lee, Leo Fong and Allen Joe etc. that Bruce won the fight. So, he can't be lying.

I trust James Lee and Allen Joe. My highest respect to the last Musketeer alive.

Thanks for posting this important info, mate!

James Lee was a man of integrity and a great Kung Fu man. I believe what he told Allen Joe is true.
It doesn't matter whether Bruce boasted or didn't won the fight easily, importantly, he won! That's all!

Brendon
Brendon

December 29th, 2015, 12:07 pm #4

!

Jon
Jon

December 29th, 2015, 4:15 pm #5

Allen Joe must be over 90 years old. Good thing he wrote this book to keep Bruce's memory alive.

I too, believe Allen's word that Bruce won as told by James Lee.

Going to get the book soon.

December 29th, 2015, 5:24 pm #6

"They did not exactly bow to each other, more like a nod, but not a bow or formal salutation. My recollection is that Bruce did a very quick hand movement and began straight blasting his opponent, and almost immediately, the challenger backed away and then he began to run, running about 15 feet, entering this door, going through this dressing room and emerging from the other door, and they must have run around like that five times with Bruce chasing him. The challenger turned around and back-pedalled at some point and tried to do something, then turned and ran. Then they engaged in the middle, with some techniques exchanged, but almost immediately then, Bruce got him down on the ground and was standing over him saying, 'Do you give up! Do you give up?!' And he said, 'Yes.' The entire engagement lasted about three minutes. There was very little combat or connecting blows. Nobody got banged up, there was no black eyes or anything like that. After the incident, the challenger and his entourage quickly left the gym."

December 29th, 2015, 6:11 pm #7

Linda was the one who first published the story that Bruce was challenged to a fight because he was teaching non-Chinese, and that WJM had delivered a scroll with an ultimatum, which if Lee lost, he must either stop teaching non-Chinese, or close down his school. She claimed everyone there were "Wong's men". Her account of the fight says that Bruce "pounded Wong into a state of demoralization". There is no corroboration for any of this, except from the Lee's side. Even George Lee is on record as saying he took Linda outside. Another part of Linda's story claimed that Al Dacascos had received a similar threat from the same people a year afterwards for teaching non-Chinese. Except Al Dacascos was a student of Wong Jack Man!

You can't make this stuff up. It's too funny!

Just forget what Linda says about the fight.
"All type of knowledge ultimately means self-knowledge"

December 29th, 2015, 6:17 pm #8

So if a parent tells their children something, it must be true! Lol...

And if Allen Joe simply repeats what James Lee told him, then it must be true!

Wow...some people seem to have a very low bar for evidence and believebility.

Sorry, I'll take the word of 9 multiple eyewitnesses, George Lee, a reporter, and Lee's own letter to James Lee, over Allen Joe any day.

December 29th, 2015, 7:05 pm #9

What's your beef with Allen Joe? So, according to you, James Lee and Allen Joe have no integrity?

December 29th, 2015, 8:14 pm #10

I don't have a beef with Allen Joe. Do I need to?

Allen Joe accepted what James told him at face value. He had no reason not to believe him. James was there to witness the fight and Allen Joe was not. James Lee was a well respected martial artist and a good family man. But there's almost no evidence to support James Lee's version that Bruce won easily in 3 minutes.

I could just as easily ask, what's your beef with 9 witnesses, George Lee, and a newspaper reporter? Do none of them have any integrity? Is it all a vast conspiracy?